A new fan's view of the show+questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
    I rest my case. He's a brilliant guy. It's strange that I haven't heard of him before. Some people just don't get enough chances while terrible actors get more than they deserve. (I don't mean anyone specific. None of the Farscape actors are terrible anyway. They're all good, but some of them are better than others).
    Oh, I hadn't heard of almost any of them when I got into Farscape! (With the exception of the two SG-1'ers, of course )
    I wouldn't mind seeing more of Anthony Simcoe (D'Argo) for one. And maybe Wayne Pygram (Scorpius) too.
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
      (With the exception of the two SG-1'ers, of course )
      Why do u think I started watching it??? When I read about the show, I didn't like the idea, but looks like Vala has some powers of convincing. Claudia Black is awesome. And I love that accent.
      I wouldn't mind seeing more of Anthony Simcoe (D'Argo) for one. And maybe Wayne Pygram (Scorpius) too.
      Whenever I see D'Argo, I try to look for anything to convince me that it's Anthony Simcoe, but nothing. I feel like it's someone else. But his acting skills are normal, they're not as amazing as Claudia Black and Lani Tupu.

As for Wayne Pygram, It's still too early to tell whether he's good or not.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
        Why do u think I started watching it??? When I read about the show, I didn't like the idea, but looks like Vala has some powers of convincing. Claudia Black is awesome. And I love that accent.

Whenever I see D'Argo, I try to look for anything to convince me that it's Anthony Simcoe, but nothing. I feel like it's someone else. But his acting skills are normal, they're not as amazing as Claudia Black and Lani Tupu.

As for Wayne Pygram, It's still too early to tell whether he's good or not.
        Thats Farscape blasphemy Scorpious is on of the most 3D villian out there
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Scorpious is on of the most 3D villian out there
          He's 3D????
          He can't be. I'm sure he isn't. I thought there was no 3D on this show. Just puppets.

Comment

Don't take things so literally
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, I was planning on watching that right after the previous one. I said half an hour, but here it is half a day.
              Episode 22- Family Ties (1)- The Finale
              -Comments:
              1- What was that!!!! I can't believe what I just saw. The best so far. After the episode was over, I remained there silent with my jaw dropped half a mile. I remained like that during the closing credits and even after it for some time until I realised I have been like that for 3 minutes. Such a thrilling episode.
              2- If the show hadn't been picked for a second season, this would have been the best finale ever.
              3- I'm starting to get annoyed by Rygel's behavior. I can't believe Chiana is doing a better job than him in respecting the trust she's getting from everyone. Is he ever gonna be good??!!! Seriously he's a jerk. But in the end he started learning and caring. It's a start.
              4- I've always felt sorry for anyone who was once in high position and then suddenly loses it all. Even if they were evil. Of course I'm talking about Crais.
              5- I loved the scene when John was leaving the message to his father. Truly a classic scene.
              6- So, in a way, John is the reason, Talyn is given that name. He reminded Aeryn of her father.
              7- He thanks the ship. How unusual is that.
              8- So Talyn is gone??!!! Sad. He's not ready to protect himself yet. Will we ever see him again??!! (DON'T ANSWER!!! That's retorical. No spoilers.) I've reached a point where spoilers will really ruin it for me. Before that, it wasn't as important.
              9- So the good luck charm is gone now. Good for him. Now he can't depend on superstitions anymore.
              -Questions:
              1- If the microbes translate everything, why didn't they translate the rants that D'Argo said to Rygel? It was only translated to Chiana. Are the microbes losing their touch? lol
              2- Have all the peacekeepers been taken from their families against their will?

These questions are enough as this is the first part and I don't wanna risk asking a question that might spoil it for me. Someone might answer it by accident.

Comment

Their are some languages even the translator microbes don't recognoize

No not all but quite a few. The Peackeepers basically take what they need for their fleet regardless of the consquences.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Episode (201)- Mind The Baby (2)
                  -Comments:
                  1- I hate that crazy laugh that Crichton does. He did it again while getting aboard Talyn.
                  2- Even though Talyn is a ship, I think he acts normal like any other kid. Moya is so clingy. He could have chosen Aeryn and he could have stayed after getting his captain. He may have shot Moya, but that's what any kid would do if he had weapons.
                  3- Liked the "cya" scene with John and Aeryn.
                  4- So Talyn chose Crais??? What an idiot. After everything Aeryn did for him. She helped him understand what he is. She did what nobody was ever able to do. Crais has good convincing ability.
                  5- Talyn's Starburst scene. EPIC!!!
                  6- When I thought about whether Crais changed or not, I think he's become something like Rygel. He could help as long as it doesn't harm him. He does what helps him only. He could be useful in situations of similar interests.
                  -Questions:
                  1- Why does D'Argo look different?
                  2- How do they get aboard Talyn undetected? Crais should have detected John getting aboard.
                  3- Am I the only one who saw the "HAND" of Friendship? I hate those simple mistakes. They ruin the show for me. They can't have missed it. So the camera man couldn't get a shot without showing it?!! This is terrible. I don't wanna misjudge the show coz these STUPID mistake.

