Clear All

Wolverine stars reveal themselves in new video interviews

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/wolveri...-reveal-th.php

Comment

Dominic Monaghan and Danny Huston at the Wolverine L.A. premiere

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/dominic...n-and-dann.php

Comment

Weekend tally for 'Wolverine': an impressive $87 million

It couldn't top its predecessors, but X-Men Origins: Wolverine still brought in quite a haul, grossing an estimated $87 million for the opening weekend of the summer movie season. The Hugh Jackman pic brought in a strong $21,225 per-theater average in 4,099 movie houses, despite generating mixed reviews. The film fell $15 million short of 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand but it is still an enormous success for Jackman and director Gavin Hood.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/...ines-week.html

Comment

Not a bad weekend money-wise at all for those folks.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

havent seen it yet but sounds entertaining and good...at least from most fans...not the critics lol but with it making that much money it looks like we will get a sequel and those much talked about gambit,deadpool and other spinoffs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
              havent seen it yet but sounds entertaining and good...at least from most fans...not the critics lol but with it making that much money it looks like we will get a sequel and those much talked about gambit,deadpool and other spinoffs!!!
              I was certainly entertained. I would welcome a sequel.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Wolverine Adds Another $73M Internationally

In addition to making $87 million domestically, X-Men Origins: Wolverine earned another $73 million overseas this weekend from 9,234 theaters in 101 markets. The film has already reached $160 million worldwide. Variety reports:

With Fox culminating a massive worldwide promo push, the U.K. led the way with $9.8 million in the best Brit launch this year, followed by $7.4 million in France, $5.7 million in Australia, $5.5 million in Spain, $4.8 million in Brazil, $4 million in Germany, $3.7 million in Russia and $3.5 million in Italy. Fox has postponed the launch of "Wolverine" in Mexico because of the flu outbreak.

Fox said the fourth "X-Men" pic generated the top launch numbers among the franchise entries in many markets. Three years ago, "X-Men: The Last Stand" opened day and date with $76.3 million on its way to cuming $225 million overseas -- the seventh highest foreign grosser that year

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8300

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                  Depends what you mean by fans?? Wolverine fanboys are going ape all over the web.

Comment

Good to hear some positive comments about the film here. I asked my frineds on facebook what they thought and most were disappointed. However they did mention that, er, moment we gals will love. I determined it was worth seeing the movie just for that. ROFL. BUT i am a BIG Sci Fi fan and I question the true Sci Fi'ness of my friends. Sorry guys.
                    WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
                    "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
                    Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

Never listen to the critics, to me anyways, they are usually always wrong on the movie reviews. Listening to your friends is a better way to go.

I thought the movie was ok, nothing special. Terminator 4 and Star Trek are my hopes for movies of the year.

Spoiler:
                      I was waiting for wolverine to push the bullets out of his head at the end, but it didn't happen... actually that really bugged me Guess those bullets are going to be stuck in his head forever.

If I had the ability to go back in time, I would probably wait to see this on my T.V.

Comment

Personally, I think this film was a nice way to kick off the summer movie season.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Hugh Jackman plans Japanese set WOLVERINE sequel

Hugh Jackman and Seed Productions partner John Palermo are ramping up several projects for the "Wolverine" star.
                          Fox and Seed are in development on a sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," which topped the domestic box office over the weekend.

The Seed partners have begun planning the sequel, which they are squarely focusing on the samurai storyline originated in the comic series, and whose Japanese locale was teased after the film's final credits. A writer has yet to be hired. Seed will produce.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...e-hathaway.php

Jackman already talked about the idea to MTV News recently…

“I’m a big fan of the Japanese saga [as seen] in the comic book … I love the idea of this anarchic character — the outsider — being in this world. I can see it aesthetically, too, full of honor and tradition and customs, and someone who’s really anti all of that, trying to negotiate his way.”

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...e-hathaway.php

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post

I thought the movie was ok, nothing special. Terminator 4 and Star Trek are my hopes for movies of the year.
                            DITTO!!! can't wait for these!
                            WraithyPuff

Comment

i saw it the other day. personally i thought it was awesome. Just an action packed no holds barred slug fest.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                i saw it the other day. personally i thought it was awesome. Just an action packed no holds barred slug fest.
                                woo hooo!! my kind of movie!!!
                                WraithyPuff

Comment

Working...
                                X