This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Outback toilets are less full of crap than this.
    Well, you have to remember, NYS is full of crap because it's run by liberal democrats

Excerpts from:
    https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/ad...-abortion-law/

The RHA permits abortions when — according to a medical professional’s “reasonable and good faith professional judgment based on the facts of the patient’s case” — “the patient is within twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or there is an absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the patient’s life or health.”

In other words, women may choose to have an abortion prior to 24 weeks; pregnancies typically range from 38 to 42 weeks. After 24 weeks, such decisions must be made with a determination that there is an “absence of fetal viability” or that the procedure is “necessary to protect the patient’s life or health.” That determination must be made by a “health care practitioner licensed, certified, or authorized” under state law, “acting within his or her lawful scope of practice.”
    New York’s new law does not explicitly define “health.”

In what is considered a companion case, Doe v. Bolton, the U.S. Supreme Court held that “medical judgment may be exercised in the light of all factors — physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman’s age — relevant to the wellbeing of the patient. All these factors may relate to health. This allows the attending physician the room he needs to make his best medical judgment.”

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Which is more compassionate? Seeing the truth of the situation and keeping silent, or pointing out the facts so that steps can be taken to lessen the impact when it happens again?

If California would tell their enviros to STFU and properly manage their forests, it might not be so bad next time. And there will be a next time.
      Nothing in his statement and public appearance at the time was remotely close to compassion. You know, maybe say that he's behind the people of Cali instead of going on a MAGA stroke at the first occasion he gets. Trump just can't help himself, he never got out of election mode, even when elected.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      could always suspend the fishing limits for Asian carp only, allowing local fishermen to harvest as much as they like...sell to restaurants for use in seafood dishes, feed to the poor in soup kitchen's etc......more than one way to skin a cat as the saying goes
      Pretty sure that's been done already (fishing limits). But it's like trying to empty a lake with a straw. I've seen some videos of folks going around in small boats equipped with electric rods, they send a small shock in the water and those carps start jumping all over the place. Found this video, a bit on the dramatic side but that's basically it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc-e8EGkLMo

Not true. There are very stark differences between the two parties. Just to name two, the Democrats want open borders, want to give illegals the right to vote, etc, and they are also the party of abortion, up to and including very late term. And this is not only if the mother's life is in danger, it's to be allowed if her "health" is impacted, which naturally includes the mental health effects of the stress of having a kid.
      You've just proven MG was right. You say they want open borders, they say your side wants the borders shut completely. Two sides of the same coin, the good and the bad, the bacon and the vegan.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Nothing in his statement and public appearance at the time was remotely close to compassion. You know, maybe say that he's behind the people of Cali instead of going on a MAGA stroke at the first occasion he gets. Trump just can't help himself, he never got out of election mode, even when elected.
        Telling them what the problem is and how to fix it isn't behind them? Basically, the problem is their own fault. But no one likes to hear that, even if they should.

You've just proven MG was right. You say they want open borders, they say your side wants the borders shut completely. Two sides of the same coin, the good and the bad, the bacon and the vegan.
        Hmm.. maybe interpretation. I took what MG said as meaning that both parties are pushing the same agenda, which they are clearly not.

Comment

Telling them what the problem is and how to fix it isn't behind them? Basically, the problem is their own fault. But no one likes to hear that, even if they should.
          I'm done, you just can't recognize that twisting the knife in the wound is something that a kindergartner would do, not a President.

Hmm.. maybe interpretation. I took what MG said as meaning that both parties are pushing the same agenda, which they are clearly not.
          They sure don't, well actually, only one side has an agenda and it's driven by the Corps which holds the Replican'ts by the balls. But I'm hopeful, many are turning their cloaks and recognizing that Climate changes are happening. Just need to get rid of the scum in your favorite party.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/senate...bill-1.5056100

Looks like McDonny is losing support fast.
            Spoiler:

Comment

I'm done, you just can't recognize that twisting the knife in the wound is something that a kindergartner would do, not a President.
              Maybe you're not getting the point.

