Partners in Crime (3001/401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
    as has the outpost gallifrey forums.....
    Oh, good... it's not just me, then. I was thinking I got banned or something. I couldn't imagine what I'd done to get banned, but not being able to sign in made me think maybe I had.

But, if it's not just me, then I guess I've not earned myself a kick out the door.

As for the episode, Marks out of 10, I'd give it a 7.

There's some brilliant stuff there, mixed with some OTT silliness, and a couple moments at the end that earned exclamations from me ("Mad Martha" being one of them... some of y'all from the States probably know why), and of course, the glimpse of Rose (I'd not expected her so soon) had me tearing up a bit. I hadn't realized until just then how much I missed her. And to have that Doomsday riff playing as she faded off into the night...

Aw, man. Nothing gets me like Doctor Who. Nothing.
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
      Oh, good... it's not just me, then. I was thinking I got banned or something. I couldn't imagine what I'd done to get banned, but not being able to sign in made me think maybe I had.

But, if it's not just me, then I guess I've not earned myself a kick out the door.

As for the episode, Marks out of 10, I'd give it a 7.

There's some brilliant stuff there, mixed with some OTT silliness, and a couple moments at the end that earned exclamations from me ("Mad Martha" being one of them... some of y'all from the States probably know why), and of course, the glimpse of Rose (I'd not expected her so soon) had me tearing up a bit. I hadn't realized until just then how much I missed her. And to have that Doomsday riff playing as she faded off into the night...

Aw, man. Nothing gets me like Doctor Who. Nothing.
      its working for me now....

are you stuck on the log on screen? if so click on the doctor who forum banner up top it should take you into the index.

They are having some server troubles apparently
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
        its working for me now....

are you stuck on the log on screen? if so click on the doctor who forum banner up top it should take you into the index.

They are having some server troubles apparently
        I'm in now, cheers for the heads up.
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I must just the one of the odd ones here I liked it yes the plot was blah but the whole mouthing thing with Mrs Foster watching I found funny the Adipose things were too cute I want to have one for a pet. Donna having all her stuff packed and ready to travel. I also Loved that the Dr and Donna defined their relationship. Plus Rose was there yes she looked off but still she was there we saw her and to me that is enough.
          sigpic

Comment

Rosseee!!!!
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

i have to say, i was really hoping for foster to be the rani, was kinda stupid to have someone like that (with a sonic pen!!) not be a timelord and be a stupid nanny...that was just stupid

i liked roses cameo though , have always liked rose and wish she hadnt been cut

Comment

Classic Doctor Who sure it was a bit silly but David Tenet has always been a bit sillier than your average Doctor. Very happy with Season four looking forward to more. not sure what to make of Rose yet but I had read some where that Micky might be back this season I guess if Rose is back it makes sense he would be too.

Also I think the Actress that played rose left the show because she didn't want to get typecast.
                Last edited by Night Marshal; 06 April 2008, 12:08 AM.
                "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Oh, Russel T Davies, you mad sadistic genius.

Loved this episode. I like the big silly ones with the big silly aliens like this one or last year's Smith & Jones.
                  I adore Donna. I want to marry her adn have her children - that scene they finally find each other was more than briliant... as was the scene with her taking all of her suitcases and dropping them ont he Doctor. I so love where this Doctor-companion relatinoship is going

And oh, yeah. The cameo. Mad sadistic genius, did I mention it by now?
                  SQUEE!
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

During the Blink ep I was getting worried that the programme was getting a bit too scary for my girls (heck, it scared the pants off me) so I was glad that this was a bit cute.

I want the writers and PTB to just get over flaming Rose. She was good for the 2 seasons, but overshadowed Martha (who I loved) and if she's going to overshadow Donna as well I am Going To Be Very Cross Indeed.

As for the bee comment. Donna established that she has been checking out weird stories on the internet in the hopes of meeting The Doctor. When she also mentioned that all the bees had gone, he just said "what?"

For me that meant he hadn't heard of that - yet - but I think it will tie in to the giant hornet thing that we saw in the trailers. Blimey, could we have a thinking assistant who spots things The Doctor didn't.

Also, thinking back - I loved her "what do you need, what have we got" attitude. That's the way to go.
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Donna has quashed most of my misgivings about her casting here...Nowhere near as annoying as I feared, and actually quite likeable at times! I loved the scene when she finally found the Doctor again.

Not too fond of the monsters themselves though. They were a bit too silly - my parents gave up on the episode as soon as they saw them. Although the scene where they got beamed up onto the spaceship made me smile anyway.

Also......ROSE! Totally unexpected and totally brilliant.

A better opener than New Earth and Smith and Jones, IMO.

Comment

Well, Donna wasn't as bad as I feared, pity I can't say the same about the episode. The only good bit was the doctor and Donna's miming and it being broken up by the 'nanny'.
                        You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
                        And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Doctor Who is back, and on Great Form!

Donna is alot better than the Christmas one, and her and the doctor have a great "friendly" relationship developing, Love the end scene

Doctor "I just want a mate"
                          Dona "Your not mating with me"
                          Doctor "NO 'A' Mate"
                          Dona "oh good as your a skinny alien nothing"

As for the story I liked it, It was a fun idea, and had a alien invasion which was not really "evil" If teh concept worked it would be a good deal, you lose your fat and make life from it. But what the nanny was doing made it bad.
                          I loved the CGI, and the alien crowd scnes, sure they where cute, but it worked as they was badies, and it was something diffrent! As Russel T Davis said "we have done big scary monsters b4".

I am now really looking forward to this series, Doctor Who just gets better and better!
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I love it! I looked forward to Donna and I wasn´t disappointed.

Spoiler:
                            Their "almost-meeting" or Donna´s suitcases were great, and their pantomima, too I think this will be nice change after the young companions who fell for the doctor instantly. In the minute he started to be sentimental, she stopped him. That´s great.
                            Oh, and Rose! I didn´t expect that at all!

How I was sad after TW, I am excited now.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I'm glad that Tate's acting has cleared up your doubts over her character. I wonder if she gets worried about being typecast for her own show?
                              Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                              LOVE HIM-> DT
                              ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
                                I'm glad that Tate's acting has cleared up your doubts over her character. I wonder if she gets worried about being typecast for her own show?
                                I don't know? But I noticed hints of her Sketch Show characters peeking through on some of the stuff she said, I don't think it was intentinal however.

Still I has very impressed by her, and I like how she and the Doctor are decoming friends, rather than being another romanic situation!
                                It may allow us to see a very diffrent side of the doctor, and allow him to tell her stuff he would not of told Rose and Martha.
                                sigpic
                                Banner Made By Me for Me
                                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X