This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cheese
    its a fact that the writers themselves (they've said only reccently that they're STARTING to think about where Lost might end up) have no clue what direction this is all heading in.
    I think you're talking about how they've started to talk with ABC about setting a date/season for when the show will end, so that they know how fast/slow they need to get through it.

You'd have to be pretty dumb to try and make this up as you go along in the hope that you can tie it all up, but J.J. and Co. seem pretty intelligent, so I'm trusting them for the moment.

And come on, people! It's not just about the answers to what's going on! They have a story to tell about these characters, not just a bunch of meaningless riddles and answers.

Comment

My main problem with the show is I can't stand Kate or Sawyer and I'm not overly keen on Locke or Jack. When the majority of the show seems to be about them now (and they get rid of the truly interesting characters like Mr Eko) its interest wanes for me.

The other thing I think the show gets wrong is its appalling pacing. Season One almost got it right apart from a slow couple of eps in the middle. Season Two was much worse - too little story stretched out over too many episodes. They need to keep the interest in the main storyline up as well as playing with their characters and I don't think they managed this in the second season.

I haven't seen any of the third yet and I'm honestly not that bothered about it.
      sigpic
      by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
        so, the general consensus of the population is that they'd rather have a poorly written and constructed story and plot as long as its got whiz bang action?

no wonder all the crappy movies that are made do so well. people don't care about quality.
        So because I don't like Lost anymore I'm stupid and lazy? Talk about arrogance.

The problem with Lost is that they never answer anything. I don't expect tons and tons of answers, but I expect one every 12 episodes or so. If you want to see a well constructed story line watch season 4 of Angel, or better yet, Babylon 5.

Character plots are great, but when they don't tie into the main plot at all, and get trivial, it gets boring. It is good to get answers to what happened to the characters, but how about getting an answer in the main storyline once or twice a season.

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
          I'm not overly keen on Locke or Jack.
          how can you not like Locke? he's the most interesting character of all of them.

<snip>
          Last edited by Skydiver; 27 February 2007, 09:41 AM.

Comment

For me the show has way too much filler at the moment, and I' m getting more and more bored with the characters. While the over all story is still interesting to me, besides Ben and Desmond there's really none that I feel I want to know more about. I'm not overly fussed about how Locke got into his chair before the island, they've dragged that out for so long it seems pointless now. The quality of the writing has been good since Day One, and the story set in the present is interesting to me, but with the bog standard 2 dimensional characters they have on the show, the flashbacks are holding the whole thing back.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

The last 3 episodes didn't make a good impression on me. I don't really care for Juliet, Desmond and especially not Jack. My faves are Kate and Sawyer. I hate the fact that they're still trying to drag the triangle on, still hinting that Kate has feelings for Jack when they specifically said that the triangle would be over with Kate's episode. Boring. They really should answer some questions and not drag everything on forever. It gets annoying, boring and makes you indifferent.

To answer the question in the title: yes, I'm slowly getting sick of the show but I'm still giving it a chance each week. We'll see how long I'll still be interested.
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                <snip>

Spoiler:

Comment

I still watch it, My dad told me the ratings are slipping, I used to hate the flashbacks but I got used to them. The show was only intended to last 5 seasons anyway. But we are getting answers to questions this season a little at a time. Though the problem of more questions still persists.

Comment

the ratings are not slipping.

Comment

the ratings are not slipping.
                      Yes they are, in Fall 2005 Lost was the #3 show on TV. In Fall 2006 it slipped down farther and farther down the list. Now it isn't even int he top 20 shows usually.

Comment

edit: nevermind. its not worth the hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman View Post
                          I still watch it, My dad told me the ratings are slipping, I used to hate the flashbacks but I got used to them. The show was only intended to last 5 seasons anyway. But we are getting answers to questions this season a little at a time. Though the problem of more questions still persists.
                          5 seasons is the standart contract.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                            5 seasons is the standart contract.
                            5 seasons may be standart, but i'm not sure what standard might be.

Comment

5 seasons may be standart, but I'm not sure what the standard might be.
                              Your comment is funny, but your typing is ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman View Post
                                Your comment is funny, but your typing is ironic.
                                lol gralha.

Ok every show starts with 5 years. Of course it can always be cancelled (sp).

Comment

Working...
                                X