Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, lots of Fascists in this thread. If a show I used to love isn't good anymore IMO, then I have every right to complain. If you feel the show is good, I'm fine with that becuase I actually respect different opinons and points of views. Just don't go attacking people just because we have a different opinion then you. Grow up.

Comment

i don't wanna grow up i'm a toys'r'us kid.

Comment

I was getting bored with Lost for a while, too much focus on the Others & Jack (who is my least fave character) and not enough focus on all the cool characters back on the beach. But, the last two eps won me back & I can't wait for more like them

Comment

Originally posted by Mobro
          people who thing its too convoluted or angering just simply don't have the mental capacity to keep up with it
          If Lost is so complex, why is it that shows with competing suspense/thrill/mystery factor are still going strong with a large, reliable fanbase? I like Lost well enough, I think it USED to be an original show, but it's begun to drag. Anyone can see that. It doesn't matter how complex your plot is, you need to give your veiwers the feeling that they have at least some insight or knowledge beyond what the characters have. Right now, nobody has that, we're as in the dark as the characters!

Arguing "lack of mental capacity" isn't very nice when there are plenty of shows on TV that require "mental capacity" to follow the plot. Sure, you have to think when you watch Lost, but what can you think besides: "WTF?" "What does that mean?" And theorize, theorize, theorize.... All we have so far are questions, and more questions to match those questions. Questions are very facinating and all, but eventually, a bone needs to be thrown.

Originally posted by Mobro
          he show hasn't lost any interest, its gained it.
          I believe Tricia Tanaka Is Dead was the lowest episode of the entire....show? Was it?

Originally posted by lunarleviathan
          And they better not kill Charlie!!
          Amen to that.
          Last edited by Osiris-RA; 07 March 2007, 04:14 PM.
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman View Post
            it was 4 and u said both stargate shows
            Both Stargate shows?

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
              Both Stargate shows?
              sorry my bad it was stargaters who said that.

Originally posted by stargaters View Post
              That is not always true as The Stargate series both had 7 same with McGyver

Comment

I have to admit that I have been getting tired of lost since the middle of the second season. And not just because they did that LOOOOOOOG break in the middle (although that didn't help any) But because, as others have stated, the show keeps creating more and more questions, with very little answers forth-coming.

I don't mind suspense and waiting to get answers. But GOOD writers know how to create new suspense and new questions while answering older questions in order to keep the audience fulfilled AND in suspense at the same time.

Lost just drags on and on and on with the same old song and dance, and it gets boring. Who are the others? What is their purpose? What are the numbers all about? What's the black smoke? Why are people miraculously healed by the island? Yadda yadda yaddda.

I keep watching because I keep hoping that the show is truly going somewhere, and that the pay-off for struggling through this stretched out farce is worth it in the end. But in the mean time, I am annoyed that they are dragging it out the way they are, and would be happy with just one answer to at least one of the questions that have been established at this point.
                Last edited by upinout; 28 March 2007, 10:28 PM. Reason: I have a real problem with forgetting the "y" at the end of the word "they". Edited to fix.. AGAIN

Comment

I'm getting rather fedup with it all now. They seem to be dragging the plots on and on to make the story last longer. I would like some answers for a change now like what the outpost was at the end of season 2

Comment

Originally posted by upinout View Post
                    I don't mind suspense and waiting to get answers. But GOOD writers know how to create new suspense and new questions while answering older questions in order to keep the audience fulfilled AND in suspense at the same time.
                    I think thats exactly what they are doing. The Lost writer found the perfect balance between creating new mysteries and getting answers. Thats my opinion at least. For my tase there are even a little too much answers in season 3 I hope it wont destroy the mysterious feeling of the show.

I bet season 4 brings even more answers. Because Lindelof said that by the end of season 4 they will be allmost at the end of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
                      I'm getting rather fedup with it all now. They seem to be dragging the plots on and on to make the story last longer. I would like some answers for a change now like what the outpost was at the end of season 2
                      You mean were they kept michael. I think that is answered.

Comment

Originally posted by fammann View Post
                        You mean were they kept michael. I think that is answered.
                        Nope the outpost we seen at the very end of season two where they make a phone call from what looks like an outpost in the north pole. You see even you forgot about it

Comment

well you're all wrong. but whatever.
                          stop watching. that'll keep you from being disappointed and complaining.

Comment

I've been loving every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
                              Nope the outpost we seen at the very end of season two where they make a phone call from what looks like an outpost in the north pole. You see even you forgot about it
                              I forgot about that aswell.

Christ.
                              STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                              legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                I've been loving every minute of it.
                                as have i. no reason not to love it. its so exciting and intriguing.

and don't worry folks. they'll get back to Penny searching for Desmond.

i get the feeling that if you guys ever wrote a series, it'd be done in 4 episodes. so quit balking at things you couldn't do better yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X