This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pookey View Post
    Yea, id soon change a guys gender if he walked in the ladies and he had other ideas
    He'd be singing soprano for the remainder of his days.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I believe the fact that you call them horndogs pretty much answer the question, doesn't it. They don't go in to pee, they go in to fulfill a horny need. They're not gonna last long and come out unscathed.
      Even if the females involved are Jr. High and High Schoolers, who haven't yet developed the self confidence to defend themselves? I would expect most of the problems would occur in schools.
      Granted, females tend to mature faster than males, so this would give them some advantage, but an awful lot of teenagers, male and female, don't yet have the ability to handle this kind of situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        My suggestion would be 3 restrooms, if facilities allow for it, Male, Female and Unisex.
        If transgender people are still banned from using "male" or "female" restrooms on the basis of their anatomy, adding a third category would not be substantially different.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

<Angry Rant>
          I hope all you Obama supporters are happy.
          Despite his oft-repeated pledge of "If you like your current doctor, you can keep him", I just got a letter from mine stating that she is closing her practice. Her letter explicitly cited all of the new regulations and the cost of compliance as the reason. She simply can't afford to stay in business.

This was a good doctor, I've been seeing her for more that 30 years and I trusted her.

Thanks alot, Obamabots. </Angry Rant>

Comment

More than 30 years -- basically, she's retiring.

Comment

It's clearly Obama's fault. Everyone knows doctors used to be immortal until he came along

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                Opinions on this everyone....

New laws to come into effect where anyone guilty of any corporate crime could buy their way out of jail. And OMG it's actual proposed legislation...

https://www.ag.gov.au/Consultations/...sultation.aspx
                Wha??? So people as part of 'negotiations' would now have to co-operate with any investigations? I thought they are already required to do that, under penalty of "Interfering with a Police investigation/falsifying statements/Destroying evidence" and so on????

And how is it they can say "Pay any financial penalty" but its not a Fine??

Seems like someone is being hairbrained and cozing up to big business with this crud..

You do realize that excuse is by far the lamest one around, right?

You wouldn't even recognize the person walking in to be anything other than the gender they want you to see. Unless you ask them to show their man/woman-parts before they walk in. You wouldn't have the first clue.
                Are you ****ting me? Not wanting some stranger walking in on your family is a 'Lame excuse".. You must have been snorting some real good weed last night.

As to "you won't even know unless they show you below".. I call BS on that. YES their might be some guys who could pull of looking like a gal (or visa versa) but most can't..

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                But not out of UAE or Malaysia. You can kill and jail transgenders, apparently, and that's fine with PayPal and Bruce Springsteen so long as you don't tell them which bathroom to use.
                I agree. Its rather strange he objects to a 'religious freedom bill in the states, and says he has to pull out cause of the bigotry, but has no objections to playing in countries which are a lot MORE discriminatory to transgenders/gays/Christians etc...

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                What is paypal or Bruce going to do about another country?
                The same as they hope to do here. Put economic/social/political pressure on them to change..
                Just like the US had dozens of organizations over in Ireland helping to push and push the 'gay marriage is ok' mantra, before the vote the Irish had on it last year..

My suggestion would be 3 restrooms, if facilities allow for it, Male, Female and Unisex.
                Which in many places (mostly school districts) the people in charge have offered UP as a solution, but to those transgenders using those 'unisex restrooms' it still is not enough as it 'singles them out as being different'..

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                He'd be singing soprano for the remainder of his days.
                Yea, id soon change a guys gender if he walked in the ladies and he had other ideas
                And what of the other way.. A woman going into the guys rooms? Or is that way ok, but 'we must protect the wummin..

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus

I believe the fact that you call them horndogs pretty much answer the question, doesn't it. They don't go in to pee, they go in to fulfill a horny need. They're not gonna last long and come out unscathed.
                  To add to this, I think that attitude is more representative of the person who holds that "fear", than the attitude of any transgender person. Often you hear "well if I could do that as a kid, I would have", which is very much a straight persons perspective to take (however questionable). To broaden that out a little bit into sexual attraction, the "straight perspective" would mean that you should send Gays to the ladies room and Lesbians to the Men's room so they are not near "temptation". I don't see that happening anywhere.
                  Thing is, I doubt most transgender people find the gender of the people they are going to the bathroom with all that attractive, which makes the "fear" of them doing anything pretty unfounded.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I rather doubt of her own free will. She's not even 60 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Are you ****ting me? Not wanting some stranger walking in on your family is a 'Lame excuse".. You must have been snorting some real good weed last night.
                      The fear runs deep in this one.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      As to "you won't even know unless they show you below".. I call BS on that. YES their might be some guys who could pull of looking like a gal (or visa versa) but most can't..
                      For the record, I've been mistaken so many times for a guy walking down the street I lost count. Only when I say hello, they realized their mistake.

Adding to that I've seen my male friends oogle transgenders, not even realizing they were looking at biologically male specimens.

You really must have a perfect instinct.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      To broaden that out a little bit into sexual attraction, the "straight perspective" would mean that you should send Gays to the ladies room and Lesbians to the Men's room so they are not near "temptation". I don't see that happening anywhere.
                      Oh shoot, you got me! I always hope to get a pat down at security cause you know me being biologically female, that's done by a female security guard.

I rather doubt of her own free will. She's not even 60 yet.
                      Or maybe she just doesn't want to go through the hassle of changing her methods. Ask her if she knows a good replacement -- I bet she knows a few good doctors for you to go to instead.

Comment

I've been mistaken so many times for a guy

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          There, there... they must have been in need of glasses.

Comment

You folks may have noticed that I've stayed out of this argument. From a personal standpoint, I don't care. Some prevert tries to pull some shiznit on me in a public restroom, they may not survive the encounter. Common sense tells me that when I appear to be at my most vulnerable, that is when my defenses should be the strongest.

But I really do think there is a legitimate concern for misuse here, particularly by younger males who are basically walking balls of hormones. (so are females, but they express themselves differently)

I'm quite certain that there would be more than a few cases of young males going into the women's rest rooms to get an eyeful (or more), claiming to be X gendered as justification. This behavior, while improper, is to be expected from young horndogs.

The LGBT folks can talk about equal rights till they are blue in the face, but this is a question that I think needs to be answered. Daughters, wives, etc. should not have to be subject to such misbehavior by young horndogs, but the path the LGBT lobbies advocate are a wide open invitation for such.

I think it is incumbent upon the group requesting the change to societal rules to address these concerns in a way that prevents such misuse before moving forward with their agenda.

just build in some one-at-a-time bathrooms, those are unisex by default

Comment

if I ran a business I'd just have all my public restrooms be one-at-a-time restrooms (restrooms with only one toilet that only one person or family can use at a time).....problem solved....at least so long as you remember to lock the door behind you

Comment

Or maybe she just doesn't want to go through the hassle of changing her methods. Ask her if she knows a good replacement -- I bet she knows a few good doctors for you to go to instead.
                                She did recommend several replacements, and I intend to take her recommendation.

But I did say earlier that her letter advising patients that she's closing up shop explicitly gave new regulations and costs of compliance as the reason. She & her small staff ran the practice as a small business, and the costs of the new regulations simply drove her out of business.

So much for "If you like your doctor, you can keep him".

This is the effect of LSoScare, driving medical practitioners out of business.

Comment

Working...
                                X