X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Well, you're getting closer.

Judicial (SCOTUS) interprets the laws. The Executive branch is responsible for enforcement.
    My main point still stands. If Congress passes bills that protect the rights of people, states who enact local, patently discriminatory laws are in direct violation of the 14th amendment.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I'd be demanding my money back
      Oh, there will be a lot of unhappy people over this. Sure, they'll get the ticket price itself refunded, but they won't get the service charges and such ticketron or whoever charges.

Comment

And he should provide full refunds.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          In comparison, we are like snails.
          True. Though this site still is relatively active compared to some i visit (just try seeing how much activity the SWRPGNETWORK holonet has had in the past year!)

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Heh
          No, long time ago as in "out of Africa" long time ago.
          With the geography 'skills' (Or lack there of) some people show these days, it might as well be a 'galaxy far far away'!

Even -if- they chose him because of how he feels, it still doesn't really matter because I am sure there are plenty of things that people do "on the job" that might clash with their personal beliefs. Should an atheist firefighter not put out a fire in a church? Of course not, they should just do their job.
          Doing the job though could have been done from the sidelines, rather than headling it. Though if you look at the 'signature' people took of my comment on the KKK doc, it does seem like some would have issues with doing stuff..

Ahh, that guy.
          Well, if you pass a law designed to discriminate, you can't stop people from not wanting to go to where those laws are held.
          I'll give you a more recent and similar example:
          http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...rse-we-thought
          Due to this bill, several states are issuing actual travel advisories for people to stay the hell out of NC.
          I know all about it. But the issue i see, is how is a law meant to protect people (the majority) seen as being discriminatory, in the whole "born male, use male bathrooms, not females"??
          And on the MN governor saying "we will bar all non essential travel to the state for all federal employees', well if its "Non essential" why were they going in the first place??

I liken it to those states who wanted to ban travel to AZ after governor Brewer passed SB=1070 designed to actually (Heaven forbid) Enforce Immigration laws, but have no problem sending people on govt 'business' to states/cities that FLOUT the laws and are sanctuary cities/states..

Perhaps man, perhaps. Do you understand why someone wants to punch someone back after they get hit? Does that mean you are condoning it?
          No, cause punching someone back after they've punched you is self defense. Discriminating against someone, cause in the past their kind of people (Whites, Christians, religious people of XYZ denomination, men, pick your group) discriminated against your predecessors is not the same thing.

The SCOTUS enforces or interprets the laws. What I was trying to get across to you was that the Constitution allows for the legislative branch to make law under it's auspices. I did indeed mis-speak earlier.
          Then how does that morph into you justifying the Scotus Making law, when none existed before, since they are judicial not legislative??

The Boss, Bruce Springsteen cancelled his concert, and PayPal pulled out of opening a brand office in NC.

I'm partially okay with Bruce cancelling a concert, but then again I imagine not everyone who had a ticket to go see his show support the bill in place. So I feel he could have made his message clear some other way.

Edit:
          On second thought, he does have a good point: read his statement here
          Where as i am not. For him to say
          To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress.
          when most people would not like to have their wife/daughter/son/sister/brother being in a public restroom/shower, and someone of the opposite sex just waltzing in on them, and labeling those people discriminatory is just wrong. Its like saying "The rights of the minority (LGBT) to use what THEY want to cause they self identify as, overrides the rights of the majority to not have someone of the opposite sex just walk in on them..

So would i. Heck cause of this, i don't think i ever want to see a concert of his.
          Just like if i can get away with doing so (so far one of my gaming sites has us members donate to keep it running but donating requires paypal currently to do so), i will be dropping my paypal account first chance i can.
          Last edited by garhkal; 08 April 2016, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Opinions on this everyone....

New laws to come into effect where anyone guilty of any corporate crime could buy their way out of jail. And OMG it's actual proposed legislation...

https://www.ag.gov.au/Consultations/...sultation.aspx
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              ...when most people would not like to have their wife/daughter/son/sister/brother being in a public restroom/shower, and someone of the opposite sex just waltzing in on them, and labeling those people discriminatory is just wrong.
              You do realize that excuse is by far the lamest one around, right?

