The Ties That Bind (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    yeah, but lee is in the photo, and RDM has said anyone in the photo that's not already outed as a cylon isn't
    He could be lying. Its hardly uncommon in TV anymore and Ron Moore has said in the past how mad he was about the cliffhanger at the end of season two getting out. And honestly this is the Cliffhanger that could make or break the show.

The theory I like the best is there is one Cylon in the picture that you might be over looking. The one that lives in Baltars head. I can see Ron Moore having had hid the last Cylon in plan sight since the Mini. This would also resolve the Mystic and real world elements of the show that seem very much at odds.

I think there might be a reason why Ron Moore hasn't recorded the Podcast. Those podcast are what are going to go out with the DVD's and if he's putting out miss information he would have to record them again. And most likely be a cold day in heck before that happens with his work load. If your going to put out miss information like you did last season with starbuck your going to do it in print, and web articles that no one is going to care about in a few mouths. I don't think Moore wants to do that kind of tight rope walking he had to do in Malstorm last year. Simple solution don't record them at all and get your well thought out press do the work for you.
    Last edited by Night Marshal; 25 April 2008, 12:31 AM.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Originally posted by Night Marshal View Post
      I think there might be a reason why Ron Moore hasn't recorded the Podcast. Those podcast are what are going to go out with the DVD's and if he's putting out miss information he would have to record them again. And most likely be a cold day in heck before that happens with his work load. If your going to put out miss information like you did last season with starbuck your going to do it in print, and web articles that no one is going to care about in a few mouths. I don't think Moore wants to do that kind of tight rope walking he had to do in Malstorm last year. Simple solution don't record them at all and get your well thought out press do the work for you.
      The Podcasts have been recorded and sent to skiffy, they're having technical issues. You can see it discussed on RDM's blog.

Comment

My vote is for Zack Adama to be the final Cylon. Fits with Leobhan's comment to President Roslin that "Adama is a Cylon", and fits with the idea I have had since the end of Season 3 that the final reveal would not be someone we've seen (other than in flashbacks), but still someone we know as a character. Then Lee's comment after Starbuck returned about "what if it were Zack that got off that ship, would it make any difference, would knowing he was a Cylon change how we feel about him" made me think a bit more.....

Spoiler:
        "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
        ---Bill Adama

Comment

1. "We're not evil", we've just got Tigh as a de facto leader!' Callie getting spaced had the frackhead's name all over it.

2. It's not like the Cylons are much of a threat to the Colonials anymore, they're beating the cack out of each other!

3. Kara doesn't know where she's going baby...lay back enjoy the ride...

4. Lee bugging Roslin in the quorum, no issues here.

5. Zack Adama as the final Cylon. I don't buy that idea. Having Tigh, a vet of the first Cylon war be a skinjob(when they supposedly weren't around) is one thing. Neither of the younger Adamas can be Cylons though, their Dad's known them all their lives!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Spoiler tag due to cross-reference with later episodes.

Spoiler:
            Tory killed Callie and stole their baby.

Episode later, nothing on that whole situation done at all; how would Chief have reacted if he knew? And more so, how did Tory pull off getting the baby back to Chief to begin with?

Silly writers.

And I agree with previous statements; there was no lead up to her cracking, it was like she randomly decided she was going to go nuts and that was the end of that.

Comment

Originally posted by CellarDwellar View Post
              Spoiler tag due to cross-reference with later episodes.

Spoiler:
              Tory killed Callie and stole their baby.

Episode later, nothing on that whole situation done at all; how would Chief have reacted if he knew? And more so, how did Tory pull off getting the baby back to Chief to begin with?

Silly writers.

And I agree with previous statements; there was no lead up to her cracking, it was like she randomly decided she was going to go nuts and that was the end of that.
              They were already having marital problems in previous episodes going back to last season. I can believe that she could possibly reach the point that she did without having to see the build-up laid out in front of me.

As to the next episode and the baby....
              Spoiler:
              Tory could have made up any kind of story about finding the baby...outside the launch tube or somewhere else. She could have even brought the baby back to their quarters and have found Tyrol still unconscious and have put him back and Tyrol might have never known he was gone. I think that's just one of those details that the writers are just leaving up to the viewer to ponder rather than giving a definitive answer at this point.

It's like we have to wonder about how they found out that Cally was actually dead. Sure she went bonkers and whacked the Chief but you wouldn't just jump to the next conclusion that she had gone and killed herself when she couldn't be found. Did Tory tell someone what she had witnessed? Did Cally go splat on some Viper's windshield? Sure they would have had the activation of the launch tube doors recorded, but unless they have cameras that watch those (which obviously they don't or it would have recorded the confrontation with Tory), they don't know that she spaced herself for sure...because how can you space yourself when Chief's key is outside the airlock. That has to raise some questions. What did Tory do with the key? etc. etc.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

podcast is up

Comment

RDM didn't even know the episode name. What is up with that? See Podcast for this episode.
                  When in trouble, "send lawyers, guns and money!"

Comment

death of Cally - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Last edited by LordAnubis82; 25 September 2008, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Holy Frak! I guess good thing about seeing the show a few months later is that I stay away from spoilers. Had NO idea Callie was going to get killed off. I fell for Tory's act. So was in shock when it happened. I liked Callie and wish all ill will towards Tory.

Has Starbuck EVER been sane?!? She's so messed in the head I'm surprised anyone takes her seriously.
                      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by wilsan View Post
                        WOW what a great episode.
                        Spoiler:
                        You know I knew that Cally was going to die. But I thought she was going to do herself in. Man was I surprised.
                        Damn yeah! Wanna to continue watchiiiiing...long time till Jan.
                        Spoiler:
                        Mission report. Michael invaded Atlantis, tried to blow it up. We stopped him. End of report.

sigpic

Comment

That's frakking stupid. Callie was in my top 3 characters and some random character comes in and kills her off? BS! I don't even want to continue damn watching!
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Hmm, who are your other favourite characters?

Anyway, the show improves again with the mid-season finale, and especially after that with the Mutiny Arc, which is just epic.
                            Mia: Don't you hate that?
                            Vincent: Hate what?
                            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Oh trust me. I'll finish. Just to see Tori get hers.

I like

Lee
                              Athena
                              Callie
                              Starbuck
                              Chief.

But each season that changes.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

No love for Romo?

And yeah, Tori definately gets hers
                                Mia: Don't you hate that?
                                Vincent: Hate what?
                                Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                                Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                                Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                                - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X