This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    That really surprises me. With the success of Sanctuary you would think SciFi would want the normal 20 episodes. Maybe its a production issue.
    Well AT said in an interview that 13 is a good number for them because, 1st they are expensive and dont have the € of a studio and 2nd post-production takes a long time.
    She also said that if sci fi asked for 20 of course they would take it on but that 13 works out perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
      Well AT said in an interview that 13 is a good number for them because, 1st they are expensive and dont have the € of a studio and 2nd post-production takes a long time.
      She also said that if sci fi asked for 20 of course they would take it on but that 13 works out perfectly.
      So it sounds like a side effect of producing a show entirely behind green screens.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

From Damian on Twitter :

"Crafting story for Sanctuary: Heroes trapped in air ambulance hanging off skyscraper -- monster inside in pod, and very unhappy about it..."

about 3 hours ago from web
        -

Comment

This is all getting soooo exciting!
          sigpic

Comment

13 episode seasons work quite well for Dr Who, Primeval, Torchwood and some other shows.

I think they have the philosophy of 'make less that look better and are more tightly scripted/plotted than pull out 20 with some of them being fluff

the spoilers look fun
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I didn't peek at the spoilers, but I am thrilled to learn they're filming again!!
              sigpic

Comment

I'am so looking forward to season 2 Sweet !
                sigpic
                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

*does a dance* i'm so excited
                  Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                  Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Huh Spoiler drought !

Comment

"We ended with a bit of a cliffhanger at the end of the first season," Sanctuary's Amanda Tapping tells us, "and this first part of this season is really dark. It's darker and edgier, and we're dealing with a force that could potentially destroy Sanctuary, so there's a huge edge to it. I think we'll see a lot more of the dark, angry side of [my character] Helen Magnus in the first part of the season." Adds Robin Dunne, "There's some heavy stuff in the two-hour opener that I think fans are really going to be blown away by. This adhesive that keeps them all together, this belief, gets rattled a little bit."

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...ng_on_her.html

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                        Huh Spoiler drought !
                        There's the casting spoilers from today's press release. The main page on GW has an article about it.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...second-season/

I'm happy about Ryan Robbins becoming a regular on the show and I'm really looking forward to Alan McCullough joining the writing staff since I enjoyed most of his SG-1 and SGA episodes. I'm not sure what to think about the new character being added to the cast. She sounds a lot like a Vala-type character to me and that worries me. It could end up being a good thing or a bad thing depending on how the character is used.

Guess I'll just have to wait until October to see how she fits in.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                          There's the casting spoilers from today's press release. The main page on GW has an article about it.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...second-season/

I'm happy about Ryan Robbins becoming a regular on the show and I'm really looking forward to Alan McCullough joining the writing staff since I enjoyed most of his SG-1 and SGA episodes. I'm not sure what to think about the new character being added to the cast. She sounds a lot like a Vala-type character to me and that worries me. It could end up being a good thing or a bad thing depending on how the character is used.

Guess I'll just have to wait until October to see how she fits in.
                          Yay! for Ryan but total reservations about the additions

I actually hated most of AM's stories in SG-1, whilst I found the premise of the stories intriguing I felt that the execution of them sucked majorly. I realise this could have been from rewrites from other staff but if he comes up with good ideas hopefully the rest of the writing staff will make sure the awful plot hole ridden dreck of SG-1 isn't repeated.

As for adding another character to the cast, lets hope she fits in better than InvisiGirl
                          -

Comment

omg,
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAhIAXDfGE0
                            its the audition by some woman for Kate Freelander, some major spoilers there!
                            sigpic

Comment

Damn couldnt get in here. And still cant open the main page.

Tesla babe: Yeh, as soon as a read about the new character I thought of that.

I'm glad Ryan is in the main cast but their are talking like this new character is a new main player as well. I hate cast changes but lets wait and see.

Looking foward to reading those links. Have to wait till I get home.

Comment

Its great that Ryan has been promoted to regular, Henry was a nice surprise as a character in season 1. Also great that a site like E! has posted about the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X