Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Samantha and Hyndara!

Great work everyone. This is the best part of my day catching up in here!
    sigpic
    Sig made by me

Comment

Scifan, those are great

LOVE what you've done with the Atlantis sig!

Comment

Wonderful artwork LadyGalaxyJ, Scifan, Hyn, Ioserinc, Rocket_Scientist, IcarusAbides and Sha!
        sigpic

Comment

Cool catch up! Loving the arties, wish I could mq them all!!

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          Since Oma-1 is very busy with RL lately...someone had to do this!!! (Jumble, you can close your eyes!)

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1920/rdathunk.jpg
          Awesome!! *happygrungyrdathunksigh*

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
          Fair point, just to clarify the challenge rules a bit. How many entries are we allowed and the one picture thing is that per sig..etc or for the challenge.

What I mean is am I allowed to enter my Crowley, Tardis and Nicholas Angel images or do I have to have the same picture in each image?
          In addition to what Jumble & Sarai said, I was going to say, you don't have to confine yourself to making stuff for challenges, just go with the mojo and make anything you like.....then I saw your next post
          I like it, it's very Crowley. What text did you use?

I would have responded sooner but I spent the last 40 minutes doing this using the eye tut posted by ladygris.

Niiiiice
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
            Cool catch up! Loving the arties, wish I could mq them all!!

Awesome!! *happygrungyrdathunksigh*

In addition to what Jumble & Sarai said, I was going to say, you don't have to confine yourself to making stuff for challenges, just go with the mojo and make anything you like.....then I saw your next post

Niiiiice
            Yeah I might have got a bit carried away with the whole making things
            sigpic

Comment

I AM SO JEALOUS! I love all this great artwork and I want to try some of these new techniques...but my computer with my PS software on it went KABOOM. I'm looking into buying PS for my new Mac, so soon I will be able to join you.

And Jumble, I will be making a lot of Jack art. A LOT. It's what I do.

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
              hyndara, welcome here!

Amazing arts, guys! I wish i coluld quote all these amazing stuff you've made
              And i'm really jealous of you and your GimPS time *sighs*
              Unfortunately for me i won't post here for a few weeks. I've finally decided to make an operation on my knee (cause i could barely walk for a month). And i'm scary to death!(And i can't do anything when i'm scare (() So cross fingers for me

But i'll be lurk
              Damn, i wan't to ps too!
              Ah, knee surgery. Went through it myself last year. I will be praying that the surgery goes well and your healing is quick.

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
              Yeah, i hope too. At least in August. It's my last six months of uni so i need to do my bachellor work and stuff *sighs*

That's the only thing i'm trying to think Thank for cheering me up, i really need this))))
              It will be fine. TBH, the first week after surgery is difficult and painful. Take your meds and rest...let someone else take care of you. After that, it is smooth sailing and PT will help in your recovery.
              sigpic
              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Great artwork in the last few pages everyone!

@Blacky: Hope your knee heels really quickly after the surgery! And do what treknik says.

Quick question: Are we aloud to post our challenge entries elsewhere during the challenge or do we have to wait until afterwards? Same question for the unofficial challenge entries too.

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
                Love it - and the border rocks
                Thanks!

Sorry my instructions weren't clear enough RiG - I'm glad someone else answered your question.
                Oh, that's okay. I knew there'd be someone else around that would know what you meant.

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
                Thanks for the link loserinc ... RiG, I was looking for screencaps for SG-1 and I stumbled across this site - has Supernatural but only up to season 4 ... http://www.screencap-paradise.com/?cat=5
                I've had the site bookmarked for ages. Thank you though.

If anyone has a link to a site that has good quality screen caps for Stargate (SG-1 or Atlantis) I'd be really grateful - I do my own caps but sometimes I don't get the quality I need, especially if I want to include a larger image, like on a wallpaper.
                Wish I could help. The cap sites I've used have fair-to-good quality caps. The one I use the most is www.stargatecaps.com but it doesn't have all the seasons of SGA - up to S4 but only half of S4 - it does have all 10 seasons of SG1.

Here a few cap sites to start us off...

sg-atlantis.pytalhost.net: Has all 5 seasons of SGA and season 1 of SGU.

TheSciFiWorld: has caps for select episodes. As well as promo pics/posters. Some pics are real good quality while others are...meh. It's a crapshoot really.

stargate-caps Only has SGA seasons 1-2 from Blue-Ray but is currently working on capping all seasons from Blue-Ray. Not too many from SG1 though. There are some galleries for SGA as well as zip files. There are no galleries for SG1, just zip files. AS for SGU, one episode from S2...a zip file. The caps aren't too bad.

I've been playing around with the filmstrip I used for the Joe Flanigan sunglasses sig and came up with these, I would appreciate it if you guys could tell me which you like best.

For those of you that know the awesomeness that is the Jensen Ackles Eye Of The Tiger video they should look familiar, those that haven't should go watch it now.
                Saw them in the Jensen thunk thread and commented. I think I agree with ShaViva about that one pic (with the arm) filling out two cells. Very cool!

No art from me just yet. Was at work...then I had to resize a few pics of my elderly neighbors cat, Blacky, whom she had to put to sleep a few days ago because she was very sick. She wanted some bigger pics of her cat to frame up. I did this after her other cat, Buddy, passed away two years ago. Why do cats have to die?
                Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 16 August 2011, 02:19 PM.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post

Saw them in the Jensen thunk thread and commented. I think I agree with ShaViva about that one pic (with the arm) filling out two cells. Very cool!

No art from me just yet. Was at work...then I had to resize a few pics of my elderly neighbors cat, Blacky, whom she had to put to sleep a few days ago because she was very sick. She wanted some bigger pics of her cat to frame up. I did this after her other cat, Buddy, passed away two years ago. Why do cats have to die?
                  Yeah I saw your comments and have responded to your request.

Poor cats, I hate it when pets die. Really miss my old cats.
                  sigpic

Comment

I made this sig for whump challenge thread...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
                      http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...nner/shep3.jpg
                      Nice picture choice!

I have another to add to this week's challenge...
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by me

Comment

Yeah I saw your comments and have responded to your request.
                        Ooh! Okay, I'll check it out afterwards.

Poor cats, I hate it when pets die.
                        Me too.

Really miss my old cats.
                        Yeah, I miss mine too. You've already seen Oliver. He's the one adorning my profile page. Lost him last September.

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...nner/shep3.jpg
                        Not a big Sheppard fan but gotta give you props for a job very well done.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Two more for the challenge...

I modified this one to add to the challenge cuz I thought it would be a good addition.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                            Two more for the challenge...

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/21-1copy.jpg

I modified this one to add to the challenge cuz I thought it would be a good addition.
                            http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...gs1bloodbw.jpg
                            Love the Eric one for the challenge, although a sharp dressed man variation may work well also.
                            sigpic

Comment

DJ beautiful sigs and thanks!

RodneyIsGodney thank you!
                              sigpic

Comment

My task I have set myself for tomorrow is to produce one of the filmstrip sigs with various team members from the Stargate universe (I mean the whole franchise not SG:U by that) wearing the sunglasses a lot of them wear on missions. My original thoughts are O'neill, Sheppard, Lorne, Carter, Greer or Scott from SGU. Having a bit of an issue finding all the images for it but I will have another look tomorrow and hopefully get it posted.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X