California causes their own difficulties. They've been whining about being in a drought for a long time now, despite there being adequate rainfall. There were also issues obtaining sufficient water to combat the fires, as I understand it.

There was also the issue that the fires spread swiftly due to poor forest management.

The droughts and water shortages are NOT the result of real droughts, they are the result of the state's catering to their enviros with laws restricting water usage and such.

The same enviros have gotten restrictions placed so the state can't clear brush in their forests, which was a big contributor to the swift spread of the fires.

I'm sorry, but if you're shooting yourself in the foot, you neither deserve or get my sympathy. I feel more sympathy for the thousands of forest critters who lost their lives and homes than I do the people. They had nothing to do with it, whereas the people caused their own problems.

Comment

Maybe you're not getting the point.
                As you might've noticed, I did not argue or brought up facts since they obviously don't sink in with you. It had absolutely nothing to do with clearing forests, that's just MAGA logic.

Cali had experienced record low humidity levels and very high winds, which is the main cause of the 2018 fires. The forest brush serves as fuel sure, but if you actually knew a little bit about America's coastal forests you would know that Redwood trees are well known to spread ''ember fires''. The trees literally go like roman candles and project embers all around, igniting the nearby trees. Combine that with wind + dryness and you've got a good cake-mix of forest fires. The embers do not even reach the ground, they ignite the trees from up top. We have the same forests in British-Columbia.

You need to go easy on Trump's Kool-Aid and actually think for yourself mate.
                Spoiler:

Comment

As you might've noticed, I did not argue or brought up facts since they obviously don't sink in with you. It had absolutely nothing to do with clearing forests, that's just MAGA logic.

Cali had experienced record low humidity levels and very high winds, which is the main cause of the 2018 fires. The forest brush serves as fuel sure, but if you actually knew a little bit about America's coastal forests you would know that Redwood trees are well known to spread ''ember fires''. The trees literally go like roman candles and project embers all around, igniting the nearby trees. Combine that with wind + dryness and you've got a good cake-mix of forest fires. The embers do not even reach the ground, they ignite the trees from up top. We have the same forests in British-Columbia.

You need to go easy on Trump's Kool-Aid and actually think for yourself mate.
                  CA's water shortages have been an ongoing problem for a long time, way before Trump even entered politics. I recall a gag email that went around back in 2000 or so where a daughter was sending mail to her mother in another state, bellyaching about the water shortages and such, and at the final sentence she said something about all the wonderful things that enviromentals were doing out there. I know I saved that somewhere, but I can't find it right now..
                  The point being is that their issues predate Trump by a long time, and they are NOT his fault, no matter how much you like to blame everything on him.

It's like climate change.. If man causes that, how come there have been warming/cooling periods throughout history?

Comment

CA's water shortages have been an ongoing problem for a long time, way before Trump even entered politics.
                    Cause = Dryness + winds, both affected by CC's
                    Effect = Forest fires
                    Consequences = Having water shortages means fires can't be put out quick enough or slowed down sufficiently. This part you got right.
                    Stupidity = Stating that these fires would've been prevented if the brush was cleared

You once again fail to realize you're knee deep in Trump's propaganda circular reasoning. You asked previously what was that propaganda we mentioned, this is a perfect example.

It's like climate change.. If man causes that, how come there have been warming/cooling periods throughout history?
                    Because you don't understand science, simply put. Or in Kangaroo language:

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Outback toilets are less full of crap than this.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

There was an air raid siren in my city right now. Apparently a volley of rockets was just fired from Gaza at the Tel Aviv area. Iron Dome was activated, my coworkers heard explosions. Just about the last thing I need right now.
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I wonder what kangaroo meat taste like?
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                            There was an air raid siren in my city right now. Apparently a volley of rockets was just fired from Gaza at the Tel Aviv area. Iron Dome was activated, my coworkers heard explosions. Just about the last thing I need right now.
                            Hope you're okay man!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                              All good Womble?
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'm good. It might impact me at work though.
                                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                                X