Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
    Fair point, just to clarify the challenge rules a bit. How many entries are we allowed and the one picture thing is that per sig..etc or for the challenge.

What I mean is am I allowed to enter my Crowley, Tardis and Nicholas Angel images or do I have to have the same picture in each image?
    Icarus there is no limit on the number of entries you are allowed in this challenge. And the idea is one picture per sig not per set of entries - does that clear it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Icarus there is no limit on the number of entries you are allowed in this challenge. And the idea is one picture per sig not per set of entries - does that clear it up?
      It does thanks and I did check out the original rules for the challenge but I was still a little confused so thanks.
      sigpic

Comment

Fair point, just to clarify the challenge rules a bit. How many entries are we allowed and the one picture thing is that per sig..etc or for the challenge.

What I mean is am I allowed to enter my Crowley, Tardis and Nicholas Angel images or do I have to have the same picture in each image?
        There's no limit on how many entries you can make

The 'one pic' rule is per entry, so yes, you can make as many different pieces as you like

Edit: Sarai beat me to it

I'm sorry if the 'rules' weren't clear Please do query anything you don't understand

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          There's no limit on how many entries you can make

The 'one pic' rule is per entry, so yes, you can make as many different pieces as you like

Edit: Sarai beat me to it

I'm sorry if the 'rules' weren't clear Please do query anything you don't understand
          Thanks anyway and the rules were not doubt clear to everyone else I was just unsure for some reason.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks anyway and the rules were not doubt clear to everyone else I was just unsure for some reason.
            No, you're not the only one I think maybe people come up with a bigger variety of ideas than is at first anticipated - which is great! The object of the challenges is primarily to encourage everyone to try something different, but we also want you to have fun with it

Comment

No, you're not the only one I think maybe people come up with a bigger variety of ideas than is at first anticipated - which is great! The object of the challenges is primarily to encourage everyone to try something different, but we also want you to have fun with it
              Well that definitely worked, I've had endless fun with the challenges and this thread so far.
              sigpic

Comment

Well that definitely worked, I've had endless fun with the challenges and this thread so far.
                That's good to know, it means we've got the tone of the thread right And the results have been lovely to see

Comment

I am continually amazed at the amount and variety and quality of artwork on this thread every time I come in! Just fabulous, everyone!

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                  Anyone know how to download a texture to Gimp? Or, are textures only for PS?
                  I don't remember noticing this being answered fully - you can also use textures like you would any other picture Just add them to your canvas on a new layer and experiment with blending them into the rest of the image

I've no objection as long as someone volunteers to do the collecting/posting Just hope we don't burn ourselves out and run out of ideas too soon

Seriously, the enthusiasm on this thread is astonishing - and thoroughly heartwarming
                  I agree! Feel free to suggest unofficial challenges, like the sharp-dressed man one, anytime. I don't think Jumble, Sarai or I could cope with running more than one challenge a week, but that doesn't mean that the thread as a whole has to be restricted to that. Plus, of course, you are always welcome to post any other artwork you make any time This thread really seems to have kicked everyone's mojo into life, and it's magnificent to see, but equally we don't want to burn everyone out by being too full-on with the organised challenges - we want to leave room for other stuff too!
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

RIG asked if I was going to go ahead with my plan to make a 'sharp dressed demon' sig for Crowley and I did so here it is.

Well by it I mean two wallpapers and two sigs, I might have got a little carried away but you can't prove nothing.

sigpic

Comment

LOVE them Are you entering them for the current challenge? They definitely fit

I felt my blue Martin sig needed more colour...........

I know, I know! I just can't cope without plenty of colour

Comment

Not posting a pic right now, but a link to resources is that is ok?

Found this site yesterday, they have many shows, huge batch files in zip format, all high quality blu-ray caps! Seroiusly, I've got some of the Atlantis ones (only season 1 up so far) and there are around 3000 caps in each batch if not more.

Tons and tons of Sci-fi shows, something for everyone

http://gallery.demon-cry.net/
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing loserinc! I've added it to the delicious page
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Icarus very nice!!!

Jumble more blue looks good too.

loserinc thanks for the link.

More for the challenge...

sigpic

Comment

@IcarusAbides: LOVE your "Sharp Dressed Demon" sig!

@loserinc: No Supernatural.
                              Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 15 August 2011, 12:59 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

I was looking for tut for Gimp and found B&W + color tut and here too from this resources site.Maybe some is interesting...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X