The Ties That Bind (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
    I know, I'm getting a bit worried that Anders might tell her and Starbuck might do something she will regret...or at least I'll regret, assuming Anders clings to his humanity.
    Anders seems to be the only one who is having pretty much no problem with that. Some issues yes, only to be expected, but so far he seems like he'll cope better than any of the others (which makes me like him all the more- and I fear for the fact that I'm liking characters more and more when their likelihood of being killed off just went up exponentially ). Of course there is a big difference in what Starbuck will regret and what the viewers will regret.....

What I want to know is when will we see Leoben in the Resurrection bath. We've seen all the lady cylons multiple times (aside from Tory).....and now Cavil (ew), so when do we get to see Leoben covered in goo?

Edit: regarding Anders, I meant to say that he has no problem with it except in how it relates to his relationship with Starbuck. Which I think is interesting, and makes him one very loyal guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      Anders seems to be the only one who is having pretty much no problem with that. Some issues yes, only to be expected, but so far he seems like he'll cope better than any of the others (which makes me like him all the more- and I fear for the fact that I'm liking characters more and more when their likelihood of being killed off just went up exponentially ). Of course there is a big difference in what Starbuck will regret and what the viewers will regret.....

What I want to know is when will we see Leoben in the Resurrection bath. We've seen all the lady cylons multiple times (aside from Tory).....and now Cavil (ew), so when do we get to see Leoben covered in goo?

Edit: regarding Anders, I meant to say that he has no problem with it except in how it relates to his relationship with Starbuck. Which I think is interesting, and makes him one very loyal guy.
      Leoben, yes. We haven't seen much of him yet, but I'm betting he and Starbuck have some things to settle at some point. Or at least I hope. I also want to see if/how his religious theories tie into the mythology of the show.

I think you're right about Anders being the most well-adjusted Cylon (if there is such a thing). Probably because as you mention he is only thinking of it as how it will affect his relationships--and how human a reaction is that? Very, very different than Tory, who seems to find not a lot of value in human life these days, let alone relationships. (What happened to her abundance of feeling from last week's episode? )

I forgot to give kudos for a wonderfully scored episode. I loved the unsettling music they used for the Cally depression scenes especially.

Comment

This episode was very very very slow. Just a lot of BS here and there. But it ended on a high note. The whole Cally thing was like wow. Still the episode was better than last week for me, but not as good as the season premiere.
        sigpic

Comment

I know, I'm getting a bit worried that Anders might tell her and Starbuck might do something she will regret...or at least I'll regret, assuming Anders clings to his humanity.
          I have the same feeling.

Starbuck really seems to be the glue that holds him together. It's almost as though she's the reason (or partly the reason) he's so adamant on remaining true to Sam Anders, pyramid all-star, leader of the rebellion on Caprica, etc., etc. There's something to say about a guy who refuses to throw the towel in after his wife throws all the abuse she has in his direction--and even something better to say when that same man figures out he's a cylon, and he still won't budge in his commitment to her.

Which is why I find myself worried that he's going to put all the cards on the table in the belief that Kara will accept it somehow or relate to him more, and then have everything backfire... (that is, if he doesn’t go all cylon first…)

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
          lol, yes, when will this happen?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            .......as far as i remember ...no baltar tonight

nice change
            Agreed, especially since I think his current cult plotline is kinda slow.

All of these Starbuck/Anders scenes.....the writers are loving their ironies. When she finds out the truth.....
            Ah, but we the viewers know the secret with Anders. We have no idea what the secret is with Starbuck and her return. Maybe it will be a dual reveal and they can have a wtf!-off.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              This episode was very very very slow. Just a lot of BS here and there. But it ended on a high note. The whole Cally thing was like wow. Still the episode was better than last week for me, but not as good as the season premiere.
              Thus far, I also enjoyed the premiere best.
              sigpic

Comment

Leoben, yes. We haven't seen much of him yet, but I'm betting he and Starbuck have some things to settle at some point. Or at least I hope. I also want to see if/how his religious theories tie into the mythology of the show.

