Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeliRicia View Post
    You're welcome Scian.

Thank's Jumble! I make artwork from years now & I'm not as good as I wish to but I can do some great artwork sometimes!!

http://img68.xooimage.com/files/d/9/...p2-2beec1c.png
    I'm pretty sure we could all say that

Love the colouring on that one ^^

Comment

Love seeing more sharp dressed man sigs, nice work DeliRicia
      sigpic

Comment

Thank's Jumble. I thought that this pretty pink would suit him well. I think I was right And of course, dark blue is THE Kavan's color!

Icarus, I plan to do some other sharp dressed man sigs, you'll be served!

Comment

I've been lurking for the last few days and just been loving all the gorgeous art that I've seen so far!!! Even if I'm not a fan of a particular show, the art is awesome!!

I love them!

*relurks*

EDIT: I forgot to mention: Some of the tuts that I found are from here and I wanted to say thank you! I haven't had a chance to see if I could use them in my ideas, some I have i.e. my current sig
          Last edited by yamiinsane; 18 August 2011, 07:14 AM.
          sigpic
          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Welcome to the thread Scian, DeliRicia and Yaniinsane.... and anyone I missed.

You guys are moving fast in here... And as always... You guys impress the Heck out of me with all this Awesome art.

Comment

Hey everyone, I seem to have misplaced my little not with how to desaturate in PS 7, can anyone help me out?
              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

In a bit of an arty mood today, and I used a tut from bailey1ak over on the Major Lorne/Kavan Smith thunk thread.

Spoiler:
                The quote on here is a nod to a panel Paul did a couple years ago as he was talking about the initial reaction to his decision to do a Scottish accent during the casting process. The casting director didn't want him to do a Scottish accent because "no one would understand a Scottish accent." He said, "There are educated Scottish people!" Which inspired this.

Comment

Evening all

Waaaay too much awesomeness to comment on but the thread is bursting with amazing arties!! Well done everyone.

Just a little bit of housekeeping...I'll be making the challenge post around 8pm GMT tomorrow evening so make sure you PM your entries to me by then

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    Seriously awesome work everyone! Far too many things to quote them all... I greened who I could and for those of you I couldn't, have some virtual green instead! This thread is so inspiring

I have a few things to drop off...

Firstly, for the unofficial challenge:

Then for the official one:

And one that has ended up being for both!

These are all Awesome! Love the Kara/Lee sig.

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
                    I love all the art here. This challenge was a great idea.

Josi, your challenge sigs are really awesome! And Lorne Love it, Sha!

I made a sig for the challenge, this time with no tutorial

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...s/ach02s08.jpg
                    Beautiful! I love her!

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                    I know the challenge is over, but I finally got around to my Sharp Dressed Man siggy...

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...DressedMan.jpg
                    *thunk*

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                    I have your well-being in mind.

Just made this:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...rsafaweek2.jpg

I tinted the B&W, so it's not exactly strickly B&W.
                    I tinted it with my color (orange) though, so I don't know if it counts. *sigh* I just didn't like it otherwise.

I still have time, so if it's not okay, I can probably slap together something else. This thread is doing wonders to my mojo!

EDIT: Forgot to say... Syfyfan, I like the B&W (and blue) version too.
                    Very cool!

Another entry. Not sure I like it, but sharing anyway. I used the texture Sil shared a few days ago.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...dafaweek2a.jpg

And I have the coloured version as well because I wasn't sure which one I liked better.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...and_colour.jpg

I seem to be stuck using orange as my colour though. Hehe!
                    Awesome! These are great!

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    I added some text to my red dress sig...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/bsgred01.jpg
                    Very cool.

sigpic

Comment

Awesome art everyone, and welcome to all the new people! Always good to have more artworkers on board

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                      Text for me is the most difficult layer of art. You can have a great piece but then what do you do with the text? Some people in this thread are really good at it...hoping to get a few tips from them.
                      Hmmm... *challenge idea*

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                      Scian - Why don't you stick around, someone might make some Rodney art or you could ask someone to do some and see what people come up with. I know you said you can't make some but maybe you should have a go, I've only been doing for the last couple of weeks when this thread started and I've got some pretty good results.
                      Just want to underline this - with the combined talents and expertise on this thread we should be able to answer any questions and get anyone started on artworking if you want to have a go yourself. And if not, feel free to post requests for things here too, and I'm sure at least someone would always come up with the goods This thread is deliberately multifandom, so at any one time you're likely to find a real variety of subjects represented

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                      Hey everyone, I seem to have misplaced my little not with how to desaturate in PS 7, can anyone help me out?
                      Not sure if it's the same in PS7, but in CS3 it's Ctrl+Shift+U. Or, another trick which I tend to use instead now is to make a new layer on top, fill it with grey and set to color. That way if you change your mind it's easy to go back and put your colours back
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

RIG - I think it looks great like that!
                        Thank you!

