This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
    What's wrong with a love triangle? I challenge you to find a show without at least one.
    Exactly. THAT's what's wrong with a love triangle. They're unoriginal, and so ubiquitous that it's not even possible to put a new spin on it.

Also, I want to point out to whomeever posted it, that it's pretty obvious that Jack's tatoo episode was pretty important. Sure nothing has come of it yet, but
    But it was boring. It's not enough for me for things to be important later; I need things to be un-boring now

Madeleine

Comment

The reason love triangles exsist, is because simple A->B relationships are boring, especially within a large cast of characters. The bigger a web of character relationships you have, the better a story will be. A love triangle isnt just a seperate thing floating in a void, it's part of an interconnected web of various types of relationships. Love, along with Hate, are the strongest relationships that exist, they're vital to good story telling.

The proof is in the pudding though. I'm sure the importance of such relationships will be clearer when certain "events" occur, which they most certainly will before long.

Comment

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post
        I haven't watched it for years, it got too repetitive, the love triangle got predictable, most it it makes no sense (polar bears on a tropical island? the others?) and the continuous backstory flashbacks were really annoying.

I few weeks ago I wondered if I made the wrong decision to tune out, so I flicked over to it for a few mins only to see some blackdude get eaten by a cloud of smoke

I'm really glad I stopped watching that absurd series
        ok slick. whatever you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
          But it was boring. It's not enough for me for things to be important later; I need things to be un-boring now
          Spot on. Just saying, "oh, this'll be REALLY important six years from now, believe me" simply isn't good enough, if it can't hold the audience's attention, the quality of the idea is pointless, as the execution was poor. "Heroes", which has a very similar format, gets this, but after 3 years, Lost still hasn't grasped it, and that is why the ratings have dropped so steeply IMO.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I stopped watching after season 2. They just "lost" me, it became so complicated. Others?...other Others?....*sighs*

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
              Spot on. Just saying, "oh, this'll be REALLY important six years from now, believe me" simply isn't good enough, if it can't hold the audience's attention, the quality of the idea is pointless, as the execution was poor. "Heroes", which has a very similar format, gets this, but after 3 years, Lost still hasn't grasped it, and that is why the ratings have dropped so steeply IMO.
              the ratings dropped - though not as much as everyone thinks - and its still #1 in its target demographic - because it moved to 10pm. Thats too late. ABC didn't want to combat American Idol - Which is an abomination of mankind and frankly if you watch it you should just stand in traffic, but I digress...

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
              I stopped watching after season 2. They just "lost" me, it became so complicated. Others?...other Others?....*sighs*
              honestly, i think the show is sometimes too smart and intelligent for the average american.
              the average american loves american idol and CSI.
              Lost is so superior to those intellectually that people just couldn't handle it and instead wrote the show off as bad or confusing.
              it's actually quite easy to keep things straight though.
              I'm not confused. Why are you?

Comment

Okay, the season 3 finale just aired and I'm right there with you guys. Check out my post on the episode thread and you'll see just how much I've become sick of Lost.
                Spoiler:
                Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

It's still got enough to keep me watching, but I find it to be best if I have a crossword or a sudoku on my lap. Case in point - the finale. The stuff on the island was okay, and although it didn't go anywhere (in terms of resolving annoying mystery stuff) it was at least lively. The flashbacks on the other hand...

14 down, six letters, synonym for drilling: b_r_n_

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                    It's still got enough to keep me watching, but I find it to be best if I have a crossword or a sudoku on my lap. Case in point - the finale. The stuff on the island was okay, and although it didn't go anywhere (in terms of resolving annoying mystery stuff) it was at least lively. The flashbacks on the other hand...

14 down, six letters, synonym for drilling: b_r_n_
                    were we watching the same finale? Because the on-island scenes were intense.
                    between charlie and desmond being down on the looking glass, and jack beating the junk out of Ben, and the attack at the beach. I mean.
                    action. suspense. and over :jawdrop

and 14 down is Boring.
                    what do i win.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                      were we watching the same finale? Because the on-island scenes were intense.
                      "Intense" oh dear, I got it so wrong, didn't I. Fancy me thinking they were lively when in fact they were intense.

Madeleine

Comment

i guess all i saw was where you said it was "okay."

my b.

Comment

Sick of Lost ? the short answer is : no way !

It's better than it's ever been and it's only just getting started !

Comment

Working...
                          X