The Ties That Bind (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Occulus View Post
    I disagree. I think it was intentional, to mark Tory as the 'Evil Fifth' (regardless of whether she's #5 or not, she's 1/5... oh never fraking mind).

Either I'm reading too much into this, or she was never intended to be a 'good girl' in the first place. I, for one, never once trusted her character.
    That's the thing, you can't trust her. She's doing what it takes for HER survival.

Tory jettisoning Cally out the airlock was just as bad as what Saul did to his own wife. Only thing is, he regrets it. She doesn't... yet.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Occulus View Post
      I disagree. I think it was intentional, to mark Tory as the 'Evil Fifth' (regardless of whether she's #5 or not, she's 1/5... oh never fraking mind).

Either I'm reading too much into this, or she was never intended to be a 'good girl' in the first place. I, for one, never once trusted her character.

I find myself looking at Tory (I keep wanting to spell her name Tori, I really do...) as someone who has completely given up on being human. A sort of "well, if I'm a cylon, I may as well not care anymore" type of attitude. I'm worried that the others of the final five might be slowly adopting that attitude as well. (And please tell me that Anders doesn't give himself away to Kara thinking she's a cylon too...As much as I can't see him doing that, I can see him doing that...) Other than that, while I can see "why" Tori airlocked Cally, I find the manner of events disturbing--she really seemed nice/understanding for a moment there...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        in the series i think only 2 and a half years have passed since the attacks and that includes one year on new caprica
        Even if that is true, it is still a long time. And, look at what they've all been through. Repeatedly.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          Yeah, the creepiest thing with Tori was that she didn't look sad at all as she airlocked Cally. I could understand her being torn or upset over killing someone to keep your secret safe, but Tori was neither. Yikes.

Someone on TWOP pointed out that Cally started this ep with stars from a baby light passing over her and ended this ep out with the stars.
          Woah, good catch.....for whoever noticed that.
          I always thought that Cally was annoying and I never bought her ship with Tyrol (marrying the guy who beat the crap out of you, squick), but damn did I feel for her when I saw her fate. Just like my reaction to Ellen Tigh.
          I was so glad that was brought up again in this ep, because it happened.....and then it was like it was forgotten. It's weird watching this show, because we got to know the Chief, and like him. And we as the viewers know that he's a generally good guy, but from an objective point of view, Cally should never have married him after her beat her. Stupid, stupid thing to do. But I still keep having to remind myself of that, because I do like the character of the Chief so much. This show fraks with your mind and your perspectives. A lot.

Comment

Yeah, the creepiest thing with Tori was that she didn't look sad at all as she airlocked Cally. I could understand her being torn or upset over killing someone to keep your secret safe, but Tori was neither. Yikes.
            Yeah, I would say it is safe to say she has gone dark-side.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              ... This show fraks with your mind and your perspectives. A lot.
              Well said!! (And I love that about this show!!)
              sigpic

Comment

Cally. The way they shot many of her scenes in this ep, with a sense of disconnected reality, really sold me on how depressed she was. Oh, Cally.

I officially hate Tory. Opening herself up to new experiences indeed.... She had better have nothing more to do with the Chief, like helping raise Nick.

Is Cally's death going to make the Chief cling to his humanity, or go more Cylon? He's always been one of the most human of the characters to me, so I'm not sure if I could stand it if they went the Cylonish route.

I actually yelled out in disgust at Cavil/Boomer. Yuck. And why?

Wow, base star vs. base star, out of range of resurrection ships? That's a Cylon civil war that's playing for keeps. Was anyone else freaked out by that bloody rag the centurian Cylon was using to clean up with?

Adama reading to Roslin...the one kinda happy moment in the episode. And yet they are still at odds over his decision to allow Kara a ship.

I'm identifiying more with Anders these days than Starbuck--loved the expression on his face while Kara described the way she was feeling and you could see he totally related.

Cally.

