The Ties That Bind (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pynapl View Post
    Starbuck really seems to be the glue that holds him together. It's almost as though she's the reason (or partly the reason) he's so adamant on remaining true to Sam Anders, pyramid all-star, leader of the rebellion on Caprica, etc., etc. There's something to say about a guy who refuses to throw the towel in after his wife throws all the abuse she has in his direction--and even something better to say when that same man figures out he's a cylon, and he still won't budge in his commitment to her.
    I agree. It's really made me appreciate his character so much more. I was largely indifferent when he was first introduced, but I have to say he's becoming a favorite character of mine. Which means he's likely to die.

I also wonder how much of the Chief's humanity was wrapped up into his commitment to Cally. I know he has Nicky, but I fear that Tory will attempt to manipulate him somehow, or his own programming will begin to influence him, or something...the last time he had suspicions he was a Cylon he reacted violently. What's he going to become now that he knows he is one, and his family is shattered?

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    Ah, but we the viewers know the secret with Anders. We have no idea what the secret is with Starbuck and her return. Maybe it will be a dual reveal and they can have a wtf!-off.
    I think you may be onto something here.

Originally posted by Chev's Ron View Post
    Unfortunately with all the course corrections that Kara has been making, the atmosphere in the sewage ship "reeked" of Mutiny. If they are still with kara on the path to earth two episodes from now I will be surprised.
    I got that vibe too. Something has got to give.

Originally posted by Zepro View Post
    I don't suppose it's significant that Cally mentioned she hadn't slept properly ever since they entereted the Nebula?
    Sleeping too much, or not enough, are symptoms of depression, so I chalked it up to that.

Comment

Random thoughts on this episode:

So what was with Lee falling for Zarek's ploy and talking about that executive order thing?? I'm thinking there's something nefarious afoot.

Yea! No Baltar in this one!! Woo Hoo! Makes it one of my favorite episodes just for that.

What's going on with Caprica 6? Are we going to see her again soon?

The crew on the Demetrius look miserable. That's not going to go well.

Cylon civil war -- that can't be all of it. There must be more. Natalie was just introduced, can't believe they'd kill her off so quickly (but they've done stranger things).

Cally always annoyed me. Not that I liked her getting airlocked, but she always annoyed me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepro View Post
        I don't suppose it's significant that Cally mentioned she hadn't slept properly ever since they entereted the Nebula?
        i'm wondering if it ties into Kara somehow. If there's some people tha share a genetic makeup with kara of some sort that makes them succeptible/open to cylon info/broadcasting

like, what if kara and possibly callie are early generation 'half breeds'? a result of some sort of genetic manipulation from the first cylon war, some sort of test that's been left to run its course for years
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think it is kind of funny that Anders is the most human at this point of all the Cylons. I kind of expected him to be the one that lost it, especially when that Raider scanned him- I thought that triggered something in him. As it is though, he seems to be the one dealing with it the best and holding his humanity. Though I think he is trying so hard to get back with Kara as a means of compensating. He wants things to be like they used to be so he doesn't have to think about what he is. This gives him almost a bit of innocence, and I think it really will lead to him revealing himself to Kara.

As for Torry... she was always a nobody. Didn't mean anything to anyone and was always replaceable. Now though, she's not a nobody. She is letting the power goto her head.

Comment

I have to say I have liked Cally since the Mini but since She married the Cheif her character has been painful to watch not quite damsel in distress but not far from it. In a show of strong women Cally was was written like she could hardly doing anything for herself. And this is someone who is Second on Flight Deck, but we really haven't seen that much of that side of her of late.

As for this Episode I would have been so pissed if they let Cally live because it goes against every thing this show has set up. Making the Easy Violent decision rather than the Group hug kind of ending I was worried about. To say nothing of the fact that they set up the whole Episode to show Cally as off balance and on the verge of doing something crazy. The one thing I think Cally gets credit for is when she saw Tory was about to kill her she didn't fight it or scream or insult she should there and took it, and died with Honor.

And I have no problem with what Troy did she saved the baby and kept the secret thats what good cylons do.

Good bye Cally I wish your character was better written. But some how I doubt you will be the last one to die to keep the secret of the final 5.

As for the 6 & 8. This is Scifi if you don't see them get blown up that means there not dead simple as that.
            Last edited by Night Marshal; 20 April 2008, 04:50 PM.
            "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Now I'm wondering if Tori killing off Cally was truly spur of the moment. How did Tori know that Cally was in the hanger airlock? And why on earth do the Dylan 4 use notes to signal that they need to meet? Doesn't that seem awfully foolish to advertise? Could Tori have placed that note or put it back up after Tyrol took it down to entice Cally to follow them to the meeting?

