No announcement yet.

The Stolen Earth (3012/412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna bet Donna is a time lord and that giant ring is her "pocket watch". If I recall the master heard a heart beat when he was on the verge of realizing who he was in utopia. And acted somewhat in that same disconnected/disoriented way. It would be an interesting twist. Maybe she will sacrifice herself to undo everything we have seen happen in this episode. Another time lord found and lost.

And as for the scene when rose and the doctor were running at each other. I was so hoping Jack was gonna teleport right between them just before they met. That would have been great. Because having Rose carry a weapon that can easily blow up a dalek and watch the doctor get shot was kinda lame.

Comment

^Well, at least we're getting some sort of preview tomorrow. Thank goodness.

One small thing I loved in this episode was the look on Donna's face when the Doctor and Rose were running towards each other. Donna totally gets how the Doctor feels about Rose and isn't threatened by it. Just another reason I love Donna.

I hope Donna sticks around for awhile, but I'm afraid the omens aren't good.
      sigpic
      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac8400 View Post
        And as for the scene when rose and the doctor were running at each other. I was so hoping Jack was gonna teleport right between them just before they met.
        LMAO! Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

Didn't think Rose's complete stupefication when the Doctor got shot was stupid. If I'd traveled across the multiverse trying to hunt someone down only to watch him "die" right before I could hug him, I'd probably freeze for a crucial second or three, too. +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

I'm gonna bet Donna is a time lord and that giant ring is her "pocket watch". If I recall the master heard a heart beat when he was on the verge of realizing who he was in utopia. And acted somewhat in that same disconnected/disoriented way. It would be an interesting twist. Maybe she will sacrifice herself to undo everything we have seen happen in this episode. Another time lord found and lost.
          I was thinking that too, until I re-watched the part where the women brings her water, as she is sitting on the steps. She says Donna is something new. (Dam me and my Buffy watching!) That is almost like with Dawn being the key. She was new as well. (EDIT: Ooh had a thought; maybe Donna is new as in her persona as Donna is new but she is a Time Lady. Also wondering what the women meant by 'sorry about your loss... the loss that is to come. )

Donna could still be a Time Lady.

I think however, if Donna is a Time Lady, then she is a 'new' one. Maybe only just created as the war started, maybe she was a baby and that is why she would be 'new' to being a Time Lady.

Or she could be something created to end this or stop it from happening. Even that bug thing could have been used for good really, maybe this is a lot worse then whatever else may have happened to Earth if Donna had turned right?

Donna is the key... to something!

I don't know! I am going mad with the waiting (and my own speculation) and it has only been 6 hours since I *first* watch it!
          Last edited by Willow'sCat; 28 June 2008, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Didn't the Master hear the drums, rather than a heartbeat? Still, Donna as Romana would have a nice, sorry, ring to it.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Still hyperventilating after that episode, holy frak!!!!! Possibly the most brilliant crossover ever, all of the stories worked fantastic with each other and seeing the Doctor talking to the companions on the screen! And then Donna, Rose, Jack and the Doctor all in the TARDIS together. WITH THE DOCTOR REGENERATING!

Didn't see that ending coming.

I know there are these mentions of DT filming the Christmas special, but I'm still genuinely worried. And I want to remain worried all week. *refuses to look at any pics or spoilers*

I WANT Ten to stick around but how does he get out of this????? (my guess being either the hand or Jack- there were so many shots of that hand, it has to come in to play somewhere)

And the Master's drumbeats.....that's got to be important as well! Is it too much to hope for an appearance by John Simm?

And the opening credits with all those names that barely lasted a second on there made me laugh with nerdish glee. I love this show.

*can't form any more coherent thought*

Comment

You'd think the Doctor would have sensed if Donna was a Time Lady. And having her be "hidden" like the Master was would be flat-out stupid. Particularly since they just used that idea last year.

Also, wouldn't Donna "dying" in front of the lorry have caused a few hiccups since she would have regenerated? Unless she's still "locked" in human form.

Nope, sorry, I think Donna's something special, but I don't think she's a Time Lady.

And yes, the Master heard drums, not a heartbeat. Although I do wonder what that heartbeat means. I really hope they don't pull an "it was all a dream" thing and have this all be something Donna imagined as she was dying (and listening to her heartbeat slow down). Fortunately that doesn't work for a lot of reasons.

Comment

Absolutely Bloody Brilliant

Best ever episode in my opinion!!! Cant wait for Finale!
                  This is the way crossovers should be done!!!
                  Great links to past episodes. Explained some things like the missing planets
                  Is DT meant to be leaving??
                  Cant wait for second half!!!

