• Show
Clear All

Progress always happens eventually
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Progress always happens eventually
      It does? Look at the middle east. That part of the world has been a trouble spot for 2000 years and there is no sign that it will ever be anything but a trouble spot.

Comment

It's easy to point out how terrible the world is now. It's harder to look at how it's changed for the better from 2000 years ago
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          It does? Look at the middle east. That part of the world has been a trouble spot for 2000 years and there is no sign that it will ever be anything but a trouble spot.
          The price of conservatism.
          You should be well aware of that cost, you think it is a good thing.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            It's easy to point out how terrible the world is now. It's harder to look at how it's changed for the better from 2000 years ago
            No doubt, many things have improved. But there is also a lot of things which have not improved, or have gone backwards. So progress is not guaranteed.

Comment

No doubt, many things have improved. But there is also a lot of things which have not improved, or have gone backwards. So progress is not guaranteed.
              You just proved the opposite
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                To be fair, I thought he was dead.
                Bruce, or Ringo Starr??

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...4a51d0eb0b7847

OK not sure what to make of this........ Is gender politics weird?
                So they want to go back to the days of segregation, all in the name of 'safety'?

And most of those countries listed are Muslim, ergo their 'female only' train carriages are more likely a control means, rather than 'cause of safety'..

Wrong.

You'll simply be left behind when progress does finally happen.
                But is it really progress, or going backwards?
                Like in those US colleges where black lives matter protestors are pushing for "Black only dorms" and such.... basicaly wanting to go BACK to segregation..

Comment

The only time "Black Lives Matter" is when their deaths can be blamed on whites, often police.
                  If they really had concern over them, they would be decrying a much more common cause of early deaths among black, and that would be black on black crime, murder and such. But they can't blame white folks for those, so they don't matter.

Comment

but at the end of the day, men and women are not and never will be equal
                    nonsense, they have to be equal (equality is paramount)

Spoken like a man...
                    The last guy to grab my butt in a crowded place got my elbow against his throat, and my knee in his crotch
                    like a man :|
                    so, no charges? I wonder what'd happen to a man if he did same thing to a woman in a similar context. hopefully no charges either (after all equality is paramount)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                      nonsense, they have to be equal (equality is paramount)

like a man :|
                      so, no charges? I wonder what'd happen to a man if he did same thing to a woman in a similar context. hopefully no charges either (after all equality is paramount)
                      What FH did would be covered under self defence laws, which are the same no matter the gender.
                      sigpic

Comment

The only time "Black Lives Matter" is when their deaths can be blamed on whites, often police.
                        Garbage, their aim is police violence and racial inequality issues such as sentencing and racial profiling. You might as well say "breast cancer organizations don't care about prostate cancer, so they are bad"

If they really had concern over them, they would be decrying a much more common cause of early deaths among black, and that would be black on black crime, murder and such. But they can't blame white folks for those, so they don't matter.
                        They do matter, but that is not their purview or focus. Other organizations exist that are better positioned to break the "join a gang" mindset that you are alluding to.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          What FH did would be covered under self defence laws, which are the same no matter the gender.
                          elbow to the throat + kick in the groin vs a butt grab? that's some serious leeway (some) people get when it comes to self defence
                          that'll sure teach that guy
                          Spoiler:
                          that better hang for a sheep than for a lamb, as the saying goes

Comment

Spoken like a man...

The last guy to grab my butt in a crowded place got my elbow against his throat, and my knee in his crotch. Something he had clearly not anticipated on.

Hey, good for you...but didn't you say in past posts that you'd rather run than fight back if attacked?

This statement is actually...not true. Not at all true. The middle east wasn't anymore trouble between the 7th and 10th centuries anymore than Italy was trouble between the 1st and 4th centuries. And there are other periods of time just like that within the last 2000 years.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            So the disproportionate response is justified...I'll remember this for another topic should it ever come up again. I, however, do believe that sometimes a very serious and strong response is needed. That guy will hopefully think twice before inappropriately touching anyone else and will hopefully not even think about going further.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              So the disproportionate response is justified...I'll remember this for another topic should it ever come up again. I, however, do believe that sometimes a very serious and strong response is needed. That guy will hopefully think twice before inappropriately touching anyone else and will hopefully not even think about going further.
                              Errr, what she did is not a disproportionate response. She was physically assaulted, so she returned the favour. She did not pull a knife or gun (which is where the disproportional response (escalation) laws kick in, depending on where you live of course).
                              Remember Tood, I am talking about the LAW, not peoples views on what the law should or should not be.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                                elbow to the throat + kick in the groin vs a butt grab? that's some serious leeway (some) people get when it comes to self defence
                                that'll sure teach that guy
                                Spoiler:
                                that better hang for a sheep than for a lamb, as the saying goes
                                No, that's the law.
                                It could have been handled differently, sure, but barring some kind of freak accident, neither act will cause permanent damage. as for it just being a "grab on the butt", that could fall under sexual assault, so is kicking a guy in the nuts.
                                Sounds reasonable to me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X