Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
    [B][U]
    3- How did the camera get those close pictures? They are getting these pictures from space and from inside a wormhole. How can they be so close and clear? And what does the picture od "The Three Stooges" have to do with anything?
    The Farscape module is special for wormholes. How it can survive so well will be explained later. Three Stoogies means the wormhole came close to Earth. More then anything John wants to return home.

As for Zhaan you'd be missing a lot. Her lose damanges Moya even further and makes them more desperate. It drives John even more crazy. I know how you feel. Zhaan is my favorite character too but the show still keeps it core without her
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

IMO, it's never reasonable to call your father by his first name. It just seems unnatural to me.
      What will you call your father when you're 40, assuming he's still alive? Dad? Don't kid me if you have kids of your own. You wouldn't want him to call you son either at that time. Sir? Heaven help us. But then I guess I'm biased, I come from a culture where children would never dream of calling their teachers, or the parents of their friends, by anything but their first names.

Besides that explanation just went out the window, since Ka is the family name. Jothee is Ka Jothee. So calling him by his family name sounds even odder.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
        What will you call your father when you're 40, assuming he's still alive? Dad? Don't kid me if you have kids of your own. You wouldn't want him to call you son either at that time. Sir? Heaven help us. But then I guess I'm biased, I come from a culture where children would never dream of calling their teachers, or the parents of their friends, by anything but their first names.

Besides that explanation just went out the window, since Ka is the family name. Jothee is Ka Jothee. So calling him by his family name sounds even odder.
        First of all, Jothee is not 40 years old.
        Second, when I'm 40 and if I have kids by that time, I guess I'll be calling him what my kids would call him. The idea is I can't call someone older than me by at least 15 years by their fist names. Back at school I used to call teacher by their first names with the addition of the Mr., Miss, Mrs. or Ms. titles. I mean you grow up, but you're never old enough to stop being polite. And this still depends both on my opinion and my culture.

Comment

Episode(304)- Self Inflicted Wounds(2): Wait For The Wheel
          -Comments:
          1- I'm speechless. It's a tough choice Zhaan or Moya. They both have the same importance and respect. I don't like this choice nor would I have liked the other.
          2- Rygel still managed to make me laugh even in the saddest moment.
          3- Greatest quotes in the episode. So amazing. The wheel quote and Zhaan last words to the passengers and then to Stark in particular and even Stark's words to Aeryn after Zhaan died. They are so inspirational.
          4- Rygel looks so small in comparison to Pilot.
          5- I can't even imagine how their life would be after Zhaan's death. She was like a mother and a guide to them. I mean it must change them. Chiana already feels different. The others should too. Chrichton will be devastated coz he blames himself for her death.
          6- I know Zhaan's not dead. She's gonna be back just like Aeryn and Stark did. Just give her time. How can they kill Zhaan??!!! She's so important to be killed off. That's why I'm sure she's still alive. 100% sure. Positive. Certain. Yes she's still alive. Tell me she's still alive.
          -Questions:
          1- What does 'Wait For The Wheel' have to do with Zhaan's death?
          2- What's wrong with D'Argo's left eye?
          3- Did Zhaan(Virginia Hey) want to leave the show or something? Or was this death something in the script?
          4- Why did the pilot cut his connection to Moya? Wasn't that about the time when the natural connection should have been finished? Does that mean he has to start over?

