No announcement yet.

The Ties That Bind (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG continues to be the best show on TV. Pretty much amazes me every week.

Starbuck is one damaged chick. I could have sworn that in the picture she was painting, the largest of the 3 stars appeared to me at least to look like, a ship of lights from TOS.

Didn't really care for the Apollo story line. I would think that this being the final season, they wouldn't introduce so many storylines. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode, where they are making fun of Star Wars, the phantom menace and it was just a few hours of government procedure.

Was cool to see the cylon's fighting among themselves. I wonder if the Six and Boomer model are gone for good or were they able to be downloaded somewhere.

Nikki Clyne was really great in this episode, its a shame she's gone but damn what a way to go. I think Anders, Tyrol, and Tigh are trying to hold on to their humanity but Tori is fully embracing her cylon side or I think what she perceives as her cylon side.

Comment

Anyone else get shivers when Natalie said that it was time to unite the twelve models?

And in the (SPACE) preview for next weeks, looks like
      Spoiler:
      Colonel Tigh is having visions of Ellen in a Six wig/outfit!

Comment

Even though the characters are a complete mess, it in some ways makes some sense. In magine you've been stuck on the same boat in the ocean for four years, I'd know I will go nuts. Besides it makes the show interesting.
        Harmony to McKay: "Perhaps it would be best if you'd stop speaking, your voice hurts my ears."

Comment

Originally posted by wilsan View Post
          Even though the characters is a complete mess, it in some ways makes some sense. In magine you've been stuck on the same boat in the ocean for four years, I'd know I will go nuts. Besides it makes the show interesting.
          in the series i think only 2 and a half years have passed since the attacks and that includes one year on new caprica
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Occulus View Post
            Something just occurred to me. Torri : Final Five = Sharon Agathon : Skinjobs.

Can we get an *official* spelling for Torri/Tory/Tori, please?
            Huh? Sharon counts twice?

Anyway, it's "Tory". Most people here just use "Tori" because Tori Higgins is an actress on Stargate Atlantis (and this is Gateworld forum).

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              I hated him to! Roslin should be held accountable. But I hate seeing it, and I hate whoever's doing it. Though I still admire Lee for his intent. Confusing much?
              Yes, I think Roslin should be held accountable but what Lee was doing was more grandstanding than anything really productive. And smirking after he was finished? Dipwad, through and through. I'm convinced that he's gunning for her ever since he decided to out her in the trial. Why her in particular I'm not sure, perhaps her close ties to his dad and potential jealousy issues?

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
              That post is a little misleading. She did save the life of their son.
              I get the feeling that she only saved the child because it's a hybrid and/or because it's Tyrol's. Otherwise I bet she would have airlocked the kid too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                in the series i think only 2 and a half years have passed since the attacks and that includes one year on new caprica
                My bad
                Harmony to McKay: "Perhaps it would be best if you'd stop speaking, your voice hurts my ears."

Comment

Originally posted by wilsan View Post
                  Even though the characters are a complete mess, it in some ways makes some sense. In magine you've been stuck on the same boat in the ocean for four years, I'd know I will go nuts. Besides it makes the show interesting.
                  They're ALL frakked in the head to one degree or another at this point. That's perfectly natural.

If I had a choice of parallel universes to go to, the BSG universe would not be my 'happy place'.
                  Can ye tell me why th' pirate jokes are so funny?

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

next week should be very interesting. we get to see how our friend natalie survives. hm and what about leoben? i didnt see him anywhere. and the setup with apollo for the return of a certain character to get his buns in gear against rosslin. i dont see how cavil overrid the hybrids i dont think theyd have wanted to attacked natalie's squad of ships and was that the big and little dipper when starbuck looked out the window of the demetrius? was the ship of lights in the memory starbuck had? will the chief and cally's baby cry uncontrollable in tory's arms like the hybrid baby (forgot the name) cried in boomer's care? the one that wasnt her mother?

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooo!

I've hated Tory since her first appearance, and now I have even more reason to.

Not Cally, say it ain't so
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
                        Huh? Sharon counts twice?

Anyway, it's "Tory". Most people here just use "Tori" because Tori Higgins is an actress on Stargate Atlantis (and this is Gateworld forum).
                        It really is 'Tory'? Thanks!

