This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    For the record, I've been mistaken so many times for a guy walking down the street I lost count. Only when I say hello, they realized their mistake.
    I have been mistaken for a girl before, all it took was the long hair and being seen from behind
    Adding to that I've seen my male friends oogle transgenders, not even realizing they were looking at biologically male specimens.
    We see what we -expect- to see all the time
    Oh shoot, you got me! I always hope to get a pat down at security cause you know me being biologically female, that's done by a female security guard.
    I know how your perverted little mind works!!
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      She did recommend several replacements, and I intend to take her recommendation.

But I did say earlier that her letter advising patients that she's closing up shop explicitly gave new regulations and costs of compliance as the reason. She & her small staff ran the practice as a small business, and the costs of the new regulations simply drove her out of business.
      So it's ok if clinics get run out of business because they perform abortions, so states create "new regulations" to drive them out of business, but your doctor is a victim of "LSOScare"??
      Just how double are your standards, or do you not care a jot unless it affects you?
      So much for "If you like your doctor, you can keep him".
      You can keep "him" but your female doctor is getting paid less, cause they are a risk of getting pregnant, or having to take care of kids, or (insert current line of BS for not paying women equally here)
      /sarcasm

This is the effect of LSoScare, driving medical practitioners out of business.
      As opposed to the side effect of people not having any cover and dying instead?
      "I insist on your right to life, but after that, I don't care"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        As opposed to the side effect of people not having any cover and dying instead?
        "I insist on your right to life, but after that, I don't care"
        It's not as if under Obamacare there's suddenly universal healthcare coverage.

One of my American friends is a corporate RN consultant (in other words, a high level health industry professional), makes upwards of $60 000 a year AND SHE CAN'T AFFORD HEALTH INSURANCE. That's under the Obamacare rules. Somehow she isn't eligible for insurance through her employer, and it's catastrophically expensive for her and her 3 kids to pay out of pocket.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
          It's not as if under Obamacare there's suddenly universal healthcare coverage.
          I know that Womble.
          One of my American friends is a corporate RN consultant (in other words, a high level health industry professional), makes upwards of $60 000 a year AND SHE CAN'T AFFORD HEALTH INSURANCE. That's under the Obamacare rules. Somehow she isn't eligible for insurance through her employer, and it's catastrophically expensive for her and her 3 kids to pay out of pocket.
          So, rising healthcare costs and companies price gouging people are not a factor?
          sigpic

Comment

So, rising healthcare costs and companies price gouging people are not a factor?
            come on, only Communists would blame these companies
            big corporations work for the good of mankind (in fact it's their raison d'être)

There, there... they must have been in need of glasses.
            so all of them happen to be near-sighted? +_+

Comment

And what of the poor soul born male on the outside with ovaries and stuff inside....... They probably have issues that no one else can relate to......If they have the operation done, are they still male in the eyes of the law?
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                so all of them happen to be near-sighted? +_+
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  As to "you won't even know unless they show you below".. I call BS on that. YES their might be some guys who could pull of looking like a gal (or visa versa) but most can't..
                  If a guy successfully pulls off looking like a gal, or vice versa, won't you by definition be unaware that they're transgender? Doesn't that mean that you're observationally biased that they usually don't pull it off?

Isn't that the same with gay people (and thus denying them service is discrimination based upon looks), since you wouldn't know?

Comment

So it's ok if clinics get run out of business because they perform abortions, so states create "new regulations" to drive them out of business, but your doctor is a victim of "LSOScare"??
                    Just how double are your standards, or do you not care a jot unless it affects you?
                    If you can't tell the difference between a Doctors office that works to care for its patient's health and an office whose primary function is killing unborn children, I don't know what to say to you. These are two entirely different and unrelated situations.

Oh, and how does driving medical practitioners out of business do anything to make health care more accessible? It makes it LESS accessible.

Also, if you recall, a few weeks back I stated that I didn't support using ridiculous requirements to shut Texas abortion clinics down.

They should be required to have proper staff and equipment to handle emergencies that may arise in relation to the services they offer.
                    But 10 ft hall width and other "nuisance" regulations are ridiculous.

The guy who built the place... was that law in place when he built the school? Or was it enacted after the fact?
                    Last edited by Annoyed; 10 April 2016, 05:56 AM. Reason: Quoted self from a few weeks back.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                      come on, only Communists would blame these companies
                      big corporations work for the good of mankind (in fact it's their raison d'être)
                      You can read, can't you? Maybe you need more practice. Go back over what I wrote, including the part about this doctor running her practice as an independent small business? It was just her and her small staff.

Comment

You can read, can't you? Maybe you need more practice. Go back over what I wrote, including the part about this doctor running her practice as an independent small business? It was just her and her small staff.
                        you too can read can't you? GF wasn't talking about her

way to be ambiguous

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          And what of the other way.. A woman going into the guys rooms? Or is that way ok, but 'we must protect the wummin..
                          Ahh, you would have to ask a guy that, i only see it from a woman's perspective
                          sigpic

Comment

Anyone who has ever been to public toilets knows that the line for the ladies is always twice as long as the one for the gents, and anyone who's ever been in a position where mother nature's call is of the very urgent kind, knows that the shortest line is the one to go no matter which side you're on. Each of those toilets will have a seperate stall -- for emergency.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

All true FH, i know ive dived into the mens loo, it was empty at the time tho
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                                All true FH, i know ive dived into the mens loo, it was empty at the time tho
                                Pervert
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X