No announcement yet.

You know you're a browncoat when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You jump out of the shower every morning shouting "No power in the verse can stop me!"
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

.... you call your house "this house"
      .... you have carry a "Firefly is great, it's all fox's fault" speech with you at all times
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

(as my other half)
        Your wife/spouse/mother/whatever calls you a gorram idiot for asking for a cunning hat. When you ask why its such big a deal, you get your cunning-but-not-quite-done hat thrown at you. You then spend the next month begging them to finish it before the movie premieres.

You spend the day explaining to your better half why we should see Serenity, then when they agree, freak because no theatre near you is playing it.

You plan your wardrobe for the evening in question and realize your leather jacket is a perfect coat for it - brown.

You plan out the drive, the hotel, the theatre, the dinner and more but by the time everything's finalized, you spend the next week kicking yourself because the movie's already out of circulation. D'oh!

You spend a nice "quiet" evening at home watching the DVD with your spouse who then declares that the two of you simply must rent the entire series. Ooo Conversion!

You spend the entire time at a reality tv show shoot trying to con... er... slip lines of the movie in and do, specifically the one line about "leaf in the wind" being repeated by the host and another "contestant."

You spend the entire shoot kicking yourself for leaving your cunning hat at home.

You spend the entire time watching said reality tv show when it finally airs with your spouse praying that the line(s) you said get on and are devastated they didn't make the final cut. Klingon can't be more important than "leaf in the wind!"

(/end half)

You know you're the wife of a brown coat when you spend two months secretly finding the yarn in just the right shades of yellow-orange-red and hours at night knitting it up only to have him beg you to make him one. It was, after all, your movie premier present to him.

You know you're the friend of a brown coat when said friend asks you to make another hat for their husband.

You know you're the wife of a brown coat when you spend a month arguing about the name of your next child and "Rivertam" is his front runner.

You know you're the wife of a brown coat when you finally decide to go with the flow and make your own cunning hat and matching ones (yellow/red/orange for the boy, purple shades for the girls) for your kids.

You know you're the child of a brown coat when your parents dress you in this ridiculous hat and you're still an infant.
        Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
        Spoiler:
        "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
        "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
        "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
        "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
        "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

You know you're a browncoast when you are out in the middle of nowhere and you become afraid of.................................REAVERS!!
          "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

when your parents ask if youd like a 3/4 lenght brown suede coat for your present this christmas!
            sigpic

Comment

When you burst into tears at the mere mention of Fox

You constantly get sentimental about Firefly and have to have a marathon in order to calm yourself down

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

You reply to a thread like this on Christmas Day.

Comment

You spent your Christmas watching Firefly DVDs rather than the new DVD (Pirates 2) that was given to you.

Dang, I can never get over how great this show is. Cutting it was one of the worst decisions that FOX ever made. There's just so much story left to be told!

*goes off and cries in a corner*
                  sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

You spent all christmas day locked up in your room watching the your new firefly box set all the way through, and now use the word shiney far too much.

When playing poker with your girlfriend last night she put down a royal flush and you shouted "do that again and i swear by my pretty floral bonnet i will end you!" (luckily she find the idea of me wearing a bonnet funny )
                    When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
                    The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
                    Spoiler:
                    MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
                    Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
                    MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
                    Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
                    AND
                    MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
                    Me: Times it by that really big number!
                    MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
                    Me: How should i know?
                    MBA: Its on the board
                    Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

you try to distract bullies with shadow puppets.

you ask your enemies if they've ever read Shan-Yu.
                      Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                        You reply to a thread like this on Christmas Day.
                        I nearly did
                        sigpic
                        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

You begin to see great, profound ideas in the middle of a science fiction show:

Mercy

Mal has just knocked the huge man with the blade into the ship's engine..he pays for it later by being tortured by a man with no mercy....

Mal decides to protect River Tam after casting her and her brother aside. She lies helpless on the ground. It is his moment to walk away. He picks her up and takes a step which will end the lives of two of his crew and yet, he finds mercy for her in that moment.

Standing above the disabled operative, Mal turns on the recording that has finally freed River Tam and its truth stands as a final blow against the perfectionist alliance and its failed rulers. Mal takes mercy on the man and decides not to kill him while the young girl he took mercy on is saving the lives of his crew. She cuts down the reavers who are in the state they are in for no fault of their own. They are wild and crazed and innocent and receiving the mercy killing which is their only release.......

And in the end, the mercy shown to the operative comes back and again, saves the lives of his crew........

It is not an easy lesson, for Mercy on one has consequences for others.

And it is never easy for Mal to know when to show Mercy.

But he does.... Mercy to live. Mercy to die.

Mercy to his crew to push the man begging him for mercy away from the Mule. Mercy to the same man to kill him when in the hands of the Reavers...

Each moment while being the Captain of his crew he must choose. And that is his razor's edge.
                          Last edited by kmiller1610; 02 January 2007, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post

Mercy

Mal has just knocked the huge man with the blade into the ship's engine..he pays for it later by being tortured by a man with no mercy....

Mal decides to protect River Tam after casting her and her brother aside. She lies helpless on the ground. It is his moment to walk away. He picks her up and takes a step which will end the lives of two of his crew and yet, he finds mercy for her in that moment.

Standing above the disabled operative, Mal turns on the recording that has finally freed River Tam and its truth stands as a final blow against the perfectionist alliance and its failed rulers. Mal takes mercy on the man and decides not to kill him while the young girl he took mercy on is saving the lives of his crew. She cuts down the reavers who are in the state they are in for no fault of their own. They are wild and crazed and innocent and receiving the mercy killing which is their only release.......

And in the end, the mercy shown to the operative comes back and again, saves the lives of his crew........

It is not an easy lesson, for Mercy on one has consequences for others.

And it is never easy for Mal to know when to show Mercy.

But he does.... Mercy to live. Mercy to die.

Mercy to his crew to push the man begging him for mercy away from the Mule. Mercy to the same man to kill him when in the hands of the Reavers...

Each moment while being the Captain of his crew he must choose. And that is his razor's edge.
                            Very nicely put!

Comment

...when you spend your winter holiday break watching the entire series, then go out and buy the soundtrack, serenity, and the complete guide volume I in one fell swoop and stay up late to watch serenity plus all the bonus features then only have 3 1/2 hours of sleep before you go back for your first day of teaching during break, then start calling cool things "shiny" in front of your students (even cooler when one comes up after class and asks if you like firefly.. )

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                                (snip)
                                +1. Great post, greened ya for it

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X