Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    What was it?
    I haven't actually seen the movie, but some character tells Nathan's character to

Spoiler:
    stop pulling this Captain Tightpants hero act.

or something along those lines.

Comment

"sounds like some superhero Captain Tightpants bull**** to me"

I actually only went to see the movie because Nathan was in it too.... was pleasantly surprised to see none other than Teryl Rothery in there too.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
        "sounds like some superhero Captain Tightpants bull**** to me"

I actually only went to see the movie because Nathan was in it too.... was pleasantly surprised to see none other than Teryl Rothery in there too.
        Was it actually any good- well, "good" might be the wrong word- was it entertaining? I know Katee Sackhoff is in it as well.

Comment

You're a browncoat when you find this highly amusing:

Comment

Originally posted by cowpants View Post

Browncoat here!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              Was it actually any good- well, "good" might be the wrong word- was it entertaining? I know Katee Sackhoff is in it as well.
              It was okay, but not the sort of film I'd watch more than once or twice to be honest.
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                It was okay, but not the sort of film I'd watch more than once or twice to be honest.
                What would you give it out of 10?
                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by cowpants View Post

that is SOOOOO great!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

The Mal clip is great (It's originally from the gag reel, right?), but for some sick and twisted reason, I pictured Basshunter's "Botten Anna" playing in the background when I saw the clip. If you don't know the tune, you can find it on youtube or google video, but be warned, it'll be stuck in your head for a LONG time. (It's originally from the gag reel, right?)

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
                      The Mal clip is great (It's originally from the gag reel, right?), but for some sick and twisted reason, I pictured Basshunter's "Botten Anna" playing in the background when I saw the clip. If you don't know the tune, you can find it on youtube or google video, but be warned, it'll be stuck in your head for a LONG time. (It's originally from the gag reel, right?)
                      I'm pretty sure that clip is from the gag reel- but it's even funnier watching it loop.

Comment

I have absolutely no idea where it's from. A friend of mine showed the clip to me, and sent me the image location. I immediately thought of you guys.

It looks like something that would be out of a gag reel. Can't think of somewhere else you could find it.

Comment

You know you're a browncoat when...

You go into your local Michael's (arts & crafts chain store in the US and Canada) and you're perusing the cross stitch pattern books, and you come across a book called "2 by 2 for Baby" ... and your first thought isn't, "Wouldn't that be an adorable hand-made gift for my friend's new baby?" - it's "Two By Two, Hands of Blue".

And you don't buy the pattern book.
                          I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by CatGoddess View Post
                            You know you're a browncoat when...

You go into your local Michael's (arts & crafts chain store in the US and Canada) and you're perusing the cross stitch pattern books, and you come across a book called "2 by 2 for Baby" ... and your first thought isn't, "Wouldn't that be an adorable hand-made gift for my friend's new baby?" - it's "Two By Two, Hands of Blue".

And you don't buy the pattern book.
                            You go into Michael's and start trying to figure out which shades of orange wool would make the most accurate Jayne Hat.

Comment

You have a panic attack when you meet someone who has never heard of Firefly or Serenity.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                You go into Michael's and start trying to figure out which shades of orange wool would make the most accurate Jayne Hat.
                                One of the students where I teach walked in with a brown version of the Jayne Hat and I just said "Shiny hat" to him. His facial expression showed him NOT to be a browncoat. I told him to rent the firefly dvds, he'll understand.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X