Partners in Crime (3001/401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
    yeah... do you know if he's the same character as was in VotD? i can't remember if it was referenced in the ep.
    His the same character , though it wasnt mentioned the episode cos it was meant to Donnas Dad who whose in TRB but the actor died whilst filming so they stuck Bernad Cribbins in instead.
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
      His the same character , though it wasnt mentioned the episode cos it was meant to Donnas Dad who whose in TRB but the actor died whilst filming so they stuck Bernad Cribbins in instead.
      oh no bernard cribbins rules though. was he going to be in a later episode, or did they just do a quick rewrite of the dad character throughout the whole series do you know?
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

quick rewrite through out I believe
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

well, it's a shame about the cause, but i'm happy about the effect
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

WOW this was a great ep!

great intro to the new donna, and i loved the beginning when the pair kept missing each other. and when they saw each other through the windows and were miming i was rolling around laughing so hard. they're both such great actors, i think this season is gonna be tops

and ROSE! OMG rose! hologram rose!
            "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
            "what?"
            *throat punch*
            My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
            LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

That reminds me, WTF is up with RTD's Mommy issues? Rose's mum was annoying, Martha's mum was irritating and now Donna's mum (it is mum, yes?) is obnoxious. Just once I'd like to have a Companion with a NICE family. Or are we meant to believe that the people with nice families wouldn't have a need to travel with the Doctor? 'Cos damn, that'd shoot my chances straight to hell.

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                WOW this was a great ep!

great intro to the new donna, and i loved the beginning when the pair kept missing each other. and when they saw each other through the windows and were miming i was rolling around laughing so hard. they're both such great actors, i think this season is gonna be tops

and ROSE! OMG rose! hologram rose!
                The only good part of the episode? ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  That reminds me, WTF is up with RTD's Mommy issues? Rose's mum was annoying, Martha's mum was irritating and now Donna's mum (it is mum, yes?) is obnoxious. Just once I'd like to have a Companion with a NICE family. Or are we meant to believe that the people with nice families wouldn't have a need to travel with the Doctor? 'Cos damn, that'd shoot my chances straight to hell.
                  He said on Confidential he loves having mothers and daughters sniping at each other. guess that's the basis of it
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Just caught this on iplayer.

1. OK I can buy Donna going into the supernatural investigation business.

2. The scene with the miming was a bit dodgy though.

3. Fair enough plot, not like the Doctor can punish the Adipose themselves, they're probably not aware of how they're born.

4. "Hang on...is that Rose...what the hell..."

OK enough starter but am expecting better eps before the series is out.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                      Just caught this on iplayer.

1. OK I can buy Donna going into the supernatural investigation business.

2. The scene with the miming was a bit dodgy though.

3. Fair enough plot, not like the Doctor can punish the Adipose themselves, they're probably not aware of how they're born.

4. "Hang on...is that Rose...what the hell..."

OK enough starter but am expecting better eps before the series is out.
                      I think this season is going to be even stronger than season 3 the season premieres for Who are always a little bit out there and silly

Comment

Regarding first companions, my first companion was Rose, and I like all three (four if you count Jack!) for different reasons. I have a suspicion that Donna will win out over Martha, but still too early to tell. Great start for her though with this ep, and Gramps is the best family member. Loved him, and I want to see him again this series (and I've never said that about family members).

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                          For a multi million drug biusness, foster could only get 2 guards???
                          That is a good point. I think they were her personal body guards but yeah the whole buliding or suite only has two?

My first companion on Who was Jo Grant (Katy Manning...eg Barry Crocker's partner)... I am hoping to meet her in November in Brisvegas where I am also hoping to meet David Hewlett.

*wonders if she would sign that photo*

Comment

Overall, for a season premiere it was expectedly rather "eventful yet uneventful". By that I mean something really big happened (for season 3, a hospital was transported to the moon), and it will be forgotten in the future (I don't recall the event being mentioned since the episode aired). More or less, it's only the beginning and I won't get too concerned until episodes 8 or 9, if things haven't started building up yet. But
                            Spoiler:
                            from what I understand, RTD has stated that this year there will be elements from every episode dealing with the finale, no big binding words, with "small but vital references going all the way back to series one." Also something about the Medusa Cascade coming back to haunt us.

Overall, what I expected in terms of quality this early in the season. looking forward to episodes 4-6, and onward.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                              Overall, for a season premiere it was expectedly rather "eventful yet uneventful". By that I mean something really big happened (for season 3, a hospital was transported to the moon), and it will be forgotten in the future (I don't recall the event being mentioned since the episode aired). More or less, it's only the beginning and I won't get too concerned until episodes 8 or 9, if things haven't started building up yet. But
                              Spoiler:
                              from what I understand, RTD has stated that this year there will be elements from every episode dealing with the finale, no big binding words, with "small but vital references going all the way back to series one." Also something about the Medusa Cascade coming back to haunt us.

Overall, what I expected in terms of quality this early in the season. looking forward to episodes 4-6, and onward.
                              spoilers for ep 2

Spoiler:
                              it seems by episode 2 we've already had 2 references to planets that have been "lost"!!!
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              Quotes!
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah for a cute episode! Generally, I am not a fan of the episodes where the writers aim for the younger members of the audience, but I thought this episode was quite amusing, and I kept cracking up at the Adipose.

I agree that the Donna/Doctor chase got a bit long-winded, and the miming scene was on the edge between cute and beyond hideous, and one second more would have tipped it the other way. Thankfully, it ended when it did. So far, I like Donna as a companion, but, then, I liked her in TRB.

I agree that I would like to see a companion with a normal mother, but I liked her granddad. Did they show Donna's father? I read online that this episode is 48 minutes long, and since SciFi only shows 41 minutes of programming, they likely killed a few scenes.

Are the baby Adipose ever bad guys (besides cosuming bone in emergencies) or do they just wave as they did in most scenes? By the way, the knitted versions in other theards look quite good now that I've seen the originals.

The episode does have one "huh?" moment for me though, and that was the Rose-like person we saw at the end. That individual did not look much like Rose. Yes, she looked similar, but I agree that this Rose was a bit mannish. Did she say anything that Scifi cut? I just saw her stare blankly, turn, and fade out. Overall, I wasn't terribly impressed by her.

I liked Partners in Crime better than Smith and Jones but less than New Earth. I'll give a 8.5 out a 10, but it was a great start for the season.

And about the companion preferences, I'm apparently disloyal. Rose was my first companion, and I enjoyed her presence at first; however, halfway through Series 2, I wanted to see her shoved out of an airlock at times. I was thrilled to see her go, and I liked Martha originally. However, after her pining and whining, especially in Human Nature, I was more than ready to trade her in for a new model. So far, I like Donna, and I hope that she doesn't develop feelings for the Doctor. I'm not sure I have a favorite companion unless it is Jack. I enjoy him more in Doctor Who than in Torchwood, and I wish he would travel with the good Doctor more.
                                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                                X