X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
    well you're all wrong. but whatever.
    stop watching. that'll keep you from being disappointed and complaining.
    LOL!! So I'm wrong and You're right, so I should stop watching and go away?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way, honey.

I have every right to watch the show, as I was very interested in it in the first season. As a viewer who enjoyed the first season, I also have every right to be disapointed and annoyed at how the show has unfolded.

I also have the right to keep watching it, hoping that it will improve. I also have the right to complain about the things that I'm not happy with about how the show has unfolded. We are all entitled to our opinions. If you're so easily upset by other people's opinions, maybe you shouldn't participate on a message board.

i get the feeling that if you guys ever wrote a series, it'd be done in 4 episodes. so quit balking at things you couldn't do better yourself.

After watching TV for 30 years or so, I think I am qualified to judge what I do and don't enjoy about a TV series.

I don't have to be a musician to like or dislike certain songs, and I don't have to be an all-star altheat to decide for myself if a certain player is not playing well. Likewise I don't have to be a Television writer to decide if a TV show is not living up to my personal expectations. It's all about personal taste.

Unlike you, I never tried to tell someone else they are wrong because their opinion is different than mine. You are entitled to like the way lost has been going, just as I am entitled to think it's falling a little short lately.

This is a public message board for a tv series, a place for people to talk about what they think about the series, good and bad.

That whole "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude just comes across as very childish and silly.
    Last edited by upinout; 29 March 2007, 01:06 PM. Reason: To clarify my point in the post since it seems to be misunderstood.

Comment

Time for a 'respecting others' refresher course

Just because you don't agree with them, does NOT give you the right to tell them to shut up and go away. Their opinions are just as valid as yours.

If people bug you that much, try putting the ignore feature to use.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just think lost is going no where and it's really boring

I Love The Ocean

Comment

i think it's time to call the

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            Time for a 'respecting others' refresher course

Just because you don't agree with them, does NOT give you the right to tell them to shut up and go away.
            Yeah It does

Comment

if they've got nothing positive to anything useful to add to a discussion besides "lost is boring and it sucks" then they should stop posting about it and watching it.

i mean its like saying "it hurts when i stab myself in the thigh with this fork, but i'm going to keep doing it anyway."
              Last edited by Morbo; 29 March 2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

if they've got nothing positive to anything useful to add to a discussion besides "lost is boring and it sucks" then they should stop posting about it and watching it.

i mean its like saying "it hurts when i stab myself in the thigh with this fork, but i'm going to keep doing it anyway."

You do realize that the title of this thread is "are you sick of lost?" I think people have the right to come here and say "yes, I am".

If you don't want to read people's negative opinions, then you might want to reconsider opening this thread next time.

This is a public forum and people have the right to voice their opinions. It's rather rude of you to tell people what they should and should not feel or think or say.

Comment

Ah, sweet irony. You gotta love people who tell naysayers to "If you don't like it, stop watching and shut up" when they're doing the exact same thing- going onto a thread they don't like and complaining about it. LOL! So there's your advice right back atcha: If you don't like a thread, STOP READING IT!!

ANYWAY, I skimmed through the latest ep discussion thread. Just when I thought the show couldn't get any more bizarre...

I don't mind a certain degree of complexity (in fact I really appreciate it sometimes) and even weirdness can be a good thing, but both have to be handled well. Some people might not mind a show that goes in a million different directions and never leads anywhere, but if I'm gonna sit through some Rube Goldberg-esque series, I'd at least like to know there's a point to all of it, other than to make the cast and crew heaps of money.

Comment

Ah, sweet irony. You gotta love people who tell naysayers to "If you don't like it, stop watching and shut up" when they're doing the exact same thing- going onto a thread they don't like and complaining about it. LOL! So there's your advice right back atcha: If you don't like a thread, STOP READING IT!!
                    nope, 'cause the "if you don't like don't watch" philosophy only applies to TV shows, not topics

anyway
                    there's shows people love
                    then there's shows people hate
                    then there's shows people love to hate
                    guess this thread deals with the latter, in which case posting here would be justified eh

personally Lost still r0X0rs just like back when it began
                    eko's death is the only one that really pisses me though. he was my 2nd favorite char, after Locke

Comment

Ah! All becomes clear! The reason Morbo comes to this thread is that Morbo needs something to distract himself from the pain in his leg!

Right Morbo?

Madeleine

Comment

what you on about man flashbacks are Lost if you hate the flashbacks then how could you have ever liked it

Comment

I never liked the flashbacks at first, but never minded them either. They were just there, and they told us a bit about each character.

They started to grate when certain characters :: cough JACK cough :: had what seemed like dozens of eps of flashbacks which basically told us the same stuff... conflict with dad... had to save people... married someone he shouldn't have... conflict with dad... married person he had had to save... conflict with dad over person he shouldn't have married...

:: falls off chair and wakes with a jolt ::

I'd rather know about the polar bear and the weird magnetism and what the others are about and stuff. One or perhaps two flashback eps per character might have been better, and let us get on with the story.

Do we need to be told more than once that Charlie was a decent bloke who fell into junkiedom courtesy of a selfish brother and wanted to get clean but never quite made it? We got the message the first time.

And what the heck was all that about Nicky and Paolo getting a flashback? I care about their pre-island shenanigans WHY?

JMO.

Madeleine

Comment

nikki and paulo sucked even b4 we new they were bad people and deserved to die hopefully charlie will join then by the end of this season

Comment

the writers had different plans for nikki and paulo but they didn't pan out the way they wanted it too - and i guess because viewers weren't taking to the characters.

but it was fun to see how they intertwined with all our known survivors, and everyone has a story that needs to be told.

listen to the podcasts.
                              subscribe on itunes.

Comment

i hope everyone is watching tonight's episode.

and really all i have to say is i told you so.

Comment

Working...
                                X