The bit in the Shadow Proclamation was funny with the doctor speaking the alien language
                  Was also funny when Harriet Jones was like 'Harriet Jones former Primeminister' and everyones like 'We Know'!
                  Bit where Doctor and Rose were running towards eachother, I thought Rose would be shot not the Doctor
                  The severed hand in the Tardis has to have some relevance because its in loads of shots
                  The Doctor regenerating though, never saw that coming
                  Last edited by Teddybrown; 07 July 2008, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Something that is slightly OT but I have been noticing a while here (in a good way don't worry). We are really blessed. In this part of the GatWorld forum we get mostly gushing and very little ranting compared to the SGA and SG-1 folders. While in the SGA and SG-1 folders there are anti threads and there are precious few episodes on which all fans agree that they were done well. Here we all basically just slap each other on the back with huge grins and say "Well, that was bloody brilliant wasn't it?"

ShadowMaat are you sure it was past tense what Miss Red Eyes said? I have to re-watch the episode. In that case it seems to me that the lady can also look into the past and the future. Interesting. I thought she is just a clairvoyant.

I think we all agree that whatever is going to happen in the next episode will have to do with Donna. I really wonder what she is. I don't think she is something like Dawn but maybe she is a bit like the "dream vortex" in Sandman ( those who have read the graphic novel "The Doll's House" from the Sandman series know what I am talking about). Maybe Donna is a person who was born as an anomaly and threatens and is able to mainpualte the normal space-time continuum. In the book sandman hasto kill Rose Walker, the dream vortex, but her grandmother who was supposed to be the vortex offers herself instead. It would be an interesting twist. Donna the annomaly...it woudl make her something of a time lord.
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      And then Donna, Rose, Jack and the Doctor all in the TARDIS together.
                      I was so taken aback by the regeneration moment I totally forgot Jack was with Rose in the TARDIS! lol It wasn't until I re-watched it that I thought, oh Jack and Rose.
                      I know there are these mentions of DT filming the Christmas special, but I'm still genuinely worried.
                      Actually so am I a bit. Although I have faith in the BBC's relationship with British tabloids they so would have leaked this kind of info by now. They did with Chris and Billie. OR so it would seem.
                      And the opening credits with all those names that barely lasted a second on there made me laugh with nerdish glee.
                      I loved that 'cause first is proves totally that Jack is a companion, and secondly Billie got the all important last bill. Last is like second when you can't be second... er something like that anyway. And both Eve and Gareth are in the credits as the ep starts proper. Eve would have already had her name in Doctor Who though.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      You'd think the Doctor would have sensed if Donna was a Time Lady. And having her be "hidden" like the Master was would be flat-out stupid. Particularly since they just used that idea last year.
                      If she is new, she may not be a true Time Lady. So The Doctor may not be able to sense her... also (not sure on this) but if she is 'hidden by the watch' thingy, can another Time Lord sense them? Wouldn't she have to be 'unhidden'?

I agree it would be flat-out stupid but to me so is having Rose travel between dimensions (voids) that The Doctor said couldn't be breached any longer. I mean if it was that easy, as easy as it appears to be for Rose (and you watch confidential she ain't the only one doing some breaching) then why hasn't The Doctor done it himself? Why hasn't he at least tried?
                      Also, wouldn't Donna "dying" in front of the lorry have caused a few hiccups since she would have regenerated? Unless she's still "locked" in human form.
                      Maybe they can die when they are in human form like humans do. I have no idea but it is an interesting question. Mind you it wasn't as if they stayed on her face after she died... we only saw as much as RTD wanted us to see maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                        ^Well, at least we're getting some sort of preview tomorrow. Thank goodness.

One small thing I loved in this episode was the look on Donna's face when the Doctor and Rose were running towards each other. Donna totally gets how the Doctor feels about Rose and isn't threatened by it. Just another reason I love Donna.

I hope Donna sticks around for awhile, but I'm afraid the omens aren't good.
                        Donna feels more like a friend to the Doctor than the more Romantic overtones he had with Rose and to a much smaller degree Martha. I like the fact they seem like buddies that they could be drinking in a pub one night and saving the world another.

As for a Preview I say don't watch I want to know how this episode ends so badly I don't dare be spoiled.
                        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

I didn't know how they were going to top the Last of the Time Lords Trilogy from last year. Now I know. Epicness abounded, great character moments and one of the most fitting death scenes I've ever seen made this episode great.

Harriet Jones' last words were absolutely true to her character. I love that joke and the fact that the Daleks responded to it was probably the funniest thing I've seen in quite a while.

The Shadow Proclamation was a bit disappointing, but I don't think we've seen the last of them. I think they'll be a bit more impressive if they come in like the cavalry and wipe out a bunch of Daleks. Judoon to the rescue!

