• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    "Let 'zem eat carp?"
    Basically.
    Is that who the US is now?
    Is that what you want them to be?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Oh dear and this latest tweet.

Planes are too complicated.

Tell me that was a staffer or someone stole his phone.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        And why is it "propaganda" ? Because you disagree with it?

I see it, you can't read a news article these days without some lazy reporter telling us what the tweet said, and then pasting in the raw tweet, rather than actually working and reporting the story.
        You obviously don't read them, and a quick glance at the comments of his tweets is enough to tell me how many jarheads believe his BS and praise him like a God, the MAGA religion.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Oh dear and this latest tweet.

Planes are too complicated.

Tell me that was a staffer or someone stole his phone.
        Trump strong suit is to resort to disrespect shortly after a tragedy. 157 people dies, he blames the complexity of the planes. Forest fires in Cali, you guys should clean the forest. Unpresidential.

He's like that annoying guy I'm sure everybody knows that always plays the devil's advocate in a conversation simply to trigger people.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post

Trump strong suit is to resort to disrespect shortly after a tragedy. 157 people dies, he blames the complexity of the planes. Forest fires in Cali, you guys should clean the forest. Unpresidential.

He's like that annoying guy I'm sure everybody knows that always plays the devil's advocate in a conversation simply to trigger people.
          Regarding the aircraft, it's too soon to tell, we don't know the story yet. But Engineer Scott had a very good line in Star Trek III, "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain".

As far as California forests go, he is correct on that. The enviros out there have made it illegal to properly manage forestland, clear old deadwood, brush & so forth. The enviros like to pretend that mankind shouldn't exist. This was fine when there were no humans to care if the forests caught fire and burned themselves clear once in a while. Although it's sad to know that so many animals lose their lives in such events.

But we do care. We have homes and such that get burned down, along with the forests. So proper management is needed. And they can't do that out there, due to the enviros.

Comment

Regarding the aircraft, it's too soon to tell, we don't know the story yet. But Engineer Scott had a very good line in Star Trek III, "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain".

As far as California forests go, he is correct on that. The enviros out there have made it illegal to properly manage forestland, clear old deadwood, brush & so forth. The enviros like to pretend that mankind shouldn't exist. This was fine when there were no humans to care if the forests caught fire and burned themselves clear once in a while. Although it's sad to know that so many animals lose their lives in such events.

But we do care. We have homes and such that get burned down, along with the forests. So proper management is needed. And they can't do that out there, due to the enviros.
            First off, you just said it, we don't know, yet McDonald goes ahead and make this ridiculous, inappropriate and disrespectful statement.

Second, for the Cali fires, it is a natural cycle, most forests on the west coast of the Americas, just like in BC here, are supposed to burn down in order to have new sprouts and renewing the forest. The seeds in the ground actually only sprout if there is intense heat above it, it's nature. Except for one aggravating factor, which is climate change.

Whatever the cause may be, it is neither the place nor the time to say something like that and he keeps doing it time and time again.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

That would be very bad news for the Great Lakes, since this is the biggest fresh water reservoir of the whole world, and basically our future.
              Nitpicking time. The Great Lakes are not the biggest fresh water reservoir of the world, my friend. Leaving aside the glaciers and the groundwater, each of which has more fresh water than all surface water combined, the single biggest source of liquid fresh water is Lake Baikal in Siberia. It holds more water than all of the Great Lakes combined.

I hear they've been trying to control Asian carp infestation by reintroducing alligator gars, the only native predator fish that doesn't show a preference for native prey fish over the asian carp.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

First off, you just said it, we don't know, yet McDonald goes ahead and make this ridiculous, inappropriate and disrespectful statement.

Second, for the Cali fires, it is a natural cycle, most forests on the west coast of the Americas, just like in BC here, are supposed to burn down in order to have new sprouts and renewing the forest. The seeds in the ground actually only sprout if there is intense heat above it, it's nature. Except for one aggravating factor, which is climate change.

Whatever the cause may be, it is neither the place nor the time to say something like that and he keeps doing it time and time again.
                Nice try at deflection. Those fires have been going on for a very long time. As I said, the only difference is that Humans are now present to be affected by them.
                Humans CAN manage the forests to minimize the spread of fires, if they wish. However, if the people that live there choose not to manage them, those people had best move out of the area, or accept the fires. One or the other.

Comment

Thanks for the correction Womble. Those gars got some nasty set of teeth.

