No announcement yet.

A new fan's view of the show+questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way she was acting...she was the most distraught/desperate/agitated acting of the three. First of all they are outsiders so why would an outsider really be interested in killing some one so with her acting the way she was in the bar I guess they thought they could use that to their advantage with the frame job as well as when it came to trial.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Episode(213)- Look at the Princess:The Maltese Crichton
      -Comments:
      1- I was expecting more. I was expecting something much better. The only thing that thrilled me in this episode was the Moya and creators B-story. And a happy scene with the daughter.
      2- So much for the idea of the gods. A god will not be absorbed in the engine like that. Is that a new stargate??? False gods???
      3- Does Moya want us to get killed??? Why would she ask Zhaan to sing??!!!! LOL just joking.
      4- I've never seen Scorpius that weak (when talking to the Scarran). John could have easily removed the part inserted in Scorpius's brain in order to cause him death.
      5- To describe the last scene in one word... predictable.
      -Questions:
      1- When John reappeared when they were all in the morgue, why was Jena's face pale like that. It was really white. And what made him treat her that way that caused her to slap him? (This part was confusing)
      2- So i was the suit that helped Scorpius overcome the acid, right?
      3- Why weren't they told about what happened to Moya? Is it a secret or are they gonna be briefed later?

Comment

1. She was a part of the conspiracy, wanted the brother to ascend to the throne unless I'm completely off target here.
        2. I think so. To be honest I never worried about that part.
        3. Not everything is said on stage in this show. AFAIK it's later taken for granted that they were briefed at some point.

Scorpius and Crichton have a special connection that will become more apparent as time goes on, but which explains why John can't hurt him. That's all I'm going to say at this stage.

They weren't gods in any real sense, only as creators of the Leviathans.

Oh, and both the girl and the boy are Ben's kids.

And I can't believe there are sci-fi fans who haven't seen Star Wars!
        Last edited by maneth; 19 June 2011, 01:10 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          1. She was a part of the conspiracy, wanted the brother to ascend to the throne unless I'm completely off target here.
          Actually, she said that her mission was to kill him if he ascended to the throne. On a side note, she helped John get back to his body and hide, so why would he do that to her, even if she was a peacekeeper.
          AFAIK it's later taken for granted that they were briefed at some point.
          What's AFAIK?

And I can't believe there are sci-fi fans who haven't seen Star Wars!
          ME!!!! And I have been my whole life. I haven't seen Star Trek either and I'm not planning on doing it either. For me, they look stupid. All I know about Star Trek are the few references about it on "The Big Bang Theory"

Comment

What, you haven't seen any Star Trek at all? (Sheldon has Leonard Nimoy's DNA )

I have only seen two or three of the Star Wars films...

AFAIK mean 'as far as I know', by the way.
            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
              What, you haven't seen any Star Trek at all? (Sheldon has Leonard Nimoy's DNA )
              lol I love that show (BBT) even though it's not my favorite, but still, it's one of the best. I hate Sheldon BTW. I hate that they make him the lead on the show.

I have only seen two or three of the Star Wars films...
              ONLY???? How many are they??? There's more than 2 or 3???

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                lol I love that show (BBT) even though it's not my favorite, but still, it's one of the best. I hate Sheldon BTW. I hate that they make him the lead on the show.
                Well, I haven't seen much of it, but he seems funny. (Although pretty arrogant...)

ONLY???? How many are they??? There's more than 2 or 3???
                There's six now! Three fairly recent ones..
                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"

sigpic
                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Episode(214)- Beware of Dog
                  -Comments:
                  1- I didn't enjoy this episode and there isn't much to say this time. The first half was so boring, but it started t get better near the end. The ending was very good.
                  2- I didn't find that Vorc cute at all, but it was funny and it was a tragic moment when he died.
                  3- Scorpius is John worst nightmare. I don't find him scary at all
                  -A General Question:
                  1- Why is Crichton called the commander? Who made him commander? How Could he? He's new to this area and information. He should be the last one to be thought of as the commander. D'Argo and Zhaan are more suitable for that job.

