Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*blushes*
    FO Bennett called me "dear"

I know what you mean - I still worry every time I get an injection.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

For a multi million drug biusness, foster could only get 2 guards???
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
        For a multi million drug biusness, foster could only get 2 guards???
        She was trying not to draw unwanted attention, having a army of guards in a call centre detracts from that
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I hate Donna. Love Rose. Love Martha. Oh the pain :*(

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
            I hate Donna. Love Rose. Love Martha. Oh the pain :*(
            Is that because you came to who with Rose as the assistant? A straw poll of my offline acquaintences shows that we all like our first assistant a lot and it takes time to adjust to the change.

Strangely not so much for the Doctors. My favourite is John Pertwee, but I know that he wasn't my first doctor. (favourite assistant.... hmmm... I'd have to think about that)

sigpic

Comment

Rose was my "first" Companion but by the end I loathed her and wished her massive eternal suffering damnation. Liked Martha and am liking Donna so far. So there.

Comment

Sarah-Jane was my first assistant, I'll always love her, I liked Ace and Tegan too, I couldn't stand Mel and Peri

Comment

Romana was my first. But so many other programmes I watched - Play School, Blue Peter, Blakes Seven - had changing presenters or main characters, that I thought little of it when Romana left; par for the course.

My favourite old companion was Teegan. It's a bit hard to say who my favourite new one is, because I like Donna better than I did Rose or Martha at this stage; but if I'm allowed to count Mickey and Jack, then... my reply has to be anyone but Rose.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                    Is that because you came to who with Rose as the assistant? A straw poll of my offline acquaintences shows that we all like our first assistant a lot and it takes time to adjust to the change.

Strangely not so much for the Doctors. My favourite is John Pertwee, but I know that he wasn't my first doctor. (favourite assistant.... hmmm... I'd have to think about that)
                    Rose was my "first", but so far I love all three of them - and a fair number of the old companions.

Other than Mel. Eurgh, Mel. I mean, I'm not crazy about Jo, Teegan, Leelahand Peri either, but there's them and then there's... Mel.
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Teegan used to annoy the pants off me (still does). I liked Leela too. And Adric. And Romana. Sarah-Jane. K9. Micky...

sigpic

Comment

I was fairly neutral to Rose in season 1 but began to dislike her in season 2... Martha on the other hand was awesome.... well when she wasnt pining after the Doctor.

Its too early to have a verdict on Donna yet, I'll have a better idea about her after Saturday night
                        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                          I was fairly neutral to Rose in season 1 but began to dislike her in season 2... Martha on the other hand was awesome.... well when she wasnt pining after the Doctor.

Its too early to have a verdict on Donna yet, I'll have a better idea about her after Saturday night
                          wow, i couldn't have further different opinions of you. i hated rose in 1, liked her in 2, and was rather indifferent to martha.
                          i feel donna is 100 times better than she was in the runaway bride, and i get better feelings about her family than roses or marthas (i hated both their families) and i think that is important.
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                            i feel donna is 100 times better than she was in the runaway bride, and i get better feelings about her family than roses or marthas (i hated both their families) and i think that is important.
                            Have to agree with you there. Donna was just plain annoying in runaway bride, really got on my nerves. She is like a different person now, and since she has made it clear she doesn't want to 'mate' with the doctor hopefully we won't have to endure the whole companion falling for the doctor thing again.

I didn't mind Roses family too much, but Marthas mum is an annoying cow, and Donnas grandma seemed a bit the same, but her gramps was just hilarious at the end of the episode, hopefully we see a bit more of him, he could be a really cool character.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                              Have to agree with you there. Donna was just plain annoying in runaway bride, really got on my nerves. She is like a different person now, and since she has made it clear she doesn't want to 'mate' with the doctor hopefully we won't have to endure the whole companion falling for the doctor thing again.
                              Exactly, though I am with holding judgement on the "new" Donna until I see her in a serious episode

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                              I didn't mind Roses family too much, but Marthas mum is an annoying cow, and Donnas grandma seemed a bit the same, but her gramps was just hilarious at the end of the episode, hopefully we see a bit more of him, he could be a really cool character.
                              Roses family grew on me I could of done without Micky though. As for Marthas mum it was vital to the plot that she came across as a annoying cow thankfully she didnt show up that much.

Donnas family seem awesome Gramps is a legend, and I like Donnas mum (at least I thought it was her mum )

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                                Exactly, though I am with holding judgement on the "new" Donna until I see her in a serious episode

Roses family grew on me I could of done without Micky though. As for Marthas mum it was vital to the plot that she came across as a annoying cow thankfully she didnt show up that much.

Donnas family seem awesome Gramps is a legend, and I like Donnas mum (at least I thought it was her mum )
                                yeah... do you know if he's the same character as was in VotD? i can't remember if it was referenced in the ep.
                                Spoiler:
                                Disclaimer:
                                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                                Quotes!
                                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X