Nice try at deflection. Those fires have been going on for a very long time. As I said, the only difference is that Humans are now present to be affected by them.
                  Humans CAN manage the forests to minimize the spread of fires, if they wish. However, if the people that live there choose not to manage them, those people had best move out of the area, or accept the fires. One or the other.
                  You don't get what I'm saying. What I'm talking about is the intention and the impacts of Trump's callousness. It's like your dad dies working on a rooftop and you just drop in on the scene and go "well he didn't wear a harness, no ****". How would you react to that?

Do that times the thousands of families that got a slap in the face during both events.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Basically.
                    Is that who the US is now?
                    Is that what you want them to be?
                    could always suspend the fishing limits for Asian carp only, allowing local fishermen to harvest as much as they like...sell to restaurants for use in seafood dishes, feed to the poor in soup kitchen's etc......more than one way to skin a cat as the saying goes

Comment

could always suspend the fishing limits for Asian carp only, allowing local fishermen to harvest as much as they like...sell to restaurants for use in seafood dishes, feed to the poor in soup kitchen's etc......more than one way to skin a cat as the saying goes
                      That's a good idea MG, I would suggest the US runs with it.
                      BUT
                      Not the point I was making.
                      Let me put it in a different framework.
                      George Pell, 3rd highest cardinal in the Catholic church is now sitting in Gaol out here on peadophelia charges.
                      He is a legally proven child rapist.
                      Do you think he would be a good spokesman for the Catholic church -even if- you agreed with his policies?
                      That's the question the US needs to answer. Is trump a good representative of the ideals of the US?
                      Is being a bad (or more specifically CRIMINAL) representative acceptable if you "get what you want"?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        That's a good idea MG, I would suggest the US runs with it.
                        BUT
                        Not the point I was making.
                        Let me put it in a different framework.
                        George Pell, 3rd highest cardinal in the Catholic church is now sitting in Gaol out here on peadophelia charges.
                        He is a legally proven child rapist.
                        Do you think he would be a good spokesman for the Catholic church -even if- you agreed with his policies?
                        That's the question the US needs to answer. Is trump a good representative of the ideals of the US?
                        Is being a bad (or more specifically CRIMINAL) representative acceptable if you "get what you want"?
                        I knew for a long time about his Dr. House-like "bedside manner"....do I agree with a lot of what he's trying to accomplish? I would say yes....could he be less "House"-like...also yes.....part of the reason why I didn't vote for the guy to begin with but we would unfortunately appear to have de-facto single party rule in the US now with I think modern-day Democrats and Republicans being more like 2 sides of the same tarnished coin than 2 distinct parties

Comment

I knew for a long time about his Dr. House-like "bedside manner"....do I agree with a lot of what he's trying to accomplish? I would say yes....could he be less "House"-like...also yes.....part of the reason why I didn't vote for the guy to begin with but we would unfortunately appear to have de-facto single party rule in the US now with I think modern-day Democrats and Republicans being more like 2 sides of the same tarnished coin than 2 distinct parties
                          You did not answer the question, would you want him to be a representative of your faith as a convicted criminal?
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the correction Womble. Those gars got some nasty set of teeth.

You don't get what I'm saying. What I'm talking about is the intention and the impacts of Trump's callousness. It's like your dad dies working on a rooftop and you just drop in on the scene and go "well he didn't wear a harness, no ****". How would you react to that?

Do that times the thousands of families that got a slap in the face during both events.
                            Which is more compassionate? Seeing the truth of the situation and keeping silent, or pointing out the facts so that steps can be taken to lessen the impact when it happens again?

If California would tell their enviros to STFU and properly manage their forests, it might not be so bad next time. And there will be a next time.

Comment

Not true. There are very stark differences between the two parties. Just to name two, the Democrats want open borders, want to give illegals the right to vote, etc, and they are also the party of abortion, up to and including very late term. And this is not only if the mother's life is in danger, it's to be allowed if her "health" is impacted, which naturally includes the mental health effects of the stress of having a kid.

Comment

Not true. There are very stark differences between the two parties. Just to name two, the Democrats want open borders, want to give illegals the right to vote, etc, and they are also the party of abortion, up to and including very late term. And this is not only if the mother's life is in danger, it's to be allowed if her "health" is impacted, which naturally includes the mental health effects of the stress of having a kid.
                                Outback toilets are less full of crap than this.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X