Comment

Originally posted by pynapl View Post
                  I find myself looking at Tory (I keep wanting to spell her name Tori, I really do...) as someone who has completely given up on being human. A sort of "well, if I'm a cylon, I may as well not care anymore" type of attitude. I'm worried that the others of the final five might be slowly adopting that attitude as well. (And please tell me that Anders doesn't give himself away to Kara thinking she's a cylon too...As much as I can't see him doing that, I can see him doing that...) Other than that, while I can see "why" Tori airlocked Cally, I find the manner of events disturbing--she really seemed nice/understanding for a moment there...
                  It is disturbing, how persuasive she was- I was on the edge of being fooled as well. She's easily as scary as Caprica Six was in the mini. And what's worse is that this just may well be only the beginning of Tory's evilness- what are the chances that she decides to do something so horrible that Tigh or Tyrol expose themselves trying to stop her?

Because I do still think that Tigh and Tyrol can hold on to their own humanity. I want to see at least one of them manage it.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Yeah, I would say it is safe to say she has gone dark-side.

Agreed. After seeing this episode, I feel what triggered it was when she agreed to sleep with Baltar. As soon as she convinced herself to do that, it was like a downward spiral...any thing that made Tory, Tory, she decided to shed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                      Cally. The way they shot many of her scenes in this ep, with a sense of disconnected reality, really sold me on how depressed she was. Oh, Cally.
                      That was freaky, throughout the ep, I absolutely agree on how real it felt. Especially at the beginning, it was scary.
                      Wow, base star vs. base star, out of range of resurrection ships? That's a Cylon civil war that's playing for keeps. Was anyone else freaked out by that bloody rag the centurian Cylon was using to clean up with?
                      I just loved that we were seeing all these centurians with more human like movements.....that one looking furtively over it's shoulder (or as close as that can happen) was bizarre/disturbing/funny all at once. And having to say "the magic word". Yikes!
                      Adama reading to Roslin...the one kinda happy moment in the episode. And yet they are still at odds over his decision to allow Kara a ship.
                      And when the one happy moment is the cancer patient trying to keep from vomiting while having a story read to her as a distraction, you know things are bleak.
                      I'm identifiying more with Anders these days than Starbuck--loved the expression on his face while Kara described the way she was feeling and you could see he totally related.
                      All of these Starbuck/Anders scenes.....the writers are loving their ironies. When she finds out the truth.....

Comment

.......as far as i remember ...no baltar tonight

nice change
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It is disturbing, how persuasive she was- I was on the edge of being fooled as well. She's easily as scary as Caprica Six was in the mini. And what's worse is that this just may well be only the beginning of Tory's evilness...
                          Yes! So that's what it is! We're getting back to that uneasy feeling from the beginning of it all. (I don't know about anyone else, but as we started to get some of the back stories of the other cylons, I started to forget about how "scary" they are...)

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                          ...what are the chances that she decides to do something so horrible that Tigh or Tyrol expose themselves trying to stop her?

Because I do still think that Tigh and Tyrol can hold on to their own humanity. I want to see at least one of them manage it.
                          You bring up a good point: I can see them realizing Tory's manipulation at some point and being forced to do something about it. Because I can definitely see Tory manipulating them. Right now they all feel they have each other--imagine how they react when that support system comes crashing down on them...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pynapl View Post
                            Yes! So that's what it is! We're getting back to that uneasy feeling from the beginning of it all. (I don't know about anyone else, but as we started to get some of the back stories of the other cylons, I started to forget about how "scary" they are...)

You bring up a good point: I can see them realizing Tory's manipulation at some point and being forced to do something about it. Because I can definitely see Tory manipulating them. Right now they all feel they have each other--imagine how they react when that support system comes crashing down on them...
                            The Cylon Meetings sure look to be coming to an end.....

Comment

And when the one happy moment is the cancer patient trying to keep from vomiting while having a story read to her as a distraction, you know things are bleak.
                              Exactly.

All of these Starbuck/Anders scenes.....the writers are loving their ironies. When she finds out the truth.....
                              I know, I'm getting a bit worried that Anders might tell her and Starbuck might do something she will regret...or at least I'll regret, assuming Anders clings to his humanity.

Comment

Yeah. I love the wonderful acting in moments like these. Subtle (and sometimes not-so-subtle) expressions can go a long way! Cheers to Trucco and Sackhoff!

All of these Starbuck/Anders scenes.....the writers are loving their ironies.
                                It really is interesting to see the shift in their characters. It's like they're going through the same thing, only not, at the same time.

When she finds out the truth.....
                                I'm scared too!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X