Comment

1. It was some crazy notion by the writers that so close to the sun D'Argo would get burnt.
                    2. Talyn is newborn. Think of a baby. Aren't that a lot less perceptive then a full grown adult?
                    3. This one I am drawing a blank on.

As for the comments the reason Talyn choose Crais will be explained later and Crais will definitly change as the show continues
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      3. This one I am drawing a blank on.
                      Come on. It's so obvious. And it wasn't the first time on the show. Rygel's puppeteer's hand appeared before.

Comment

Episode(202)- Vitas Mortis
                        -Comments:
                        1- Why do they give us the past of our characters bits by bits?!!!!
                        2- D'Argo isn't so lucky with women.
                        3- Of course he needed some time alone. I'm surprised that John even thought of asking.
                        4- So new Rygel puppet!! Hate it. The original was much better.
                        5- Overall, this episode was just OK. It's not as exciting as I thought. So quiet. Nothing compared to the season premiere.
                        -Questions:
                        1- What's with the new outfit? These are fugitives and on the run. When did they get the time to get these clothes?
                        2- Does that mean that the passengers are connected to Moya too? I got the idea that D'Argo was and that's how the orichan reached Moya's life strength.
                        2- How is that way better than normal death? He kills her.
                        3- So how old is Moya?
                        4- Why did this happen to Moya when the orichan touched her? She didn't cast any spells.

Comment

Tough questions!

1. They picked the clothes up somewhere. Just because we didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
                          2. Moya's the biggest living thing near enough to be used, I suppose. Who kills who?
                          3. I'm not sure they ever tell us. AFAIK they haven't by Eat Me.
                          4. I guess she didn't need to cast any spells to hurt Moya. The process started when they did the ritual that was supposed to kill the orichan, and my guess is that the closer she got to the ship the stronger the sucking of the life force, because it was a continuing process.
                          sigpic

Comment

According to the Farscape Wikipedia, Moya was 23 years (or should I say 'cycles'? ) old at the start of the show. I won't link you because there are a couple of spoilers, albeit minor ones, but still..
                            I remember seeing that info there when I was looking for info about her fuel situation. (To which I never found a definate answer, sorry)

And Maneth is right, they never say her age on the show...
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              Who kills who?
                              D'Argo kills the orichan. Isn't that the ritual?

I won't link you because there are a couple of spoilers, albeit minor ones, but still..
                              Every time after I finish the episode, I go to the page of that episode on Farscape wiki. It helps when I miss something, or the sound is not clear. They have full synopses. It's not bad.

Comment

Episode (203)- Taking the stone
                                -Comments:
                                1- I didn't really understand most of this episode. There are many things I didn't understand on the episode. Even Farscape wiki didn't help much. The episode was not clear, besides the sound was terrible. I'll have lots of questions this time.
                                2- I see they're trying to make us like Chiana by showing us her backstory and make us be sorry for her. I could have been if I had understood the episode.
                                3- If we saw some of Chiana's memories with her brother, it could have been much better.
                                4- Rygel's B-story was just funny, but not significant at all. They could have made a B-story that more important.
                                5- Strange looking pregnant girl. Glass pregnant????
                                6- Liked the idea of the life disk.
                                7- I can't believe that Crichton took that drug.
                                8- Now I'm convinced that Chiana is a child. She makes wrong decisions... always.
                                9- So she had always been in her brother's shadow. She also depended on him. Now he's gone. I don't blame her for acting that way. When the life u know is no more. She could do anything just not kill herself no matter how stupid.
                                10- The scene of Chiana's jump was awesome, but it would have been much better if I had understood it.
                                11- This episode reminded me of a similar one on SGA *season 1 spoiler* when people commit suicide when they reach the age of 24.
                                -Questions:
                                1- What is the game? I didn't understand the rules or even what they have to do. Is it just about jumping? What are the stages of this game? Why do they jump?
                                2- Why are there outcasts? Why do they live away from sight? What was on that old outcast woman's face? Is it burnt?
                                3- What is that thing that appeared at the bottom of the pit and saved chiana? Where did it come from? How is it activated? Is it automatic or manual? And if manual, then who activated it?
                                4-so "Taking the stone"? What does it mean? Do they have to retrieve a stone from the bottom or is it a metaphor? And if they survive, how do they get back up?
                                5- Is that pregnant girl's belly made of glass? Maybe I saw it wrong, but it looked like glass. If it is, then WHY? HOW? And how does she play that way?
                                6- What's the significance of the radiation? What does it have to do with the jump?
                                7- Can't anyone decide they want to jump anyway? So how would Chiana take Monlon's place. He could call it off. Why does he have to be replaced?
                                8- John told Monlon that it's easy for them to jump coz they'll eventually die, but not Chiana. Why would they die eventually, while Chiana wouldn't? What's the difference?
                                9- So how did her brother die? Did he participate in that game?
                                10- So what happened to the clan? Do we get to know?
                                11- Crichton and Aeryn are old????? How's that? How old are they and how old is Chiana? How long do Sebaceans normally live? Similar lifetimes as humans or longer? Same question for the Nebari's lifetime.
                                12- What is that drug Crichton took? Why did Monlon refuse to talk to him until he had that drug?

Comment

Working...
                                X