You know you're a browncoat when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
    ...when you spend your winter holiday break watching the entire series, then go out and buy the soundtrack, serenity, and the complete guide volume I in one fell swoop and stay up late to watch serenity plus all the bonus features then only have 3 1/2 hours of sleep before you go back for your first day of teaching during break, then start calling cool things "shiny" in front of your students (even cooler when one comes up after class and asks if you like firefly.. )
    heh heh i had a similar experience!
    i had an interior shot of the kitchen/diningroom of serenity as my desktop on my laptop and my lecturer recognised it and one thing led to another till the whole class demanded i bring in the dvds for all to watch after a lab the next day! in one fel swoop i converted 10 to the cause of the browncoats!
    *happy dance*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mayogaelz View Post
      heh heh i had a similar experience!
      i had an interior shot of the kitchen/diningroom of serenity as my desktop on my laptop and my lecturer recognised it and one thing led to another till the whole class demanded i bring in the dvds for all to watch after a lab the next day! in one fel swoop i converted 10 to the cause of the browncoats!
      *happy dance*
      omg, you got that one from FFFans.net didn't you? I had that on my desktop for forever and just put it back on. It's such a nice picture, very homey-like.

Comment

On a particularly bad day you look up at the sky and say to yourself "I'm still Flyin. that's enough."
        Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath View Post
          On a particularly bad day you look up at the sky and say to yourself "I'm still Flyin. that's enough."
          Nice one!

You learn chinese just so you can say rude things to people.

Comment

When you come in the hosue at the end of along day, tired and cranky and the kids have made a huge mess, and you hear yourself asking them "Were there monkeys?"

ladyjanus

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post
              When you come in the hosue at the end of along day, tired and cranky and the kids have made a huge mess, and you hear yourself asking them "Were there monkeys?"

ladyjanus

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                omg, you got that one from FFFans.net didn't you? I had that on my desktop for forever and just put it back on. It's such a nice picture, very homey-like.
                yup
                fff.net rocks too its my third home!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mayogaelz View Post
                  yup
                  fff.net rocks too its my third home!
                  It's a great site, though I prefer Whedonesque.

Comment

Spoiler:

That's our newest in her "Baby Jayne" hat.

I think I did Ma Cobb proud.
                    Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
                    Spoiler:
                    "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
                    "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
                    "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
                    "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
                    "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamid View Post
                      Spoiler:

That's our newest in her "Baby Jayne" hat.

I think I did Ma Cobb proud.
                      AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and again, I say

Comment

and again, I say

+1 Very nice. If my kids were younger, I'd do the same. Though, my 9 year old is liking firefly, so he may end up wanting the Jayne hat himself once he sees that episode.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

When you have the ballad of Serenity as your ringtone (I'm so sad )

sigpic
                          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by iLemon View Post
                            mee too!
                            but ive dr who as my message tone too!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iLemon View Post
                              Hah- if I had a cellphone, I'd have that too.

Comment

Hah- if I had a cellphone, I'd have that too.

+1. Sadly where I live there is little/no cell coverage depending on the weather, so I only have a cheap POS tracfone for emergencies when I'm traveling.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X