Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started watching LOST at the begining of season 2 but now i've lost most intrest i've had in it. It's funny how the viewers are more "LOST" then the characters on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
      lol gralha.

Ok every show starts with 5 years. Of course it can always be cancelled (sp).
      That is not always true as The Stargate series both had 7 same with McGyver
      Scifi Channel President Should Jump off a cliff

Comment

Originally posted by stargaters View Post
        You mean all three Star Trek TNG era Series
        Last edited by Col. Newman; 03 March 2007, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted_Beckett View Post
          It's funny how the viewers are more "LOST" then the characters on the show.
          viewers aren't lost, they just haven't been given all the information yet.

if people aren't willing to stick around and watch the story and get all the information, then they have absolutely no business complaining about it.

Comment

Good thing people like you aren't in charge of deciding who is and isn't allowed to complain, then.

I was perfectly willing to go along with the teasing and mystery of season one because I felt that it was all leading in a definite direction. By the midpoint of season two, however, I couldn't shake the feeling that TPTB were stalling and making stuff up as they went along while they tried to figure out what to do next. It didn't feel definite, it didn't feel coherent and it seemed to be dragging itself more and more off tangent. I didn't think there was a real point to anything that was happening any more so I stopped watching. Judging from the commercials I've seen, I made the right choice; the ads make the show look utterly ridiculous whereas before they only whetted my appetite.

I liked learning about the characters and I liked trying to unravel the mysteries, but I do have limits and I'm not going to watch something if I don't think the producers know what they're doing.

Comment

for the billionth time, they do know what they are doing. they knew/know what the endgame was for Lost since they started writing it.
              damon and carlton have said this repeatedly in interviews. every thread of a story they introduce has a purpose and an end.

the way most of you see it, your version of Lost would be 1 season and over because you're crying for answers.

judging a show by it ads too? come on. book by it's cover anyone? the ads are not eve directly related to the people responsible for making Lost. the ABC promotional department is responsible for previews and ads. damon and carlton have also said they really don't know why the previews say the things they do. basically its all marketing.

anything else?

its been 18 years and the simpsons haven't aged nor have we found out where they lived. did you stop watching them because of that too?

Comment

So I take it you go and see every movie that comes out because, hey, you can't judge a movie by its previews, right? What a hypocritical load of guano you peddle, Morbo.

As I recall, Season 1 didn't give us a hell of a lot of answers, just pieces of the mystery and an introduction to the characters. If those mysteries had been deepened in S2 instead of veering off into what were, IMO, illogical side tracks... Oh, but what's the point? You're so arrogantly certain that your viewpoint is the only possible interpretation and that all others are stupid and lazy, why keep wasting my time? You think whatever you want; the rest of us know better.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  So I take it you go and see every movie that comes out because, hey, you can't judge a movie by its previews, right? What a hypocritical load of guano you peddle, Morbo.
                  hah. because it's totally the same.
                  Wait, no, not really. The previews for a tv show explore the next episode of a series you're already interested in - and are watching.
                  If a movie is about something I'm not interested in a preview for it doesn't change whether or not I want to see it.

Try again.

As I recall, Season 1 didn't give us a hell of a lot of answers, just pieces of the mystery and an introduction to the characters. If those mysteries had been deepened in S2 instead of veering off into what were, IMO, illogical side tracks...
                  yeah, we didn't dig deeper into the mystery of the Dharma Initiative, or the people on the island AT ALL. that whole thing about the hatch. yeah, useless.

:rollseyes

You're so arrogantly certain that your viewpoint is the only possible interpretation and that all others are stupid and lazy
                  eureka! she gets it!
                  Look, I know you suffer from a bloated e-ego because you have a high post count, keep your reputation turned off, and are member #15, but you're not all that and a bag of potato chips. concede that sometimes you might not be grade-a about everything. much like i am not.

the rest of us know better.
                  i can't possibly put enough laughing emoticons for this one.

Comment

look i'm sick of this dance.
                    if some of you would just admit you've "lost interest" in a perfectly intriguing and exciting show for simply lame reasons, we could move on.

Comment

Originally posted by stargaters View Post
                      No. Stargate had 5. The chanel that show it (showtime?) decided to not renew so it was cancelled then bought by sci-fi and they haded (sp) years has they went. If I'm not mistaken I think from season 9 they contracted (not sure that is the right way to put it) another 2 years (10 and 11) that is why it was cancelled after season 10.
                      McGyver I'm not sure but it most likely had 5 and they decided to continue the show. It was a feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew years back so lol

Hmm now I'm not sure if it was 4 years on the other chanel or 5 lol

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                        No. Stargate had 5. The chanel that show it (showtime?) decided to not renew so it was cancelled then bought by sci-fi and they haded (sp) years has they went. If I'm not mistaken I think from season 9 they contracted (not sure that is the right way to put it) another 2 years (10 and 11) that is why it was cancelled after season 10.
                        McGyver I'm not sure but it most likely had 5 and they decided to continue the show. It was a feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew years back so lol

Hmm now I'm not sure if it was 4 years on the other chanel or 5 lol
                        it was 4 and u said both stargate shows

Comment

Love LOST. 'Nuff said.
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

If people don't have the staying power to see Lost through to the end, they should just quit whining and go watch something else. Lost has kept a very consistent pace all the way through from the first episode to the latest. Also, unlike a lot of other shows that try and do the mystery thing, Lost actually reveals information rather quickly, instead of just piling it up (if anyone's been watching Jericho for example, didn't learn much of anything until the second half of the current season!!) Lost has constant revelations about both the characters and the overall story arc. Sure, a lot of the big questions hanv't been answered, but if we knew exactly why the islands existed, why the flight crashed, and what the frack the numbers were all about, the show would already be over!

No matter what anyone says, Lost is still THE show. It continues to be a global success. Only a major frack up would cause this show to end before it's planned finale.

And they better not kill Charlie!!

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                              If people don't have the staying power to see Lost through to the end, they should just quit whining and go watch something else. Lost has kept a very consistent pace all the way through from the first episode to the latest. Also, unlike a lot of other shows that try and do the mystery thing, Lost actually reveals information rather quickly, instead of just piling it up (if anyone's been watching Jericho for example, didn't learn much of anything until the second half of the current season!!) Lost has constant revelations about both the characters and the overall story arc. Sure, a lot of the big questions hanv't been answered, but if we knew exactly why the islands existed, why the flight crashed, and what the frack the numbers were all about, the show would already be over!

No matter what anyone says, Lost is still THE show. It continues to be a global success. Only a major frack up would cause this show to end before it's planned finale.

And they better not kill Charlie!!
                              thank you.
                              i'm glad someone else gets it.

(though we do know why the plane crashed - desmond was late pushing the button. but as to why the special people survived has yet to be determined)

Comment

True about the button, but I remain convinced there is more to it than simply chance that he didn't push the button at the exact moment the plane was overhead. I'm thinking more in terms of the on-going "fate" theme.

Comment

Working...
                                X