I think you're right about Anders being the most well-adjusted Cylon (if there is such a thing). Probably because as you mention he is only thinking of it as how it will affect his relationships--and how human a reaction is that? Very, very different than Tory, who seems to find not a lot of value in human life these days, let alone relationships. (What happened to her abundance of feeling from last week's episode? )

I forgot to give kudos for a wonderfully scored episode. I loved the unsettling music they used for the Cally depression scenes especially.
                You got it exactly right in bold.

Starbuck is remarkably lucky in having Anders there for her (the fact that he's a cylon is kinda irrelevant).....Whatever happens to their relationship, I hope she realizes that before the end (how I loathe those words!). A lesser guy would have told her to just frak off ages ago. Whether that makes Anders incredibly dumb or incredibly wonderful is up for interpretation.

Aside from the obvious reasons, seeing Leoben resurrect at some point would make a lot of sense- what with his intense spiritual side and the spiritual connotation of resurrection.

I never even noticed the score- I was so wrapped up in the story (and the lightening strikes outside during it- fear of power outage! ). That's what re-watching is for!

Comment

once again the cylons steal the show
                  "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    Ah, but we the viewers know the secret with Anders. We have no idea what the secret is with Starbuck and her return. Maybe it will be a dual reveal and they can have a wtf!-off.
                    That would be one hell of a scene.

Originally posted by pynapl View Post
                    Starbuck really seems to be the glue that holds him together. It's almost as though she's the reason (or partly the reason) he's so adamant on remaining true to Sam Anders, pyramid all-star, leader of the rebellion on Caprica, etc., etc. There's something to say about a guy who refuses to throw the towel in after his wife throws all the abuse she has in his direction--and even something better to say when that same man figures out he's a cylon, and he still won't budge in his commitment to her.

Which is why I find myself worried that he's going to put all the cards on the table in the belief that Kara will accept it somehow or relate to him more, and then have everything backfire... (that is, if he doesn’t go all cylon first…)
                    Granted, if roles were reversed and it Anders was the woman taking all that crap from her husband (Starbuck) (), we'd all be saying "get the hell out of there!" Which makes me second guess my opinions on Anders's position. But I still love him for it.

And I am so scared that Anders is going to do that as well.....

Comment

Starbuck's picture does look familar

Comment

Cally should be the Final Cylon. Boy would that freak the heck out of Chief. LOL.
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, I was so not prepared for this. This episode hit me harder then the other 2 this season have. I had heard rumours about Cally killing herself, and I was terrified for the baby. Very few shows can leave you absolutely terrified of a character dying like Galactica can. Then, I thought it was all ok, and BAM! Tory shoots her out the airlock. Wow.

My weekend is now screwed up. No joke. But, as bad as it makes everything seem, thats why I love this show. Nothing else has such power, the ability to jab a knife into your heart and twist it around. Its amazing.
                          "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
                          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Tory's slide started with going to Baltar,and it's just getting worse.

I personally think, however, that she didn't have much choice about spacing Cally. We know Cylons are programmed to protect any children of other Cylons, and I personally think the final five are programmed to preserve their lives and, most importantly, their secrecy. This makes her programming force her to kill Cally on two fronts:

1. Cally is a danger to the baby, which all Cylons must protect.

2. Cally is a danger to the secrecy of the final five, which their programming directs them to protect.

And as icing on the cake:

3. Tory seems to be the type of person who would do it anyway, just to preserve herself; Cylon or human.

Oh, and I fully believe she lied to Tyrol about what happened.
                            sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Duckey View Post
                              Wow, I was so not prepared for this. This episode hit me harder then the other 2 this season have. I had heard rumours about Cally killing herself, and I was terrified for the baby. Very few shows can leave you absolutely terrified of a character dying like Galactica can. Then, I thought it was all ok, and BAM! Tory shoots her out the airlock. Wow.