Sharon, Helo's wife. The one we didn't really see tonight.

(I don't think we've been told the whole truth about the Cylons, but more to the point, I don't think they have been told the whole truth about themselves. We've had several instances throughout the series in which the 'programmed machines' have been able to override their programming and make choices. Athena/Sharon is an example of this.)
                        Last edited by Occulus; 18 April 2008, 07:25 PM. Reason: added 'whole' twice

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                          I'm just not sure about this show anymore. Yeah I'm ticked that they killed Callie but it's more that the characters keep getting more and more outlandish.
                          Some of the characters have remained constant over the years. Adama is still the same man he set out as. I'd like to think Helo has been the same, though he hasn't gotten nearly as much screen-time anymore.

I'm not digging Apollo the smarmy politician at all. Starbuck the crazy loon is even less appealing.
                          When has she not been a little loony? Agree with you about the Adama thing, not so much because I can't buy that he is a politician, more that it was an abrupt character change for him.

The good thing about Tyrol and Tighe being Cylons was that they were torn about what to do and seemed desperate to hold on to their humanity but with this episode it seems like they're developing the attitude of "Frak it, we're Cylons so we might as well act like one" and that bugs me.
                          Actually, didn't watch the teaser. But, Cally was suffering from postpartum depression and decided to tank a wrench (somewhat ironic) to Chief's head, several times. And he did seem really depressed and/or pissed in the last few seconds of the episode in which Adama was dropping the bomb. Saving his baby is probably the only thing that is keeping him from murdering her right now (though I granted, haven't seen the preview for next week).

And don't even get me started on that crazy rhymes with witch Tory.
                          She's a woman who, in her mind, the ends justify the means. There is a sad, cruel, sense of logic in what she did. Partially, for her own survival, and partially for the survival of the others. Just the manner in which she did it, along with the body language, left something to be desired.

I also HATE HATE HATE that Galactica Boomer has become on of the crazy Cylon masses. It's a weird when one of the most sympathetic characters on the show is becoming Gaius Baltar.
                          She did, but the "Eight" in her began to show again after Cavil had started the Cylon Civil War [or did Natalie start it?] when she said that it is like murdering her sisters. I think Boomer will betray Cavil in the end, I hope.
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                            Yes, I think Roslin should be held accountable but what Lee was doing was more grandstanding than anything really productive. And smirking after he was finished? Dipwad, through and through. I'm convinced that he's gunning for her ever since he decided to out her in the trial. Why her in particular I'm not sure, perhaps her close ties to his dad and potential jealousy issues?
                            Funny how Zerak has been reduced to banging the gavel thing for the president- and how grumpy he looked doing it. Sidelined, indeed. Something nasty is bound to come of this.
                            Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                            I get the feeling that she only saved the child because it's a hybrid and/or because it's Tyrol's. Otherwise I bet she would have airlocked the kid too.
                            No kidding. Yikes she's gone scary! I fear for Nicky's upbringing. Tory better not become adoptive Mum! And if she lies to Tyrol about what she did, that's just even more evil.....
                            Originally posted by Occulus View Post
                            They're ALL frakked in the head to one degree or another at this point. That's perfectly natural.

If I had a choice of parallel universes to go to, the BSG universe would not be my 'happy place'.
                            Yes.....living in essentially a metal box for over a year on end would do that to a person.

The BSG universe is one scary place. I'd go to the Chocolate Pudding and Rainbows Universe.....but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                              Just the manner in which she did it, along with the body language, left something to be desired.
                              I disagree. I think it was intentional, to mark Tory as the 'Evil Fifth' (regardless of whether she's #5 or not, she's 1/5... oh never fraking mind).

Either I'm reading too much into this, or she was never intended to be a 'good girl' in the first place. I, for one, never once trusted her character.

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

Yeah, the creepiest thing with Tori was that she didn't look sad at all as she airlocked Cally. I could understand her being torn or upset over killing someone to keep your secret safe, but Tori was neither. Yikes.

Someone on TWOP pointed out that Cally started this ep with stars from a baby light passing over her and ended this ep out with the stars.

I always thought that Cally was annoying and I never bought her ship with Tyrol (marrying the guy who beat the crap out of you, squick), but damn did I feel for her when I saw her fate. Just like my reaction to Ellen Tigh.

Comment

Working...
                                X