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                        Thank you! It's a cap from Jake 2.0 that someone else posted over on the Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread. As soon as I saw the color version (I had to desaturate it) with the red toolbox, I KNEW it had to be done like that.
                        You're welcome. And, you knew best!

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                        There you go...BAM, a hot Tony! Nice job, that looks great.
                        Thanks!

Text for me is the most difficult layer of art. You can have a great piece but then what do you do with the text? Some people in this thread are really good at it...hoping to get a few tips from them.
                        Text is the same for me too. I all have a difficult time with it. I'd like to get a few tips myself.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        I love what you've done with the colouring and the text
                        Thanks!

And thanks
                        You're welcome.

For me the text now doesn't stand out enough, but you know me and colours, right?
                        Yep, I do.

Either way, it's still an Awesome sig, and experimentation is the key
                        Thank you. Again.

Originally posted by Scian View Post
                        Let me start by saying everyone´s artwork is wonderful. I would not be able to do it.
                        Still, unfortunately this thread is not for me, since there seems to be no one willing to make anything for my fave, Rodney McKay.
                        Hey, Rodney is my favorite SG character too, as my name would suggest. I just, haven't been in the mood to make Rodney sigs. Lately they've been coming out crappy and I wasn't getting any good ideas so I've taken a break from Rodney, learning new techniques; honing my skills so that I can make better Rodney sigs/icons in the future. So, please be patient...and understanding. Okay?

I know about the Rodney thunk thread. I lurk there daily, but a certain name led me to believe he could be found here as well. Apparently I was wrong.
                        I'm sooooo sorry. I haven't had much inspiration in the Rodney area lately, which is why they've been coming out crappy...and lame, now I think of it. Still lookin' for pics that I can use, as well as just the right text/quote. And I've got dozens of sig ideas (for just about everyone/show that I like) running around my head, I also have a list that I'm working through. Rodney is on that list!

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                        RIG I love the Tony sig, the colours look brilliant like that. I prefer the second one you did, I really liked the text on the first one but this sig just doesn't need it.
                        Thank you so much!

What I meant to say is that I heard about this thread on the Rodney thunk thread. It raised expectations that weren't met, that's all.
                        Again, I'm so terribly sorry. Damn. Now I feel horrible.

Wait...I do seem to recall making a Rodney sig a few weeks ago or so that I posted in the Rodney thunk thread, one that, IMO did not come out crappy. Maybe you missed it? It had the difficult/impossible quote from "Brainstorm" in it.

In a bit of an arty mood today, and I used a tut from bailey1ak over on the Major Lorne/Kavan Smith thunk thread.

Spoiler:
                        The quote on here is a nod to a panel Paul did a couple years ago as he was talking about the initial reaction to his decision to do a Scottish accent during the casting process. The casting director didn't want him to do a Scottish accent because "no one would understand a Scottish accent." He said, "There are educated Scottish people!" Which inspired this.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tishBanner.jpg
                        I like!

*leaves thread to go make some Rodney art*
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Not sure if it's the same in PS7, but in CS3 it's Ctrl+Shift+U. Or, another trick which I tend to use instead now is to make a new layer on top, fill it with grey and set to color. That way if you change your mind it's easy to go back and put your colours back
                          Thanks, Josi. That was it.

sigpic

Comment

My Entries into SGA Beya's John/Teyla Kiss Challenge to make 10 icons:

sigpic

Comment

Awesome icons Padme!

A challenge entry from me...

And a colour version cause I thought it was pretty

Comment

Originally posted by DeliRicia View Post
                                Thank's Jumble. I thought that this pretty pink would suit him well. I think I was right And of course, dark blue is THE Kavan's color!

Icarus, I plan to do some other sharp dressed man sigs, you'll be served!
                                It's amazing how many men look good in pink

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                                I've been lurking for the last few days and just been loving all the gorgeous art that I've seen so far!!! Even if I'm not a fan of a particular show, the art is awesome!!

I love them!

*relurks*

EDIT: I forgot to mention: Some of the tuts that I found are from here and I wanted to say thank you! I haven't had a chance to see if I could use them in my ideas, some I have i.e. my current sig
                                Welcome to the thread! Glad to hear you've found some interesting tuts here, and love what you've done for your current sig Are you entering it for this week's challenge?

Spoiler:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tishBanner.jpg
                                Love the background/colouring on this! Care to post the link to that tut?

Btw, there's no need to put your artwork in spoilers

Edit: Awesome sigs Sarai I wish I had time to do more of these - the ideas are popping but I've got too much else to do

Comment

Working...
                                X