This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I hate to pull you up here, but a Viking who "just put their faith in the Gods", would soon be a dead Viking, and no one would mourn them.
    Damn it, I knew I should have added "in yourself"...

(Yes dear, Off topic I know, and totally beside the point, but it irks me, and I will admit I am in an irksome mood right now)
    I don't mind.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

SoS emails are fair game.
      CF emails are not.

If Hilary sent -government emails-, to -government recievers-, where are their copies of the emails?
      Hillary can delete what she wants, it does not change the fact that the .GOV address would still have a copy of everything she sent to .GOV addresses.
      The copies of those emails would require a Freedom of Information request to be submitted for each and every recipient of those emails. And in order to even begin with that, you would need to know the recipients. And then the bureaucracy to get all of them subpoenaed... not over something they've done but over something someone else has done.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        The copies of those emails would require a Freedom of Information request to be submitted for each and every recipient of those emails. And in order to even begin with that, you would need to know the recipients. And then the bureaucracy to get all of them subpoenaed... not over something they've done but over something someone else has done.
        OK, so you have already folded on the CF emails, excellent.
        As for the rest, just declare it an issue of national security. That's what people are whinging about, right? she broke national security?
        That Patriot act that the US voted in gives wide ranging powers to deal with national security, so your argument amounts to......... nothing.
        They don't need subpoena's, they don't need FoI requests, and that's just the "legal problems" thrown in the way that mean jack crap. As for the technical side, No one has yet answered the question I posted almost a month ago, what is a server, and what does it do, just more tap dancing around the basic fact that even educated people like yourself are not sure what a server is or does.
        But sure, chuck someone under a bus based on the "informed opinion" of the general population.
        Weapon's grade plum's indeed.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Comment

OK, so you have already folded on the CF emails, excellent.
            "Folded"? I believe I explained why your earlier claim was unreasonable.

As for the rest, just declare it an issue of national security. That's what people are whinging about, right? she broke national security?
            That Patriot act that the US voted in gives wide ranging powers to deal with national security, so your argument amounts to......... nothing.
            They don't need subpoena's, they don't need FoI requests, and that's just the "legal problems" thrown in the way that mean jack crap.
            I don't even know where to start with this piece of utter ignorance so I'll ask you one question.

Which Title of the Act do you believe Clinton's email scandal would fall under that would allow this sort of unobstructed investigation?

As for the technical side, No one has yet answered the question I posted almost a month ago, what is a server, and what does it do, just more tap dancing around the basic fact that even educated people like yourself are not sure what a server is or does.
            But sure, chuck someone under a bus based on the "informed opinion" of the general population.
            Weapon's grade plum's indeed.
            I believe people just didn't take your nonsense with the seriousness you ascribed to it.

I'll humor you. A mail server is a computer that runs MTA (message transfer agent) software to relay emails. How does it help your case exactly?
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Comment

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j393/Storyteller_101/YL017Yw.png
                LOL!!

I should print this and stick it to the wall of the ICT department's toilet.

Comment

"Folded"? I believe I explained why your earlier claim was unreasonable.
                  Not at all.
                  I don't even know where to start with this piece of utter ignorance so I'll ask you one question.

Which Title of the Act do you believe Clinton's email scandal would fall under that would allow this sort of unobstructed investigation?
                  50 USC 1861 and the expansions granted under the patriot act.

I believe people just didn't take your nonsense with the seriousness you ascribed to it.
                  Probably, but that's not my concern.
                  I'll humor you. A mail server is a computer that runs MTA (message transfer agent) software to relay emails. How does it help your case exactly?
                  Who owns MTA's Womble?
                  The server (in at least the hardware aspect), or the provider?
                  Did Hilary "homebrew" her own MTA protocol and inflict it on the government?

She can delete, -hard delete- anything on her private data banks, but any copy sent from her system will still exist on the receiving "server", or even those run by the MTA server.

But sure, be a teaspoon.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Freedom of Information Act pertains to citizens getting information from the government for the sake of transparency. For example, if I knew that the police had data on arrests to trace trends and I ask for it, they can't deny it because of FoI. The government doesn't need FoI...I'm confused on that part between Gatefan and Womble...what are you both on about?
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      The latest CNN poll shows Trump loosing.
                      speaking of

https://www.scribd.com/doc/316341058...and-Affidavits

Last edited by SoulReaver; 01 July 2016, 08:42 AM. Reason: url

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I can actually understand about 50% of what he is saying
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Not at all.

50 USC 1861 and the expansions granted under the patriot act.
                            Paragraph a)

(1) Subject to paragraph (3), the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation or a designee of the Director (whose rank shall be no lower than Assistant Special Agent in Charge) may make an application for an order requiring the production of any tangible things (including books, records, papers, documents, and other items) for an investigation to obtain foreign intelligence information not concerning a United States person or to protect against international terrorism or clandestine intelligence activities, provided that such investigation of a United States person is not conducted solely upon the basis of activities protected by the first amendment to the Constitution.

Where would it fall under- investigation not concerning a US person, investigation of international terrorism, or of clandestine intelligence activities?

Who owns MTA's Womble?
                            The server (in at least the hardware aspect), or the provider?
                            Did Hilary "homebrew" her own MTA protocol and inflict it on the government?

She can delete, -hard delete- anything on her private data banks, but any copy sent from her system will still exist on the receiving "server", or even those run by the MTA server.

But sure, be a teaspoon.
                            And we're back to the same nonsense.

Her server communicated with God only knows how many receiving servers. If you want to collect someone's emails, you don't go making lists of all the people they have ever emailed (and how would you go about it without previously obtaining a list of her outgoing emails and addresses they were sent to)? You go to the server from which they were sent. Once Clinton's server has been wiped (VERY thoroughly wiped including being overwritten with junk data), how do you even know which receiving servers to search?

It's the single most stupid objection to any argument you've fielded in any Gateworld discussion so far.

Comment

I'm sure the NSA has that list somewhere, right next to the list of all of my google searches and text messages
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X