No announcement yet.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Series of Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

took one look at the trailer and I`ve got to admitt. I frakkin love it been waiting for this movie for a long time now.

Comment

*drool*
      Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
      Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

4 New X-Men Origins: Wolverine Images
        The spotlight shines on Wolverine, Sabretooth, Blob and Wraith:

Link

including one of
        Spoiler:
        Blob
        Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Does anyone think they will show Daken in the movie? Maybe at least hint him being in it and maybe a bigger role in (if) part 2 is made?
          Visit my Website

Comment

Watch the new Wolverine trailer, now with mutant IDs!

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/watch-t...olverine-t.php

Comment

Marvel hire 2009 Oscar winning scribe for WOLVERINE 2?

At the Bradford International Film Festival, 2009 Oscar winning Slumdog Millionaire scribe Simon Beaufoy has been telling attendees that Marvel have hired him to write a sequel to the May released X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Adam, employed at the festival sent the scoop to AICN…

he dropped a bit of a scoop, hes been employed to write the script for “wolverine 2? a film…he commented that while he was apprehensive about the project (claiming to not even know what a wolverine was!) his agent pursuaded him to take it on.

he clarified that working on a film thats successor has yet to be finished was a strange experience, and one that he wasnt sure he was comfortable with.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine, opening in just over a month’s time was written by David Benioff.

From the sounds of it then, the hiring of Benioff would be an indicator that this time around they are going for talented writers first, over who might be fans of the character second.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...olverine-2.php

Comment

So they are already moving forward with a sequel? Wow.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  So they are already moving forward with a sequel? Wow.
                  Shows a lot of faith in the first film dont it.

Comment

How the Wolverine Movie is Setting up a Deadpool Movie

What I've heard about the story arc of Deadpool, from a reasonably reliable source, which will start a new franchise...
                    Ryan Reynolds was not lying in his most recent interview with MTV and some had thought this was an opportunity to drum up interest in the role by creating controversy, but there is truth to what he says, also he is not revealing everything.

Wade Wilson does become Weapon XI, this is basically confirmed with Ryan Reynolds, but what he does not say is that there is footage after the end scene in the trailers that has yet to be talked about.

There have been 2 speculations as far as what happens in the movie and how it plays out

Spoiler Alert! If you want to be spoiled do not read further

Spoiler:
                    In the movie:
                    - Reynolds plays Wade Wilson the eternal smartass to the point there is conflict with the team and plays him very true to the character.
                    - Wilson clashes with both Logan and Sabertooth who already do not like the guy let alone each other.
                    - Wade Wilson is made into the Weapon XI mutant drawing abilities from Strykers crazy lab and testing, to make Wilson into a mutant to kill mutants, kind of like a Stryker bounty hunter toy. Fight fire with fire.
                    - Wilson is rushed out of his Weapon XI process after Wolverine frees the other mutants held captive by Stryker for experiments and the 2 fight it out in grand fashion. Wolverine wins with help from Sabertooth who wants to be the one ot kill Wolverine, Weapon XI is sent headless down into a nuke reactor.

What some have said is there is a scene after the credits, which there undoubtedly is. This is where there are 2 speculations and one I have learned is more possible.

Wilson badly damaged from the fight almost Darth Vader-like is "rescued" by a certain scientist from the Stryker lab and the rest is how this will tie into a brand new Marvel movie that will be announced in early summer of Deadpool for a release in possibly summer 2011.

This is not very far off his origin since he did volunteer for the second Weapon X program which did alter his physique and does not in fact get his name DeadPool until he is in Dr.Killebrew's workshop where he takes on the name. The movie will go from the poiont he hits the "workshop" and have flashbacks of what made him Wade Wilson..

Upon hearing this today, I immediately took all comic movie interest and and seriously looking forward to this movie, I urge all naysayers to see the movie and judge for yourselves.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/C...y/news/?a=6696

Comment

'Wolverine 2': Will 'Slumdog' writer tackle the script?
                      Mar 25, 2009, 10:16 PM | by Sean Smith

