No announcement yet.

Partners in Crime (3001/401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved the Adipose. They seemed so friendly. I was particularly pleased to learn that the parents didn't approve of the way their offspring were being spawned, because I want the Adipose to be good creatures - the Whoniverse seems to have more bad aliens than good.

Still, a gloriously sick way for them to be 'born'. Poor pill-popping-people. That chap who said he lost his weight at 1:10am - bless'im, he was a pet.

I liked Bernard Cribbins turning out to be Donnas Grandad. It made the end of the episode especially sweet.

Donna herself was splendid. I enjoyed the mouthing scene - enough mugging to be silly fun, but still plausible. I LOL'd at the hatbox. I thought what she said about going to Egypt and how her life hadn't changed and she was n't really managing to change it like she'd expected, was touching and gave her depth.

I'd not been looking forward to the return of Rose in the finale; I found that the return of Rose 11 or 12 episodes before I'd expected it was a good deal more enjoyable than I'd have thought possible. Was she really 'there'? Did she hear a word Donna said? Why was she there? A mystery is so much better than the Doctor going looking for her.

What's all that about the Bees then? <-- that's confused in a good way.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
      I loved the Adipose. They seemed so friendly. I was particularly pleased to learn that the parents didn't approve of the way their offspring were being spawned, because I want the Adipose to be good creatures - the Whoniverse seems to have more bad aliens than good.
      I got the impression that the Adipose parents were fine with using a stage five world, and just eliminated Ms Foster to remove witness's... either one works though

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
      What's all that about the Bees then? <-- that's confused in a good way.
      I think its a reference to the theory of Colony Collapse Disorder. Whereby if Bees disappear completely civilisation will collapse within 5 years as crops are no longer pollinated and we run out of food... how this plays into season 4 I have no idea mind
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
        I got the impression that the Adipose parents were fine with using a stage five world, and just eliminated Ms Foster to remove witness's... either one works though
        That's how I read it as well. It wasn't that they were unhappy, they just wanted any accomplices removed and out of the picture. After all, if Foster was out, then they could claim ignorance.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Cheesy episode and while Donna was less annoying then in "Runaway Bride" I still have some problems to reaslly warm up to her.

Three hurrays for the mentioning of Martha
          50 hurrays for ROOOOOOOSE!

but why did she look so sad and fade away. Did she find some way to contact this world from the alternate universe? I want herr back :hugs Rose:
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

On a side note, did anyone else like the way she fiddled with her glasses? The clacking they made just sounded 'cool' to me. And the way she folded them... she was just playing with them all the time. Made her seem more sinister...
            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
            LOVE HIM-> DT
            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
              Words fail me. Or rather the words don't fail me, I just can't use them because the nannynet will delete them and I'll get told off by the mods. That has to be the worst episode of Doctor Who I have ever seen in all the years I have watched the show. Even the terrible eps with Sylvester McCoy were better than this pile of (insert required swear word here).

I would list what was wrong with the show, but I think the list of what was right would be easier.

1. The music was good

2. Um...

If this is the level this show is going to maintain then I think it's going to lose a lot of viewers over the next few weeks.
              To be honest my initial reaction was similar (although what the hell is wrong with Sylvester McCoy? Hmm? ) but after I realised that yeah this is really a kids show, I mean seriously this was one of those eps for the kids not really the adult members of the audience.

Well I got over my disappointment... although can you imagine the out cry if this was a Torchwood ep? My god folks would knock it from here to Cardiff and call it a pile of rubbish.

As plots go non event, big black hole of nothing. Mindless even! I do expect more from Doctor Who.

Really this was just a means to an end. Get Donna in the TARDIS. Show Rose crossing dimensions or whatever she was doing (how convenient that she can do that hey) Yes you guessed it not happy about all the little companions coming back again. *cough* cheap stunt *cough*

On Donna, I guess I am showing my age but it is really nice to have an older companion for The Doctor the change will be nice. And thankfully no shipping but then again
              Spoiler:
              with both Rose and Martha (and Jack and SJS) appearing this series can you really say there will be no shipping?

I liked the way Donna and The Doctor met again, very funny and I have no idea what Donna was trying to say to him but it was funny I will give them that.

Has Tate been to see Myles hairdresser? Their hair styles are very similar.

Love the new take on the theme. Wow, talk about awesome.

Looking forward to next week.