You wouldn't even recognize the person walking in to be anything other than the gender they want you to see. Unless you ask them to show their man/woman-parts before they walk in. You wouldn't have the first clue.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The Boss, Bruce Springsteen cancelled his concert, and PayPal pulled out of opening a brand office in NC.
                But not out of UAE or Malaysia. You can kill and jail transgenders, apparently, and that's fine with PayPal and Bruce Springsteen so long as you don't tell them which bathroom to use.
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Opinions on this everyone....

New laws to come into effect where anyone guilty of any corporate crime could buy their way out of jail. And OMG it's actual proposed legislation...

https://www.ag.gov.au/Consultations/...sultation.aspx
                  Wow. What a crock of ****. You guys are closer to the corporate police state in "Continuum" than we are!

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                    But not out of UAE or Malaysia. You can kill and jail transgenders, apparently, and that's fine with PayPal and Bruce Springsteen so long as you don't tell them which bathroom to use.
                    What is paypal or Bruce going to do about another country?
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow. What a crock of ****. You guys are closer to the corporate police state in "Continuum" than we are!
                      Umm, didn't your banks already do this after the '08 collapse?
                      Don't you have corporate "out of court" settlements -all the time-?
                      sigpic

Comment

Umm, didn't your banks already do this after the '08 collapse?
                        Don't you have corporate "out of court" settlements -all the time-?
                        Quite right. First off, GM, Chrysler and the banks that had to be bailed out should have been allowed to fail and go bankrupt. You may have noticed that I've expressed that opinion in the past. And of course criminal conduct should have been prosecuted. The same goes for corporate lawbreaking in general. How many times have I said our government, both parties, but particularly the Republicans have been sold lock stock and barrel to big business?

The difference is that AU seems to be going the next step, codifying such deals into standard operating procedure, rather than individual deals being worked out in each case.

Comment

Hey our politicians love doing stuff like this.. This current govt. just loves showing how contemptuous they are of the population. "Born to rule" mentality and all.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

You do realize that excuse is by far the lamest one around, right?

You wouldn't even recognize the person walking in to be anything other than the gender they want you to see. Unless you ask them to show their man/woman-parts before they walk in. You wouldn't have the first clue.
                            You folks may have noticed that I've stayed out of this argument. From a personal standpoint, I don't care. Some prevert tries to pull some shiznit on me in a public restroom, they may not survive the encounter. Common sense tells me that when I appear to be at my most vulnerable, that is when my defenses should be the strongest.

But I really do think there is a legitimate concern for misuse here, particularly by younger males who are basically walking balls of hormones. (so are females, but they express themselves differently)

I'm quite certain that there would be more than a few cases of young males going into the women's rest rooms to get an eyeful (or more), claiming to be X gendered as justification. This behavior, while improper, is to be expected from young horndogs.

The LGBT folks can talk about equal rights till they are blue in the face, but this is a question that I think needs to be answered. Daughters, wives, etc. should not have to be subject to such misbehavior by young horndogs, but the path the LGBT lobbies advocate are a wide open invitation for such.

I think it is incumbent upon the group requesting the change to societal rules to address these concerns in a way that prevents such misuse before moving forward with their agenda.

My suggestion would be 3 restrooms, if facilities allow for it, Male, Female and Unisex.
                            Last edited by Annoyed; 09 April 2016, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                              That is indeed true.

What is paypal or Bruce going to do about another country?
                              As is what he said.

But I really do think there is a legitimate concern for misuse here, particularly by younger males who are basically walking balls of hormones. (so are females, but they express themselves differently)
                              I believe the fact that you call them horndogs pretty much answer the question, doesn't it. They don't go in to pee, they go in to fulfill a horny need. They're not gonna last long and come out unscathed.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yea, id soon change a guys gender if he walked in the ladies and he had other ideas
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X