X-Men Origins: Wolverine hasn't even opened yet, and already there are rumors about Wolverine 2. AICN posted an item today that Simon Beaufoy, the Oscar-winning screenwriter of Slumdog Millionaire, was going to write the screenplay for W2. Turns out, no. According to Beaufoy's manager, Beaufoy was approached by Wolverine producer Lauren Shuler Donner to gauge the writer's interest in W2, but no formal offer was made. A Fox source says that the two met at the Slumdog Oscar party and chatted about Wolverine there. Beaufoy, in any case, didn't feel he was right for the project. Furthermore, Fox is saying that no Wolverine 2 project is actively being developed. That's improbable, considering all the positive buzz around Wolverine, which will kick off the summer movie season on May 1, but regardless, the Slumdog scribe won't be doing it. We'll keep you posted on any further developments. -- reported by Dave Karger and Christine Spines

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/...ine-2-wil.html

Comment

anyone think maybe "wolverine 2" is a cover for "deadpool"?

i don't know a lot about deadpool, beyond the fact he was really good in marvel: ultimate alliance but what i do know makes me hopefull for a deadpool movie.

fox are pretty lucky to have their hands on the x-men franchise, and therefore everything remotely connected to it
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Is Mr. Sinister in X-Men Origins: Wolverine?

The 'Wade Wilson is Weapon XI' news didn't sit well with me. I searched to disprove it, but only met disappointment in my quest. I did, however, find evidence to prove Mr. Sinister is in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"
                          Earlier this evening, I viewed an article: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/news/?a=6590 --the news that Wade Wilson a.k.a. Deadpool was also Weapon XI.

This news had me heated. How could they do this after all the greatness they've given us. Until I'd read that, I was sure "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" would be the greatest movie of the year. We all had our doubts at first with all the characters Fox seemed to be cramming in. Then a few characters were tossed in, having nothing to do with Wolverines origin in the comics, characters like Blob, Cyclops, and my personal favorite, Gambit, among others. Admittedly, I didn't care as much the relevance, just the fast I would finally get to see my favorite super hero on film. Immediately I began digging for ways to at least make it acceptable for him to be there. Sabertooth came to mind immediately. As I searched more and watched more previews, I began to form a theory that it was very possible for Mr. Sinister to make a small, yet significant appearance. In the end, all I had were theories and speculation, mostly hope. Now over the past few days, any comic movie fan with an internet connection knows about this Deadpool/Weapon XI fiasco. If your not, refer to the link above. Initially, I was steadfast in my view that this was impossible. It made no sense that Wade Wilson/Deadpool becomes the main powerhouse villain for the movie, Weapon XI. I won't go through all the holes I found in this tragic plot twist, but it motivated me to dig out everything I could to prove this rumor was a hoax. What I found was that they are indeed going to make Deadpool become Weapon XI. While talking with some friends about how terrible this was and I began tossing around my theories that Mr. Sinister would be featured in the movie at some point. Lucky me, the 2 fellow's I was chatting with, hooked777 and alten2345, where seriously good at finding information once I pointed them in the right direction. What they helped me find is astonishing.

WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT!!!

Spoiler:
                          Since Gambit is my favorite character, I can confidently say I know everything about him, from his origins and dark past to every minor detail of his powers and the various ways he can employ them. Any X-fan worth their salt knows that it was Gambit who gathered the Marauders as a last favor he owned to Sinister. These Marauders than went on to cull the life from the Morlock tunnels beneath New York. Even the X-men took heavy casualties‘, all came to pass due to Gambits dealings with Sinister. One of the Marauders turned out to be someone who Gambit was familiar with, Sabertooth. Also, this wasn't the first time Sabertooth had worked for Sinister. Now we have these 3 characters tied together. As Wolverine has long and deep ties with Sabertooth, these characters are linked to our title character. During one of Weapon X programs successful reboots, several prison/testing facilities were in operation. One of them, the Neverland Facility, a death camp where captive mutants were given a choice, if they were fit, to join Weapon X or die. The facility was under the order and supervision of Head Scientist Doctor Robert Windsor. However, Dr. Windsor is not who he seems, he is Mr. Sinister in disguise, and only one other man knows his true identity, and that is Sabertooth. During his command of this facility, he would hand pick the best potential gene pools and take them to his own personal labs. Now an even deeper connection to Sabertooth is established along with strong ties to Weapon X. Additionally, He operated the Neverland facility while Weapon X members such as Sabertooth, Deadpool, Agent Zero, Sauron, Marrow, and others were active... and since this is the Weapon X program that was started by the U.S. is also the basis for the movie, along with its Weapon XI plot and many of the character choices. Another bonus! I have discovered, however, that the prison labs we see aren't Neverland, it's at 3-mile Island for the movie. That obviously isn't a problem, if they can add Blob to Weapon X, they can shuffle 'Dr. Windsor' to the movies main lab setting.