If Tori did think this through, it leads to the question why Tori had it in for Cally. Did she see her as an eventual threat to the Dylan 4's secrecy? Was she developing an attachment to Tyrol and thought offing his wife was an acceptable next step?

Comment

why not use notes? tyrol was the only one of the four to have anyone that could 'eavesdrop' as it is. the rest are loners. Even though sam and kara are still married, kara's been gone for months, so he's alone too.

sigpic

Comment

Now I'm wondering if Tori killing off Cally was truly spur of the moment. How did Tori know that Cally was in the hanger airlock? And why on earth do the Dylan 4 use notes to signal that they need to meet? Doesn't that seem awfully foolish to advertise? Could Tori have placed that note or put it back up after Tyrol took it down to entice Cally to follow them to the meeting?
                  It appeared to me that not that much premeditation was involved. Tory was the only one of the Four that noticed the "off the hinge" access hatch to the crawlspace beside the Weapons locker (although the others seemed to hear the noise of the detritus that Cally accidentally kicked off of her precarious perch).

Being alerted that someone was likely eavesdropping, and already having been confronted by Cally earlier at Joe's Bar, Tory had reason to monitor Cally's movements. What followed was more spontaneous than elaborately premeditated.

Comment

What I found funny was starbuck being basically lost. All of last episode she was screaming I have a weird mumbojumbo connection and were going in the wrong direction.

Now she finally has her own ship and can't figure out which way to go. Heck aren't they supposed to jump back to a system they already explored? What happened to her sense?

Comment

Eh, episode was okay. Progressed the story a bit more, but still rather slow...even without the inclusion of Baltar.

Cally was never one of my favorite characters, and I had grown to really, really dislike her last season so the prospect of her being airlocked was very appealing. Course then we get to the episode that fulfills my wish and her death turns into a sad event.

I wasn't sure if BSG was going to push it and have her kill herself and the baby. That would have made her really despicable even though she was in a crazed, drugged out state.

Too bad though that she didn't go on and pushed the button while Tory was locked in there with her. I can't stand Tory, and I can't stand her as a FF. Chief didn't seem too broken up about finding out he was a Cylon. Well she really didn't and seems to be embracing it. Tyrol's revelation evidently didn't help things between he and Cally since she mentioned that that was when things for her got worse and she became so much more depressed. I wonder how her death will affect him knowing that he helped drive her to kill herself.

I don't think Tory will tell Tyrol the truth about her killing Cally. She probably didn't won't even reveal that Cally knew about them. (Though I suppose it will make her wonder if Cally told anyone else about them...so that might be reason enough to eventually reveal that Cally knew.)

I don't see them eliminating the 6s and 8s (and possibly even the 2s) this early...as well as the newly uninhibited Chromdomes (I'm assuming only the ones on 6's, etc. ships were freed from their inhibitors). That would make for one boring Cylon storyline as I don't like the three remaining Cylons.

Hmm they are going to have to do a better job with Lee's new story. He should have discussed that classified doc with Roslin first before calling her out on it like that. (The writers sure are driving a wedge between those two.) Sure he wants that to come to light but he could have at least come to her first. I guess I'll have to wait and see where this is going. Not sure why he'd be so concerned about her appointing people to serve as tribunal judges, at this point in time. Just who are we expecting to go on trial? Unless this is somehow going to eventually come in to play with the FF storyline. (Or will these tribunals also be required to make rulings on the "constitutionality" of laws that she may enact through executive power.)

And yeah, I loved how Zarek has been reduced to sitting at Roslin's right hand with nothing to do but bang the gavel. Had to chuckle at that.
                      Last edited by LoneStar1836; 19 April 2008, 11:20 AM.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

ok, completely stupid question, but I am old and forgetful, but what happened to this first human/cylon baby (i.e., is it back with the fleet?)

it seems like these hybrids are popping up all over the place...
                        Teal'c: Daniel Jackson's preliminary electroencephalogram proved anomalous.
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: I dare you to say that again.

Comment

Another thing: it's been confirmed that you can see the constellation Orion during the basestar battle. I can't believe something so blatant would be put in by accident.

Comment

Another thing: it's been confirmed that you can see the constellation Orion during the basestar battle. I can't believe something so blatant would be put in by accident.
                            Yeah I had read that. But wouldn't that mean they were close to earth? Orion only looks like Orion from earth doesn't it? I mean if we were on another planet, we couldn't see Orion. But it is very interesting.

I do think that Torry just really doesn't want to hang on to her humanity as much as Tyrol, Tigh and Anders do. So that will be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

orion would look like orion as long as you're 'in line' with earth...so you could be hundreds of light years away, but be in line with earth adn still see orion as we see it

sigpic

Comment

the big and little dipper was in the scene when starbuck was looking out the window

Comment

Working...
                                X