My weekend is now screwed up. No joke. But, as bad as it makes everything seem, thats why I love this show. Nothing else has such power, the ability to jab a knife into your heart and twist it around. Its amazing.
                              Isn't that just the best storytelling though? That is kind of story that you can take with you. I love it. It becomes sometimes painful to see what these characters that we care about go through, but then when they earn that very rare victory or moment, the sweetness of it is unparalleled (verses, "lets be happy at the end of every week" television- which there's nothing wrong with, but I find it more like candy- fun, but tiring in quantities and not good in excessiveness. BSG type storytelling is vitamins and calcium and all that good stuff you need. Of course a balance of both is nice.....and I'm carrying on a bit far with the metaphor. ). I've always felt that it's the best kind of story, best kind of television, and it's a rare show that makes you care about the characters that much.

And of course there are the awesome battles, those are kinda maybe worth watching for too.
                              Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post

I personally think, however, that she didn't have much choice about spacing Cally. We know Cylons are programmed to protect any children of other Cylons, and I personally think the final five are programmed to preserve their lives and, most importantly, their secrecy. This makes her programming force her to kill Cally on two fronts:

2. Cally is a danger to the secrecy of the final five, which their programming directs them to protect.

3. Tory seems to be the type of person who would do it anyway, just to preserve herself; Cylon or human.

That's pretty darn freaky. If they are programmed to preserve their own lives at all cost, we could be looking at major major meltdown at some point in the fleet if one of them is threatened- if this is what gets Tory to airlock a person, gotta wonder what happens with even a greater threat.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post

1.) I really don't believe, now, that the Cavil models' are out to protect any Colonial, hybrid baby or otherwise. The implication to me was that the entire line of Sharons', Leobans' and Boomers' were destroyed in this attack, as well as all the "restored" Centurions, particularly since the Resurrection Ship was out of range. We were led to believe that all the model lines began to self-segregate on their respective basestars and that the Cavil inspired ambush was, literally, "the end of the line" for three models with three notable exceptions: Caprica Six in Galactica's brig, Athena with Helo, and Boomer shacking up with Cavil.
                                2.) To me, for all intents and purposes, Tory simply saved Nick Tyrol. Cally was doomed once she put herself in the launch tube. It turned out to be expedient for Tory to open the outer hull doors when she was on the sealed side of the airlock, but if she had not intervened at all, Cally and Nick would have died by Cally's hand.
                                3.) I think it is still too early to see how Tory's story will play out. If she were simply a heartless murderous Cylon, she would have let both Cally and Nick die. Instead she intercedes to save Nick, and for a multitude of reasons disposes of Cally. I don't see how this serves the ends of ending the lives of all the Colonials. I do agree she appears to have relished "embracing her inner Cylon" more than the other known four, but I don't necessarily agree that her tryst with Baltar had much to do with it.

For both sides, the populations are radically winnowing down. The Cylons may be left with only the Doral, Simon, and Cavil models (which, to my mind, would make for a very boring eternity of endlessly resurrected lifetimes). I bet the single Boomer model will never be lonely. They may unbox the D'anna models just to add a bit of spice to their lives, but Cavil, being the control freak that he is, would doubtlessly take steps to lobotomize that line in one way or another, too.

Cally was depressed, for good reasons. The only thing imaginably worse than Tyrol's infidelity would be his inhumanity. That, and her misuse of medication, is what appeared to drive her to the tubes.

I disagree about the assessment that Lee Adama was grandstanding in his new appointed position. He has consistently stood up for the "rule of law", first in opposing the "military coup" ordered by his father to oust Roslin, and, just as forcefully, by bringing Roslin to the stand to make the state prove their case against Baltar. I'm having some memory problems about the Executive Order 112, that Lee brought up so prominently, however. Wasn't this the final act that Zarek put in place before stepping down after New Caprica so the "secret courts" could cleanse the fleet of Collaborators? Didn't he explain this as a method of keeping Roslin's "hands clean"? If so, why couldn't Roslin simply explain it as a bad legacy act that she herself had washed her hands of ? Roslin definitely objected to those "kangaroo courts" and ended them when she came to know of them. When did she flip positions?

From the preview for next week. It looks like Saul Tigh will end up confronting incarcerated Caprica Six, with some new insights on the part of both participants about guilt and other truths and consequences.

Comment

Working...
                                X