With these strong ties to the source material, Sinister is actually a credible addition to the cast. Now Gambit is linked through the source material. The ties that bind Sinister and Gambit are much deeper than most people know. I mentioned above how Gambit gathered the Marauders for Sinister as a favor that was owed: Gambit's powers manifested at 14. By the time he was about 20-22 his powers had began to grow exponentially and he was slowly losing his control of them. At this time in his history, he could charge objects with kinetic energy simply by looking at them and as he started to lose his control, objects would just explode randomly around him because of the overflow of kinetic energy his body generated. This made him a danger to those around him as well as making it extremely difficult to hide what he is. He searched his connections he'd gathered as a thief to find a scientist who could help mutants. He was sent to Sinister. Sinister bargained that he would remove a piece of Gambits brain, greatly dampening his power, but keeping it within Gambits ability to safely control. In return, Gambit was to perform a series of jobs, leading to his final job of gathering the Marauders. However, unbeknownst to Gambit, Sinister has been a part of his life far longer. It was revealed in "X-Men: The End" miniseries that Gambit was... DUM DUM DUM... Sinister's son. More accurately, Gambit is created from the combined genetic material of Sinister and Scott Summers, then he artificially inseminated the genetic material into a 'breeder' for gestation. When Gambit was born, Sinister gave him to Jean Luc Lebeau, leader of the Thieves Guild so that Gambit would be raised in a fashion Sinister could use in the future. As a note: Chris Claremont wrote the story that revealed this revelation of Gambits true beginnings. This is significant because Claremont is the creator of both Gambit and Sinister, along with many other X-Men and villains. Now I have discovered how Gambit is tied into the story in the movie. He is the only mutant to have escaped a Weapon X prison lab that Wolverine is searching for. Could 'Dr. Windsor' be the head of science at said prison lab? We don't know yet.

It is basically known to all that Cyclops spent his childhood in an orphanage. This orphanage was another property of a disguised Mr. Sinister. Sinister such locations in carious regions of society so as to elevate his chances of getting more powerful mutants to add to his banks. We also know that Sinister has always had a fixation with the Summers bloodline. It has even been revealed that Sinister has been manipulating his family’s gene pool for many generations. Cyclops is the pinnacle of power and his genes, when spliced with others, grew immensely in power. I personally think that they added Cyclops to the cast after deciding to put Sinister in, knowing that if Cyke was tied to Sinister, the fanboy's would accept it. Since Sinister is one of the greatest geneticists in the Marvel Universe, I wonder if 'Dr. Windsor' has a part in the creation of Weapon XI in the movie? Can you see all these ties to him? It's like a web of deception and he's at its center. Before I unveil the final proof of Sinister's presence in this movie, I want you all to know that there is NOTHING anywhere that even mentions Sinister's name in attachment to this film, therefore, all of the things I've told you above involving him in the story is just speculation and possibility. HOWEVER, if you examine every casting list on the internet for this movie, you will get names for everyone and who they are playing, all the way down to the 2 pilots in the heli Wolvie is clinging to in the preview... with one exception. An Australian actor named Christian Clark. Not only can you not find out what role he is cast for, but he is the only member of the cast under a complete gag-order. This means he cannot talk about this movie to anyone except to say, "I can't talk to you about this movie." The most you can find about this mans involvement is this brief interview:

And that's all you can find about him and this movie. Why is he the only one who cannot say a word. This guy actually screwed up by even admitting involvement! And there you have it my friends! While I must concede that this obviously isn't 100% certain, I am confident that my months of referencing, research, and thumbing through old comics has paid off and I would say I'm at least 98% sure that my hypothesis is correct. This is arguably the X-Men's most deadly adversary, and he has the cunning, calculating intellect, and raw power to always stay one step of the X-Men and often operates from the shadows without anyone the wiser. This character could be weaved through the main plots, added to parallel plots ever scheming. To see him on the screen would be second in greatness only to Gambit.

Special thanks to hooked777 and alten2345 for locating some vital threads that allowed me to finally lock this down.

P.S. I have also heard some whispers of an X-23 Easter-egg!

Comment

Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

If Mr. Sinister is in this movie, that will be so awesome. I always loved that character.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

NEW Wolverine Movie Pics

8 new pics from X-Men Origins: Wolverine have appeared online. They are from scenes you've seen before, but different.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men_...e/news/?a=6804

Comment

Working...
                                X