No announcement yet.

The Stolen Earth (3012/412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ok. thanks scarimor! But didn't a hand pick up the Master's ring?
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      As for "most faithful Companion" how about K-9?
      Heh. My hubby keeps saying that!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
        But didn't a hand pick up the Master's ring?
        Yes, but they could hold back continuing that story for years if they want to. We may have to wait until 2010 to see who picked up that ring or until next week! Who knows?!

I watched the trailer...
        Spoiler:
        could Donna, being as she is down on her hands and knees, well could she be transforming? Could she be regenerating? It just seems an odd way to have her, I mean she could grab hold of the console or those seats around the console rather then be shown on her hands and knees. Is she near the TARDIS heart's door? Ooh.

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
          Oh ok. thanks scarimor! But didn't a hand pick up the Master's ring?
          Yeah, but even if it's not resolved now, there's no reason why it can't be resolved further down the line.

EDIT: Curse you, Willow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
            That's my worry! Someone reassure me please!!!
            The Threefold Man is coming. Do not be afraid!
            scarimor

Comment

Btw, I liked the reference to the Mr Copper Foundation.

And that Red Dalek - elevated above primitive emotions... uh. oh.
              scarimor

Comment

[QUOTE=Reefgirl;8494273]Is the new trailer up then??

I had an epiphany whilst doing the washing up (this happens often with me) who is the Doctor's most loyal companion, who's been there since the beginning? the Tardis, I'm shifting my opinion to something happens to the Tardis and somehow Donna becomes part of the Tardis to keep it going, mad I know but, as I said, strange things happen to me when I'm washing up

first off great episode!!
                I think you got idea there.. the most loyal companion is TARDIS.. it a living thing!! in the trailer for the next week it look like the TARDIS is in very bad shape!! may be Donna a New tardis or something..

and if you check out the Regeneration the doctor old hand is glowing to!!

dam can`t wait for next week. just a shame i won`t see the final till sunday night!!

Comment

Hey-- just wanted to answer some questions I never saw answered adequately... especially in the wake of this fabulously great episode.

1) In the Sixth Doctor episode "The Mysterious Planet" he and Peri land on the primitive planet Ravolox... which we find out is actually Earth. The High Council of the Time Lords ordered the planet moved and renamed because they were trying to conceal the information thgat was stolen by the "SLEEPERS" who had stolen the secrets of the MAtrix. So, the Time Lords may have moved the planet-- this may be the "beginning" of the time period we see the ending of with the Sixth Doctor and Peri.

2) David Tennant can still be in the Christmas Specials AND regenerate... it could be memories or flashbacks... sorry that's the only way I can see it happening.

We are getting Doctor Who on the Sci-Fi Channel-- we are up to "Midnight"-- but next week is Independence Day so they're showing The Twilight Zone instead. (sigh.) We'll get "Midnight" in two weeks.
                  "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Rumour for the next Doctor if you want to be surprised don't read.

Spoiler:
                    Biggest rumour is that he regenerates into the Master or the character who played the Master. Fits in line with the sound of the drums and the BBC saying 'Earth's greatest heroes assemble to fight the New Dalek Empire. But a fearsome old enemy waits in the shadows.' The old enemy in the shadows is the Master maybe somehow he shares his body with the doctor both of them fighting for controll and possibly how David is in the Christmas special. Or maybe it is a timelord punishment that if you take the life of another timelord your next regeneration will assume its form so everytime you see yourself you remember your sin.

Don't give me any red for this it is in spoiler tags.

Anyway good episode and poor Valiant.

Most faithful companion doesn't mean the one who loved him most (Rose/Martha). It might mean SJS or even the Tardis as said. All we know is that Captain Jack will survive considering he grew to be thousands/millions of years old as the face of Bo.

I think that key Martha had might phase Earth out of the universe and somewere safe. It would corespond with why they didn't want to use it and how it could protect them. Also it could end up moving the Darleks to that universe with Earth or without it. Maybe 'The stolen Earth' means we steal it from space but who knows.