Comment

You're not scared of Scorpius?? He scares the crap out of me!

I assumed they called Crichton commander because that was his rank at IASA...

sigpic
                    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I assumed they called Crichton commander because that was his rank at IASA...
                      Hey, wait... what?... Are u sure?... but... I thought... oh I'm lost.

Comment

That, and he wears a peacekeeper commander's uniform.

I'm sorry, but you can't call yourself a sci-fi fan in my book unless you've seen at least some Star Trek and the original three Star Wars movies. You don't have to like them, but you should see them. If only because they're such pop culture icons that they're referenced elsewhere all the time. Stargate and Farscape for example...
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry, but you can't call yourself a sci-fi fan in my book unless you've seen at least some Star Trek and the original three Star Wars movies. You don't have to like them, but you should see them. If only because they're such pop culture icons that they're referenced elsewhere all the time. Stargate and Farscape for example...
                          I've seen the first star wars movie. When Anakin was still young and in some kind of race at the beginning. It was a stupid movie made for kids, IMO of course

I know references are always made for Star Trek, but that doesn't mean I should like it. Tried too. It used to air where I live, and I did watch it back then, but didn't find anything interesting. It was boring. Besides, Stargate was newer and was made in a better way. They had the chance to learn from Star Trek to make something better. I like the space show that I watch to give me the sense that these space stuff are not normal or usual. Something new. And use that as a starting point to learn more and we DO learn more.

Of course that means that the "Star Wars and Star Trek jokes" mentioned in SG & Farscape have no meaning to me.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Star Trek. I've seen alot of TOS, almost all of Next Gen, DS9 and a few eps of the other 2. I occassionally watch repeats of Next Gen on TV but if I never saw another Trek ep again it wouldn't bother me.

Star Wars is another matter. The original 3 movies that is - love those to death. Curse George Lucas for anything else (and the re-releases)

Prometheos - if you watched the more recent Star Wars movies or the Clone tv series then I wouldn't try to change your mind on thinking those are not good. But give the original 3 a try - Star Wars (1977), Empire Strikes Back (1980), Revenge of the Jedi (1983).

Edit: And try to find the original versions - not the re do/directors cut junk Lucas did.
                            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                              I'm not a fan of Star Trek. I've seen alot of TOS, almost all of Next Gen, DS9 and a few eps of the other 2. I occassionally watch repeats of Next Gen on TV but if I never saw another Trek ep again it wouldn't bother me.
                              Of course I'm lost here. Don't know what u r talking about. :LOL:

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                              Star Wars is another matter. The original 3 movies that is - love those to death. Curse George Lucas for anything else (and the re-releases)

Prometheos - if you watched the more recent Star Wars movies or the Clone tv series then I wouldn't try to change your mind on thinking those are not good. But give the original 3 a try - Star Wars (1977), Empire Strikes Back (1980), Revenge of the Jedi (1983).

Edit: And try to find the original versions - not the re do/directors cut junk Lucas did.
                              Which one starts with young Anakin in some kind of race? I don't know which one is it, but I think it's one of the old ones. That's the one I watched. Could u tell me what it's called?

Comment

Of course I'm lost here. Don't know what u r talking about. :LOL:

Which one starts with young Anakin in some kind of race? I don't know which one is it, but I think it's one of the old ones. That's the one I watched. Could u tell me what it's called?
                                Anything with young Anakin is the more recently movies. While some people like those - I say run away fast.

I was a teenager when the 1st movie came out in 1977. I grew up with Darth Vader (and Jame Earl Jones deep voice) being the big bad guy. There is no way that wimpy bratty Anakin as portrayed in the latter (prequel) movies became the evil Dark Jedi of the original films.
                                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                                X