X-Men III Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buckner
    I don't understand why so many people don't like it , I thought it was great. I went in expecting a junk movie, but it was very entertaining.
    Well, as always, a lot of people go into a movie like this with preconceived notions of how it should be, what should go on, etc. That's probably a big part of things.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie
      Too many characters, I think was the official reason. Given they still had too many characters even with so many dropped, I'd say they were right.
      Good point. There were a lot of characters in X3 that seemed to be there just so they could say "I was there!" but they never really DID anything and we didn't get anything of their stories or personalities.

Comment

there are 30 ish Xmen, each one has its own fans, to impress these you have to cram as much x-men into the film, as a result it becomes jampacked with to many charactors!
        So what charactors do you give the most screen time to??
        its a hard desison, and mabey it could have been beter, but i though this movie was good personaly, i agree some charactors were underused, ArcAngel for one, but the film was really good.

I think the last 2 scenes were added because the people wanted to do a possible sequil! Sequils are ok if you pull them off, and if you actualy try you can pull them off!

I mean this film was good and it was a third one!
        Hola

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
          My question is:

Spoiler:
          With Scott Summers/Cyclops & Jean Grey/Phoenix dead, and Raven Darkholme/Mystique powerless? What could possibly happen next?

Mattathias
          You'd be surprised! The comic book always seems to come up with something....
          Last edited by warmbeachbrat; 30 May 2006, 07:57 AM.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
            Because they dude that was going to play him either had a schedule conflict or decided not to do it, so they decided to drop him.

Mattathias
            According to IMDB, the role of Gambit was intended to be a cameo, and was offered to Josh Holloway. He turned it down, purportedly because the character was too similar to his Lost character, Sawyer.

Opinions on that from those of you familiar with the comics? Would Holloway make a good Gambit?

a time to mourn

Comment

He would be the perfect actor to play Gambit, infact I think he made for the role.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                What could happen next? One word/name - Apocalypse. The first mutant.
                That's a controversial subject, as Selene was around well before Apocalypse.

Mattathias

Comment

Apocolypse doesn't have be the next villain considering how everyone in the comic book comes back from the dead. It's only a matter of time until we see Vampire Uncle Ben.

Comment

i was kind of dispointed with the moive i still like it though. i don't know any thing about the comics. all i know is stuff learned from the old cartoon they use to show on fox. to me it seemed like jean dident have to be in this moive and i dident like that whole thing with rouge,kat and iceman. it seem just like a waste of time to me. i did like that voice over from the guy from mail call when the army was geting there weapons. also for some reason i thought it was really funny when they showed magnito on tv and he was on fox news.

if they make a other moive im kind of hopeing it well be about Apocalypse and gambit is in it that guy from lost would be great for the part.

Comment

I detest Josh Holloway and I would not want to see him play Gambit. I wouldn't be able to enjoy the character if he did.

I also don't get why they have to get big name actors for the bigger characters. There are enough big names already at this point that you can toss a few unknowns into meatier roles and no one will care. Or they may care in a way that'll bring good attention to the unknown and make him more of a known. I can think of a few Canuck/Vancouver locals who'd be able to handle a good, meaty role like that.

Comment

Well I gotta say I thought the movie was a travesty overall at 97 minutes the film seemed tobe disjointed and struggling to create a cohesive story. I felt that the whole Phoenix plot really just brought down the movie due to the fact that well during the whole last figh scene she didn't do all that much until the very end.

In my opinion what they should have done was drop the entire phoenix storyline. Have Cyclops take off on some soul searching quest or something after the loss of Jean. That would have given them like 30-40 more minutes of time to devote to the cure and the characters. I mean hell Colosus said like 5 lines to many people had bit parts. X2 was by far the best and I gotta say I didn't really like X-men but X2 had me going there really making something of this. Then there's X3 which is all flash no characters nothing.
                        Its not a terrible movie but not a good one either.

Also for those of you expecting X4 you gotta remember that Marvel has their own studios now they are trying to bring most of their properties in house and under there own control to fox needs to go through them for X4. I think Marvel is more likely to let the spin off movies come out then sit on the X-men for a few years and do it themselves.

All in all I'm just glad that AICN leaked the first draft of the script because of all the flames it got alot of the crap that was in it was killed like the Wolverine and Storm relationship. Although most of the script remained in tact though. Sigh the film could have been so much better.

Comment

Wasn't Omega Red supposed to be in this frelling movie?

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            Wasn't Omega Red supposed to be in this frelling movie?
                            I've heard that he was, and I think he's listed in the credits, but I have no idea which mutant he was.
                            Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Man the reason why we don't get good movies anymore is when most people think movies like this are incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                                I've heard that he was, and I think he's listed in the credits, but I have no idea which mutant he was.
                                Same here. You would think I'd have noticed someone like Omega Red.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X