BTW: The actress who played the nanny... Rose from "Rose and Maloney" and next week the actor who plays Maloney... from "Rose and Maloney" Yes I did like that show.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                To be honest my initial reaction was similar (although what the hell is wrong with Sylvester McCoy? Hmm? ) but after I realised that yeah this is really a kids show, I mean seriously this was one of those eps for the kids not really the adult members of the audience.

Well I got over my disappointment... although can you imagine the out cry if this was a Torchwood ep? My god folks would knock it from here to Cardiff and call it a pile of rubbish.

As plots go non event, big black hole of nothing. Mindless even! I do expect more from Doctor Who.

Really this was just a means to an end. Get Donna in the TARDIS. Show Rose crossing dimensions or whatever she was doing (how convenient that she can do that hey) Yes you guessed it not happy about all the little companions coming back again. *cough* cheap stunt *cough*

On Donna, I guess I am showing my age but it is really nice to have an older companion for The Doctor the change will be nice. And thankfully no shipping but then again
                Spoiler:
                with both Rose and Martha (and Jack and SJS) appearing this series can you really say there will be no shipping?

I liked the way Donna and The Doctor met again, very funny and I have no idea what Donna was trying to say to him but it was funny I will give them that.

Has Tate been to see Myles hairdresser? Their hair styles are very similar.

Love the new take on the theme. Wow, talk about awesome.

Looking forward to next week.

BTW: The actress who played the nanny... Rose from "Rose and Maloney" and next week the actor who plays Maloney... from "Rose and Maloney" Yes I did like that show.
                I've never known what was wrong with McCoy's era either... apart from the candyman.... ERGH... although, as a child... that WOULD have scared me to death... I remember a tv advert for liquirish allsorts where everyones head turned into a giant smiling allsort sweet apart from one person and it TERRIFIED me, so the candyman would have been the only enemy to ever have be behind the sofa... too bad I never saw it as a kid eh?

Anyway I digress...

I agree this wasn't an adults ep... and for those who insist Who is a family show, well... yes it is... but I would argue that the Utopia trilogy, Blink, and Human Nature were very grown up. I think... Who season premiers are meant to be the kid friendly ep... I mean, apart from Rose (which I DID like...) the rest were VERY silly and childish. Zombies and Catpeople, Rhino police and Straw-Using-Vampires, and now cuddly fatballs. I'm certainly not going to judge the rest of S4 to be of this standard, because at the end of the day, as mediocre as this ep was, it was amusing.

What does concern me is Wose. *ahem* Sorry, Rose. Apart from her LOOKING LIKE A MAN!!!!!! I just don't understand her being there. No other companion has had this level of importance.... EVEN ADRIC WHO DIED only effected the doctor for two 25 minute episodes before he was right as rain. That's what happens. I get the good Doctor LIKED Rose because she was the first loving person he met after the Time War... but really. Judging by that scene she's going to come back and be all bolshy and moody, telling the doctor off for seeing other women (Martha & Donna) and just being like she was in Rise of the Cybermen regarding Lucy. Who is NOT meant to be a soap. Companions are not that important. They're really, REALLY not.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

:shrugs: I really had no prolems with this episode being cheesy. Yes it was clearly an episode that would make the kids more happy then the adult but after all that drama from yesterday I didn't need more darkness.
                  He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                  He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                  And he's wonderful.

Comment

What the hell have the done to the theme music, bring back the old one please.

I enjoyed this episode it wasn't too bad for an opener, the adipose were cute, hmm now where's that white wool, I could maybe have one made by next week, if I could be assed and if Alex could be bothered to tear herself away fro the WRC and watched the ep enough times to fall in love with the Adipose, but I digress, it's great to see Bernard Cribbins back and I hope he's in a few episodes, not too sure about Donna's mum, she's like an older version of Jackie. I liked Donna and the Doctor missing each other it added a little comedy. I have to say I wasn't sure about Donna but I liked her more in this than I did the Runaway Bride and thank f**k for no shipping.

As for Rose, I can't say I'm glad to see her back, but I think she maybe this year's 'Bad Wolf/Torchwood/Mr Saxon, a glimpse of blond hair here, the sound of her voice there, face in the crowd somewhere else, that kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                      What the hell have the done to the theme music, bring back the old one please.

