The Stolen Earth (3012/412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    If a TARDIS is a living thing, and it is a Time Lord creation, and a TARDIS has a strong, symbiotic bond with its Time Lord...can a TARDIS regenerate?

*backs away slowly to observe fireworks and avoid being punched in the face if the TARDIS does indeed die...*
    That's an interesting theory

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    I thought the Osterhagen Key was a last resort if humanity was in mortal peril and the Doctor wasn't around? Bit silly to invent a self-destruct button for a TARDIS that won't be there.

Jack seemed very adamant that the Key not be used. Of course, he said the same about the teleport harness thingy (Indigo), but the Key, I think, is several levels up the OMGDONTDOIT ladder. Is it a MAD-type weapon meant to wipe out whoever's wiping us out, or is it more of a Genesis thing and meant to reboot humanity?
    Another interesting theory

Comment

Did anyone else think that when The Doctor said to Davros something along the lines of

"After everything we've seen, after everything we've been through, I only have one thing to say to you....BYEEE!!"

was very similar to the way the Master spoke in 'Utopia' ("Tell you my plans...I don't think!

I don't think it means anything but noticed the similarity in the style of delivery, was pretty funny too...

I think this ep qualifies as greatest cliffhanger of the new who, although maybe it will be topped by next week.

Have to say as a fan of teaser trailers, the trailer for this episode, with the quick flashes of all the companions was very good. Maybe it was just that fact that so many well known faces were in it, but I thought it was well put together and made an exciting preview...

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
        osterhagen key must have a hidden adgenda otherwise they would of called it danger key or something

they said the key is to save the human race yet the way ppl go on about it in that episode suggest something bad will come out of it
        Did anyone actually say that it was to save the human race? All I recall them saying is: "I can't take it" and "Don't ever use it."
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
          Did anyone actually say that it was to save the human race? All I recall them saying is: "I can't take it" and "Don't ever use it."
          the unit officer who gave it to her said something like that before he she put on project indigo and the daleks came knocking
          sigpic

Comment

harriet ordered jack to forget about it, therefore it's very important
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
              Let's not forget "The Shadow Proclamation" can be rearranged to say "Doctor Who has a time plan".
              Who the frak sits down and figures all these out.....

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Who the frak sits down and figures all these out.....
                People with waaaaay too much time on their hands. I have also read somewhere that the Osterhagan Key can be rearranged into the anagram "Earths Gone" and the translation is supposed to be "burning man". I couldn't find the latter and I don't know if the fans are going a bit too far here but still interesting.
                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                And he's wonderful.

Comment

There's probably some website that lets you put in letters and then comes up with variations.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                    There's probably some website that lets you put in letters and then comes up with variations.
                    Quite a few of them, yup. But they can generate tons of results depending on your parameters (and the number of letters) and I for one get bored fast trying to wade through it all. Others, obviously, don't. More power to 'em. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Quite a few of them, yup. But they can generate tons of results depending on your parameters (and the number of letters) and I for one get bored fast trying to wade through it all. Others, obviously, don't. More power to 'em. lol
                      Got a link to a good one?

Comment

I used this one http://www.crosswordtools.com/anagram-generator/

Comment

osterhagen = Earnest hog
                          Originally posted by Craig Charles
                          "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Osterhagen Key = Nasty Geek Hero

Haha!! Funniest thing I've seen all day.
                            sigpic

Comment

http://www.ssynth.co.uk/~gay/cgi-bin...t=engp&doai=on
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

well.. it looks like
                                Spoiler:
                                from one of the spoiler sites that yes, Tenant stays as the Doctor. But other than that, I can't really figure out what happens to the companions.
                                Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
                                Spoiler:
                                "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
                                "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
                                "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
                                "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
                                "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Working...
                                X