The Medusa Cascade was pretty much what I expected it to be, although I don't think we've seen the last of it either. The Doctor mentions visiting it as a young man of 90 and in Last of the Time Lords the Master said that the Doctor singlehandedly sealed the rift of the Medusa Cascade during the Time War. Also, it was mentioned that the secret of his name lies in the Medusa Cascade. Clearly the Doctor has strong ties to this location.

On a side note not related to the episode, I'm pretty sure that eventually, but possibly next season, we'll see the Time War. The one place and time he can never go to? Of course he has to go back there. The temptation for him (and the writers) would be too great.
                          Spoiler:
                          Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Double-you Tee Ef. And Wow.

!!!

Doctor! Donna! Rose! Martha! Jack! Sarah Jane! Gwen! Ianto! ToshMention! Luke! MariaClydeMention! Harriet Jones! Judoon! Davros! InsaneDalekCaan! Bees&lst planets & the Medusa Cascade & the Shadow Proclamation! squee.
                            Interesting choice, not bothering to explain all the spin off bits. And hoporay for Sarah Jane telling Mr Smith to stop with his annoying rituals, sigh.

I wonder. They made a point of mentioning the last time Earth was stolen.... that was by the Time Lords, wasn't it? The end of Trial of a Time Lord is a bit hazy cos Mel got on my nerves but I'm pretty sure it was them? And mentioning Callufrax from The Key to Time stories.... odd. Ah, and of coruse "why would anyone want Clom?" Ha.
                            Rose being jealous about Martha, tsk tsk.
                            Jack flirting with Sarah Jane (abnd being told off by Harriet Jones, brilliant), Donna asking about him, Gwen commenting about the Doctor - ha! And that settles it, Torchwood do know who the Doctor is.
                            "I am Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister."
                            "Yes, we know who you are. Exterminate!" that bit was completely hilarious.

Ah. And the regeneration. Mmph. Yeah, I'm worried. Well, I don't think the Beeb would lie in the press release saying David Tennant is in all the specials... but... ermph. I don't want DT to go!!
                            I was actualy expecting Rose to be exterminated. I mean, the both of them running towards each other with Rose's music... come on! Ah, well. I am hoping the companion who's gonna be "permenantly dead", as Dalek Caan put it, isn't going to be Martha, too much of a cop out.
                            Oooh and Dalek Caan! "I fleeeeeeew". All Daleks should be insane. It does them wonders. He's officially my favourite Dalek.

I want episode 13. And a trailer, damnit! they owe me a next time trailer! Gah!
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                              OK... Just breathe... Christmas special pictures...! (Spoilers, obviously...)
                              Thank you! That's just what I needed! I knew I'd seen pics somewhere but couldn't remember what was in them. But I'm still paranoid that this is some form of evil misdirection!

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                              But how do you stop a regeneration?
                              I really don't know - I wouldn't even guess at where to speculate. But I'm terribly impatient to find out!

HOWEVER, points off for Jack leaving his team behind WHEN THE DALEKS ARE COMING! Grrr. It isn't as if his teleport can't handle multiple people.
                              He didn't know. He didn't see the screen showing the saucer on the way and they didn't tell him. Bless them, they nobly let him go and do what needed doing... that's why when he was lauging and saying he was coming back, they didn't say anything and just looked serious and waved him off. They were sacrificing themselves... Bless.

Mind you, not really sure why cos they could have said something and gone with him and what difference would it have made really? Why did they need to stay at Torchwood?

Harriet Jones! Yay! I laughed loud enough that the people upstairs probably heard me when she identified herself to the Daleks and they said, "Yes. We know who you are." LMAO! Even the Daleks know! Too funny!
                              That was just brilliant. Loved it!

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              I WANT Ten to stick around but how does he get out of this????? (my guess being either the hand or Jack- there were so many shots of that hand, it has to come in to play somewhere)
                              I rather think the hand has to play into it somewhere cos the certainly deliberately panned past it/focused on it at least once. Foreshadowing?

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              The bit in the Shadow Proclamation was funny with the doctor speaking the alien language
                              Bit odd though cos the TARDIS translates everything? Sure we saw the Judoon speaking their own language in Smith and Jones but we weren't seeing it through the Doctor's eyes, as it were. So why, with the Doctor and Donna stood right there with the TARDIS, would the Judoon's words not get translated (and indeed, the Doctor's reply)? Feels a little bit like logic was ignored for the sake of a cool gag.
                              sigpic

Comment

I was absolutely blown away by this episode. I just recently started watching this show from the new series and onwards, and I am loving it!
                                The Crossovers was awsome (only seen Torchwood, not the other show though)
                                Can't wait until next week when the conclusion comes.
                                I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Working...
                                X