Partners in Crime (3001/401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
    Yeah for a cute episode! Generally, I am not a fan of the episodes where the writers aim for the younger members of the audience, but I thought this episode was quite amusing, and I kept cracking up at the Adipose.
    I feel the same, with PiC I feel they finally managed to make a episode aimed at the kids and make it watch able for adults as well.

I agree that I would like to see a companion with a normal mother, but I liked her granddad. Did they show Donna's father? I read online that this episode is 48 minutes long, and since SciFi only shows 41 minutes of programming, they likely killed a few scenes.
    The actor who played Donnas father sadly died during filming so story wise Donnas grandfather is filling that role.

Are the baby Adipose ever bad guys (besides cosuming bone in emergencies) or do they just wave as they did in most scenes? By the way, the knitted versions in other theards look quite good now that I've seen the originals.
    Nope they are just babies after all

The episode does have one "huh?" moment for me though, and that was the Rose-like person we saw at the end. That individual did not look much like Rose. Yes, she looked similar, but I agree that this Rose was a bit mannish. Did she say anything that Scifi cut? I just saw her stare blankly, turn, and fade out. Overall, I wasn't terribly impressed by her.
    Spoiler:
    That was Rose, and that will be explained at some point towards the end of the series
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Yeah for a cute episode! Generally, I am not a fan of the episodes where the writers aim for the younger members of the audience, but I thought this episode was quite amusing, and I kept cracking up at the Adipose.

I agree that the Donna/Doctor chase got a bit long-winded, and the miming scene was on the edge between cute and beyond hideous, and one second more would have tipped it the other way. Thankfully, it ended when it did. So far, I like Donna as a companion, but, then, I liked her in TRB.

I agree that I would like to see a companion with a normal mother, but I liked her granddad. Did they show Donna's father? I read online that this episode is 48 minutes long, and since SciFi only shows 41 minutes of programming, they likely killed a few scenes.

Are the baby Adipose ever bad guys (besides cosuming bone in emergencies) or do they just wave as they did in most scenes? By the way, the knitted versions in other theards look quite good now that I've seen the originals.

The episode does have one "huh?" moment for me though, and that was the Rose-like person we saw at the end. That individual did not look much like Rose. Yes, she looked similar, but I agree that this Rose was a bit mannish. Did she say anything that Scifi cut? I just saw her stare blankly, turn, and fade out. Overall, I wasn't terribly impressed by her.

I liked Partners in Crime better than Smith and Jones but less than New Earth. I'll give a 8.5 out a 10, but it was a great start for the season.

And about the companion preferences, I'm apparently disloyal. Rose was my first companion, and I enjoyed her presence at first; however, halfway through Series 2, I wanted to see her shoved out of an airlock at times. I was thrilled to see her go, and I liked Martha originally. However, after her pining and whining, especially in Human Nature, I was more than ready to trade her in for a new model. So far, I like Donna, and I hope that she doesn't develop feelings for the Doctor. I'm not sure I have a favorite companion unless it is Jack. I enjoy him more in Doctor Who than in Torchwood, and I wish he would travel with the good Doctor more.
      I'm so glad someone agrees with me that she looked blokey.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Ok I have to wonder what that was all about. When Donna went to tell someone about her car, she just happened to tell Rose. Then like a ghost she just dissappeared. What exactly happened?

Comment

She was probably returning to the alternate reality we last saw her in!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Do you mean she can go back and forth? From D. to D.

Comment

I don't think that she can go back and forth. I think the worlds are blending into each other. Rose was staring rather blankly, but her look would be appropriate if she were looking out of a window at something distant. She likely turned and went on with her life in her world but never saw or heard Donna.
              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by jakebolt View Post
                Do you mean she can go back and forth? From D. to D.
                We don't know. That's the whole point. It was supposed to be a mysterious tease. We won't know what's really happening there until later in the season.

I don't think that she can go back and forth. I think the worlds are blending into each other. Rose was staring rather blankly, but her look would be appropriate if she were looking out of a window at something distant. She likely turned and went on with her life in her world but never saw or heard Donna.
                Oh I dunno.. it looked like she could see/hear Donna. We'll just have to see I guess...
                sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. Torchwood has me expecting a higher body count per alien invasion, but this was a fun romp with only 2 casualties.

Donna running around trying to find The Doctor by following strange happenings is interesting, and she's quite good with her pseudo-psychic paper credit card.

I loved the bags upon bags she had packed. No other companion has had the sense to go home and pack before running off with a strange alien man in a blue box, but Donna had them ready and waiting.

I'm glad they acknowledged the past shippiness with the other companions, and Donna set the ground rules of being 'mates' in the British pub sense. The Doctor semi-dumbing down the necklace device to no one in particular and the camera shots of a large, vacant Tardis really struck home his loneliness. And he forgot inviting Donna to travel with him?! The man must have one in every port. Does he ever not invite young women to travel with him?

The plot itself was a bit childish, literally, but I especially enjoyed Donna putting up with The Doctor's slightly patronizing 'You're not smart enough to help me' tone and asking what she could do to help, what he needed, and giving it to him. The parallel investigations were cool, as was the bathroom reveal. And what was with those security guys? Shoot holes in the centre of a wooden door and then it falls down like it doesn't have hinges? Er? And wasn't that big underground serviceway the same one The Doctor and Donna were running down during their Xmas special?

I assume Rose was a projection, just like The Doctor did to reach her. I wonder what her appearance has to do with the disappearance of the bees? I hope she and The Doctor never meet, and that she only interacts with Donna and Martha. Their separation is tragic, getting them back together wouldn't serve any purpose. The Doctor never got to say what he wanted to her but they both know, leave it at that.

High hopes for Donna as a companion.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Did I mention the Adipose were flying a Walkers of Sigma 957 ship? Either that or Earthforce One. I love Babylon 5 crossovers.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

DOCTOR
                      The last time, with Martha, like I said it... it got complicated. And that was all my fault. I just want a mate.

DONNA (shocked disgust)
                      You just want TO MATE???

DOCTOR
                      I just want a mate!

DONNA
                      You're not mating with me, sunshine!

DOCTOR
                      A mate, I want a mate!

hillirous
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        DOCTOR
                        The last time, with Martha, like I said it... it got complicated. And that was all my fault. I just want a mate.

DONNA (shocked disgust)
                        You just want TO MATE???

DOCTOR
                        I just want a mate!

DONNA
                        You're not mating with me, sunshine!

DOCTOR
                        A mate, I want a mate!

hillirous
                        yea i agree thats funny i love the doctor and donna its a very funny combo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                          yea i agree thats funny i love the doctor and donna its a very funny combo
                          yea it fun having two funny people together

Catherine really worked out well on the series
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This episode was a bit of a disappointment. Not an auspicious beginning to series 4 of Doctor Who.

The whole fat babies plot was kinda stupid.

Comment

hmm yes it was kind of. donna still hadn't won me over at this time but the doctor and Donna talking across the room was so good.
                              sigpic

Comment

theDoctor's and Donna mimed conversation is just small taste of the humor that is to come this season

fun ep making you think the doc and donna were working together

Comment

Working...
                                X