Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like a lot of you I lost interest during the second season. The first season was fantastic, but now the show is more like a soap opera. Like Shadow said, I got pissed when they started shpwing the same event from a ton of different perspectives, the story would move forward at all for episodes at a time. They spent so much time building up the tail section characters, just to kill them off. Now that was a waste of time.

I am giving it one more chance next week, with the advertised answers. They better give at least one big answer already. I'm not talking about the little stuff like why Locke got in the wheelchair. I want to know some answers already, I feel like they haven't answered anything since the S2 premiere episode.

Comment

Imo 1st season was ok, 2nd better, and 3rd even better. I like how they have introduced the 'Others', and have enjoyed all s.3 so far except ep 8, which was pretty slow, and didnt do much.

I like the flashbacks. Shows how well written the characters and past is imo. It does make the show progress slowly though...
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

the show hasn't lost any interest, its gained it.

people who thing its too convoluted or angering just simply don't have the mental capacity to keep up with it.

Comment

lol ^I watched first 6 episodes and got bored and switched over

which is weird coz when I watched the first 6 episodes of Galactica I really wanted more lol
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Oh, I could probably keep up with it if I really wanted to, but I'm not particularly keen on a piece of fiction requiring more concentration and attention to detail than my actual life. I'm watching a show to be entertained, not to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
              the show hasn't lost any interest, its gained it.

people who thing its too convoluted or angering just simply don't have the mental capacity to keep up with it.

No I just don't care for the Soap Operaish love plots this show has now. That is the main force of the show now, not the actual storyline.

Also, if that is true than why are the ratings going down for the show?

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse View Post
                Also, if that is true than why are the ratings going down for the show?
                The ratings have probably gone down because it is no longer the cool new show since its in its third season...
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                  The ratings have probably gone down because it is no longer the cool new show since its in its third season...
                  True, but I think a bigger factor is that the storyline is just being dragged out too long. At least for me it seems the writers are just making this up as they go along. Add in the fact the storyline just jumps back and forth so much during one episode that we hardly really ever get into the current story. Take today's episode. What exactly did we learn that really mattered much? Who cares what a certain person was doing on vacation in Thailand, this really did not do much for me at least.

Personally I am at the point where I want to just drop the show all together, and wait for it to end, then just catch up on DVD to just finish it once and for all

Comment

I've not fully given up yet, but the "mini season" start of Season three was pretty much garbage. A whole new set of questions and no answers. So many points have been made repeatedly that it's just boring now. How many times does it need to be said that Locke is lonely? How many times does it need to be said that Kate can't ever settle down?

Season One/early season two answered pretty much all of the background questions of majorinterest (except EXACTLY what happened to Locke to cause him to lose the use of his legs, once that's cleared up his backstory is done). Jack's flashbacks are drawn out, slow, and just a complete waste of time. We're only learning mundane details that have no meaning or relation to the plot at all.

Charlie was wasted in S2, what happened to Eko was dumb, and its a fact that the writers themselves (they've said only reccently that they're STARTING to think about where Lost might end up) have no clue what direction this is all heading in.

Lost used to be great, but it's really losing the plot, and desending into a mess of constant questions without any hope of any resolution in the near future, pointless characters and even more absurd nonsense. The writer's are being really really arrogant if they think people will keep watching as they continue to flounder around trying to make sense of their own story (and people aren't still watching, it's ratings are collapsing at an insane rate).

All it would take is One real piece of solid development to get things on track again. A quick, simple revelation would at least be some reward for those who have stuck with the show despite the weavering quality.
                    I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

I feel that will be the problem in the long run, if the writers have no direction they will basically start creating new ideas to add in the hope it brings them direction. Instead more of these ideas, more questions, more mysteries will only hurt the series.

All i kno wis that Lost ratings in England have fallen by a large amount but that maybe due to the fact it was on Channel 4 and now Sky Oone which has a smaller viewing due to not everyone having sky.

Still i feel Lost will get a few more seaons and then everyone will be confused and most likely canceled.
                      sigpic

Comment

Season one was really good, but then I saw them all pretty much at the same time (one per night) so it made it easier. They dont tell the stories very well.
                        Then season 2 sucked, I dont know if it was because I had to wait a week but all of a sudden I just didnt care. I think it was because of the other survivers (thou I love Michelle Rodrigues) I just didnt care about them. The eps sucked big time. To me there was like 2 maybe 3 good eps.
                        That is what happens when everyone screams : "Best series ever!" - and it only has one season
                        I will see season 3 (at least the 1st few eps) so I can see Rodrigo Santoro but I doubt I'll stick to it, after all I dont watch his soaps.

Comment

the ratings system is flawed anyway.
                          Lost continually is winning the 18-49 demographic each week.
                          it may be losing viewers overall because it had to move to 10pm so it didn't have to combat American Idol - which in itself tells you of the mental capacity of the average TV viewer. and unfortunately the 10-11 timeslot is late for a lot of people.

*mod snip*every season of every show (serialized or not) has to have filler episodes. stargate has slow boring eps, galactica does too - it has had a number of them in just this current season.
                          they help to give more background information, and though they may not advance the plot by leaps and bounds, the story is always moving forward.
                          Last edited by kiwigater; 28 February 2007, 11:12 AM. Reason: name calling

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                            the ratings system is flawed anyway.
                            Lost continually is winning the 18-49 demographic each week.
                            it may be losing viewers overall because it had to move to 10pm so it didn't have to combat American Idol - which in itself tells you of the mental capacity of the average TV viewer. and unfortunately the 10-11 timeslot is late for a lot of people.

but if you've stopped watching because you think the story is dumb, then you're just being lazy and stupid. every season of every show (serialized or not) has to have filler episodes. stargate has slow boring eps, galactica does too - it has had a number of them in just this current season.
                            they help to give more background information, and though they may not advance the plot by leaps and bounds, the story is always moving forward.
                            I agree with you there Morbo. Every tv show needs its filler eps. Even though Lost has made some bad decisions (poor, poor Eko) and that mini season which was quite poor except for the episodes that didnt really feature the hydra island. It does seem that the LOST creators are learning from mistakes though and have decided to fix a finish . ALso the storyline is sped up I mean compared to season one it took 9 episodes to meet Rousseau now in season 3 it took just 4 episodes to establish that Jack, Kate and Sawyer were on another Island. The storyline is building momentum and from previews etc this season does look to be a much pacier season than season 2 . Im definatly not giving up on LOST yet.
                            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I am not too sure with lost i am still warching it but i think its so slow they should have just made lost in a 3 season show by making 1,2 and 3 a lot faster you could miss a whole season and still get back into it because it is so SLOW thats the problem with ITS SLOW and too many flash backs BUT manley TOO SLOW
                              sigpic
                              Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                              Metal gear fan

Comment

so, the general consensus of the population is that they'd rather have a poorly written and constructed story and plot as long as its got whiz bang action?

no wonder all the crappy movies that are made do so well. people don't care about quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X