A side note: I want to discuss the death scene. I'm a fan of death scenes just when they are done right. Especially those that make you sad for that person. After I've seen this scene, I admit it's one of my favorites. The only thing that would ruin it is if they got over her death fast. It's even better than Aeryn's. Zhaan's is one of may favorites right there with Janet Frasier's, in addition to all the Charmed deaths which are the best death scenes I have ever seen. Something strange happened to me during Zhaan's death scene. It's the first time. I know I shouldn't say this. There were some tears in addition to laughing, both at the same time. I was laughing about Rygel's comment and sad about Zhaan. Farscape really managed to make me believe it. I have never before in my life believe a show that way. Can u imagine both laughing and crying at the same time???
          My question here is, who is the director? He/she's brilliant. Not to mention Virginia Hey's awesome performance. I tend to compare directors' work and actors' performances and these are one of the best of both. I like to review their work, but I guess I wanna watch the whole show first then start reviewing. Seriously I need to know who he/she is.
          Last edited by Kilgharrah; 24 June 2011, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Episode(305)- different Destinations
            -Comments:
            1- So Zhaan's dead and I see no potential for the show after that. I mean, this episode was awesome, but I still see no potential for the show. I'm not gonna forget this. Never gonna forgive the writers. Separate stories in each episode is not gonna help the show no matter how good they are. I've decided to continue watching this show just for one reason. I know they have to get Zhaan back somehow. I'm waiting for this. That's what keeps me going. I don't think anything is gonna make me like that show again other than Zhaan getting back even if I like separate episode.
            2- I like about this show that it's realistic. The ending was so realistic. I always hate when time travel stories end as if there's no problem. There has to big huge mistakes just like these ones. But I would have liked if Cyntrina had stayed alive and they met her in the future. Maybe even Stark will help her die.
            3- Even though I like death scenes, I think the numbers of deaths is very high. I'm still 5 episodes through and there are too many deaths. I think that the season premiere isn't the one supposed to be called 'season of death', it's the whole season.
            4- I liked the idea of visual history.
            5- HAHA. Chiana and Rygel couldn't get themselves to steal Zhaan's stuff.
            6- Jool is such a cry baby. I never thought of her to be that way. She's hot though. First I thought she was funny, but now I think she's just annoying. Please DON'T MAKE HER A REGULAR!!!
            7- I think I predicted that the general would be killed and that something will happen after they left.
            8- LOL. The writers always get themselves out of explaining what happens after death to avoid different beliefs. Before, they said darkness and now 'Different beliefs, different destinations'.
            9- I noticed that starting from this season, they began naming the episode by something said on the episode. More convincing, more meaningful. Much better.
            10- I see D'Argo is so sad about what his son has become, so he's trying to find a better kid. Someone like the kid he always wanted.
            11- Aeryn is brilliant. She managed to make a hero out of nothing. He was just a cook, but she throw some bravery in him. I also liked his last words, but they predicted what would happen next.
            12- Unfortunately this ending happens/happened in real life too. When are people gonna change!!!!!
            13- How on earth did they get over Zhaan's death that fast only Stark is the one who hasn't. He can't bear deaths as he used to, but the others knew her for a longer time. I can't understand how they can forget.
            14- Where does Ben Browder gets these ideas from!!! Stark really looks like astro boy.
            15- I tried to get a close look of Paul goodard's performance in this episode. I think he's a good actor with a lot of potential.
            -Questions:
            1- Does that mean that PKs used to be good? I mean they're helping those nurses protect their place.
            2- I thought the place was taken over by Veneks. How did they manage to make a memorial for the nurses there?

Edit: Something I forgot to say. It's their first time without Zhaan and they screwed up. What does that say?? They still need her. They haven't changed enough tosolve things on their own.
            Last edited by Kilgharrah; 24 June 2011, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              Different cultures make the world go around.

My Dad is my Dad regardless of how old I am or he is (and I'm over 40). I am his daughter. I don't think I've ever called my dad Sir. Also in the US (at least everyone I've ever known) would never dream of calling a teacher or another adult by the first name when you are a kid or even college age. It's Mr or Mrs or Miss. That's a sign of respect. As ad adult, I address unfamiliar adults by there last name (Mr, etc), unless they introduce ask to go by 1st name or until I get to know them as a friend or co-worker or business associate.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Why, what happened? I can't remember...

3- Did Zhaan(Virginia Hey) want to leave the show or something? Or was this death something in the script?
                She didn't want to, but the make up caused her internal health problems. She was advised to leave by her doctor.
                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                  Why, what happened? I can't remember...
                  It's nothing we've seen. One episode he was ok, the next it was closing or something like that. It could be something wrong with the actor himself. His eyes not D'Argo's. I thought it could have been mentioned in an interview or a commentary or something.

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                  She didn't want to, but the make up caused her internal health problems. She was advised to leave by her doctor.
                  I'm gonna kill that doctor.
                  But I have to admit getting colored everyday is not healthy at all.

Comment

2- I thought the place was taken over by Veneks. How did they manage to make a memorial for the nurses there?
                    They changed things in the past which changed things in the future.