The Doctor obviosly will survive but maybe not in this form. Chances are Song moon or what ever her name was could have just been refering to his expressions and general way of acting and behaving saying that he acted older but still the same, Kinda like how and old person still moves with the general tone of when they were young must be the same with Timelords considering the personality doesn't seem to change.

Maybe the other habited planets thats were transported can help Earth I would assume that the Daleks seemed to be solely focused on Earth that the others would bond together against a common threat and attack the Dalek fleet.

I think the Darlek were taking humans to get the cells they need from them, remember from bad wolf that they could take 1 cell out of every 1000 and turnn it into a Darlek cell.

Anyway enjoy.
                    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Ok you know the doctor can't die again because if you remember the ep's
                      Silence In the Library and Forest of the Dead the doctor's future wife say's you can't die and implies he can't regenerate again.

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
                        Rumour for the next Doctor if you want to be surprised don't read.

Spoiler:
                        Biggest rumour is that he regenerates into the Master or the character who played the Master. Fits in line with the sound of the drums and the BBC saying 'Earth's greatest heroes assemble to fight the New Dalek Empire. But a fearsome old enemy waits in the shadows.' The old enemy in the shadows is the Master maybe somehow he shares his body with the doctor both of them fighting for controll and possibly how David is in the Christmas special. Or maybe it is a timelord punishment that if you take the life of another timelord your next regeneration will assume its form so everytime you see yourself you remember your sin.

Don't give me any red for this it is in spoiler tags.
                        No. No no no no no. Sorry. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Firstly, as seen in this episode, the old enemy is Davros, as given by the fact he, you know, spends most of the episode waiting in the shadows. Plus the Doctor never took the life of another Time Lord.

If he does regenerate, DT could still be in the Christmas specials if
                        Spoiler:
                        it's a multiple doctor story, like 11 and 10. But I reckon it'd be waaaaay too soon for that.

Comment

I kinda like the idea of the spoiler pics for the Christmas special being fakes. But yes, there are all kinds of possibilities in either direction. And we still have to wait six days to find out the answers. *grumble*

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                            ^Well, at least we're getting some sort of preview tomorrow. Thank goodness.

One small thing I loved in this episode was the look on Donna's face when the Doctor and Rose were running towards each other. Donna totally gets how the Doctor feels about Rose and isn't threatened by it. Just another reason I love Donna.

I hope Donna sticks around for awhile, but I'm afraid the omens aren't good.
                            I know I LOVE Donna so much, maybe as much I love Rose.
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                              Well, well, well - gripping or what?

Harriet Jones, dear love her, "Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister" followed by "We know"
                              LOL. yeah that's like Captain Jack Sparrow saying "I'm Captain Jack Sparrow" everywhere he goes and everyone he meets is like yeah we know.

I really can't wait to see the conclusion next week, I was sitting on the edge of my seat like a little dweeb. Why wouldn't you? like you gotta love it when the "secret army" cooperated with the whole plan of calling the Doctor, that was a sweet scene.
                              Ohhh yea I loved that! so Awesome!
                              but to compensate Rose and Doctor running to each other was so beautiful, but no, the Dalek had to be on the street that intersects the road they were on.
                              eh, I've been watching to many action movies where something like that would happen so as the Doctor was running to Rose I was like DUDE MOVE YOUR *CENSORED*!!!! there could be a Dalek around the corner! man, my SISTER CAN RUN FASTER THEN YOU! sheesh!

Anyway, amazing first parter, love it, the Daleks are awesome and poor Sarah Jane, using a car? While Rose had what looked like a dimensional transporter, Martha has the Project Indigo and Jack had his wristwatch thing, poor Sarah only has a car. **sigh**
                              yeah poor SJ *sigh* she would've made it to the TARDIS if only she had a dimensional transporter or a wristwatch thing.
                              "Great, last time I faced myself I ended up kicking my own ass." -Sheppard
                              "Didn't I order you to get a life?" -Jack O'Neill

Comment

I really, really don't want to be spoiled - at least not more then i already have been by unfortunate glances at "The Sun" etc. Just glances not reading the whole thing but I still caught some and it sounded possible. It didn't make me happy but it would make sense. I really want to enjoy this finale and be knocked out of my shoes by it.....even if it leaves me in a tearful mess.
                                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X