I enjoyed this episode it wasn't too bad for an opener, the adipose were cute, hmm now where's that white wool, I could maybe have one made by next week, if I could be assed and if Alex could be bothered to tear herself away fro the WRC and watched the ep enough times to fall in love with the Adipose, but I digress, it's great to see Bernard Cribbins back and I hope he's in a few episodes, not too sure about Donna's mum, she's like an older version of Jackie. I liked Donna and the Doctor missing each other it added a little comedy. I have to say I wasn't sure about Donna but I liked her more in this than I did the Runaway Bride and thank f**k for no shipping.

As for Rose, I can't say I'm glad to see her back, but I think she maybe this year's 'Bad Wolf/Torchwood/Mr Saxon, a glimpse of blond hair here, the sound of her voice there, face in the crowd somewhere else, that kind of thing.
                      I may have to burn my eyes out if Rose is indeed this year's Saxon.

It's badwolf all over again. *cries*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        What does concern me is Wose. *ahem* Sorry, Rose. Apart from her LOOKING LIKE A MAN!!!!!! I just don't understand her being there. No other companion has had this level of importance.... EVEN ADRIC WHO DIED only effected the doctor for two 25 minute episodes before he was right as rain. That's what happens. I get the good Doctor LIKED Rose because she was the first loving person he met after the Time War... but really. Judging by that scene she's going to come back and be all bolshy and moody, telling the doctor off for seeing other women (Martha & Donna) and just being like she was in Rise of the Cybermen regarding Lucy. Who is NOT meant to be a soap. Companions are not that important. They're really, REALLY not.
                        Well... I have my concerns regarding the Rose thing and it could be overplayed if they're not careful... but, tbh, I think you're reading a lot into a 5 second appearance. I totally didn't get the "bolshy and moody, jealous of other women" vibe from her brief appearance in Partners in Crime. I felt the whole point of her appearance was simply foreshadowing... teasing the heck out of the viewers with a "What? How the heck is that possible? What's happening here?!" moment. She wasn't around long enough, or interacting with anyone long enough, to get a feel for what her mood or agenda is going to be...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                          Well... I have my concerns regarding the Rose thing and it could be overplayed if they're not careful... but, tbh, I think you're reading a lot into a 5 second appearance. I totally didn't get the "bolshy and moody, jealous of other women" vibe from her brief appearance in Partners in Crime. I felt the whole point of her appearance was simply foreshadowing... teasing the heck out of the viewers with a "What? How the heck is that possible? What's happening here?!" moment. She wasn't around long enough, or interacting with anyone long enough, to get a feel for what her mood or agenda is going to be...
                          I got the impression that she wasnt really there, but appeared to be there due to the walls between the alternate universes weakening.

slight season finale spoilers
                          Spoiler:
                          also explains how Rose, Jackie and Micky show up at the end of the season
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                            I may have to burn my eyes out if Rose is indeed this year's Saxon.

It's badwolf all over again. *cries*
                            There is no Bad Wolf/Torchwood/Saxon thing this year. From the newest edition of the Doctor Who Magazine:

Mildly vague spoilers:
                            Spoiler:
                            In terms of story arcs, Series Four takes a somewhat different approach to previous series. There are no big, binding words like 'Bad Wolf', 'Torchwood', or 'Mr Saxon'. This time, it's cumulative; an element from every episode - whether it's a person, a phrase, a question, a planet, or a mystery - builds up to the grand finale. Russell says: "You've got to watch and listen closely. It's been seeded for a long time, with small but vital references going all the way back to Series One. And remember the Master, in Last of the Time Lords, mentioning the Medusa Cascade? Oh, that's going to come back to haunt us..."
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              There is no Bad Wolf/Torchwood/Saxon thing this year. From the newest edition of the Doctor Who Magazine:

Mildly vague spoilers:
                              Spoiler:
                              In terms of story arcs, Series Four takes a somewhat different approach to previous series. There are no big, binding words like 'Bad Wolf', 'Torchwood', or 'Mr Saxon'. This time, it's cumulative; an element from every episode - whether it's a person, a phrase, a question, a planet, or a mystery - builds up to the grand finale. Russell says: "You've got to watch and listen closely. It's been seeded for a long time, with small but vital references going all the way back to Series One. And remember the Master, in Last of the Time Lords, mentioning the Medusa Cascade? Oh, that's going to come back to haunt us..."
                              Care to mention that here? http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=53695

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Done.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X