Jool is annoying because she came from a life of research and comfort. She never had to deal with "real life" the way most people have had too and she can't handle this situation. In the beginning she tried refused to accept the situation but she gets better and eventually I grew to like her.

I can't say much about Self Inflicted Wounds eps becacause those are less than average eps for me and I don't remember many of the specific details. I like Zhaan alot in the 1st season, but she started to annoying me in the 2nd season. But she was a stabilising force and that is really missed and I grew to realize how much that was needed by Crichton in S4.
                    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

Comment

-Questions:
                      1- What does 'Wait For The Wheel' have to do with Zhaan's death?
                      4- Why did the pilot cut his connection to Moya? Wasn't that about the time when the natural connection should have been finished? Does that mean he has to start over?

A side note: I want to discuss the death scene. I'm a fan of death scenes just when they are done right. Especially those that make you sad for that person. After I've seen this scene, I admit it's one of my favorites. The only thing that would ruin it is if they got over her death fast. It's even better than Aeryn's. Zhaan's is one of may favorites right there with Janet Frasier's, in addition to all the Charmed deaths which are the best death scenes I have ever seen. Something strange happened to me during Zhaan's death scene. It's the first time. I know I shouldn't say this. There were some tears in addition to laughing, both at the same time. I was laughing about Rygel's comment and sad about Zhaan. Farscape really managed to make me believe it. I have never before in my life believe a show that way. Can u imagine both laughing and crying at the same time???
                      My question here is, who is the director? He/she's brilliant. Not to mention Virginia Hey's awesome performance. I tend to compare directors' work and actors' performances and these are one of the best of both. I like to review their work, but I guess I wanna watch the whole show first then start reviewing. Seriously I need tgo know who he/she is.
                      1. The title is nothing to do with ZHaan. Its a metaphor for life that life has ups and down. Have to experence lows with the highs
                      2. Drawing a blank at this one.
                      3. The makeup was damanging her kidneys. She didn't want to leave.

You're not alone. I cried during the death scene and I don't usually do that with TV. Farscape had a lot of main characters death and the show was very good at making them realastic. That is why I think we are touched when we see them die. It feels so real.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Scifi Stream's (run by the guy who runs GW) Farscape section has a listing of the writers and directors of each episode

http://www.scifistream.com/farscape/s3/index.shtml

David Kemper wrote the Self Inflicted episodes. He is also the show runner. Tony Tilse directed the episodes.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                          Scifi Stream's (run by the guy who runs GW) Farscape section has a listing of the writers and directors of each episode

http://www.scifistream.com/farscape/s3/index.shtml

David Kemper wrote the Self Inflicted episodes. He is also the show runner. Tony Tilse directed the episodes.
                          LOL. Thanks.
                          Looks like he's a clever one. He got an award.

Comment

LOL. Thanks.
                            Looks like he's a clever one. He got an award.
                            IMO, pretty much everyone involved in this show was clever.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

First of all, Jothee is not 40 years old.
                              Second, when I'm 40 and if I have kids by that time, I guess I'll be calling him what my kids would call him. The idea is I can't call someone older than me by at least 15 years by their fist names. Back at school I used to call teacher by their first names with the addition of the Mr., Miss, Mrs. or Ms. titles. I mean you grow up, but you're never old enough to stop being polite. And this still depends both on my opinion and my culture.
                              You can be very disrespectful calling someone by their last name and a title of respect. Using first names doesn't automatically make you disrespectful either, but I read you. Differences make life interesting, and it's good to know where we come from. That said a really funny thing happened in France, where not only are students formal with teachers, but teachers switch from the informal tu to the formal vous in addressing their students as soon as the latter hit puberty, i.e. by age 13-15 at the latest. While I'm informal in my own culture, we had a newly graduated teacher in business school when I was an exchange student there who wanted us to call her by her first name. It was totally impossible for the entire class, including me to use tu with her.

I liked Different Destinations but wasn't so keen on Self Inflicted Wounds as on the other doubles and trilogies. Zhaan's death was very well done though.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes the French have a whole extra rigmarole around formality / familiarity with "tu" and vous". Even a verb for it, "se tutoyer" I think as in call me "tu" rather than "vous".
                                "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Working...
                                X