Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community (NBC) Discussion and Appreciation .(Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last week's new episode was great. looking forward to the back half of this season.

i love that maybe NBC has realized its the time slot that kills the ratings, since 30 Rock tanked to terribly during its 8pm run.
    Community is so above the fray of the common idiot denominator in this country, that there's no way it could pull enough people away from american idol.
    frankly, i don't understand how the big bang theory gets such good ratings either - i love it - but most of the jokes, nuances, and ideas are way over most people's heads.

either way, community is still the best show on tv.

Comment

I Just love when Troy Cries.... has to be the funniest part of the show lol
      sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

as much as I like Cougar Town, HIMYM and others this has to be my one and only favorite comedy show that I really love, so glad Season 3 is back on and hope it gets renewed for more seasons, Alison Brie is... well... Alison Brie but I like the whole gang equally!
        sigpic

Comment

I really want to invest in Hawthorne industries.

Comment

Havent been that impressed with the return of community i hope it gets better

I did happen to like the before and after joke
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

ahahahaha! god i love this show lol
              sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

best show.

top rated show this thursday. beat big bang as well.

Comment

Definitely my favorite show that has started in the past five years, originality is what gives it the edge over Parks and Recreation. Parks and Rec falls to number two simply because it is basically a twist on The Office. Of course my favorite overall currently running show would be The Simpsons, but it has had time to earn and keep that spot. LOL

The other day I read that a feud between the creator of the show, Dan Harmon, and Chevy Chase has been made public. I don't really need to know what it is all about, but I hope it doesn't effect the show. I do know that Chevy hasn't really had a whole lot of good material this season, so I wonder if that has something to do with it? He had some truly great stuff last season, but that also required him to take the role of a villain too often. Anyway, I hope they work it out and start coming up with better material for him.

Comment

I just read that the feud is hopefully over. Dan Harmon apologized and hopefully Chevy Chase accepted and they are moving on.

Comment

don't kid yourself. the simpsons hasn't been watchable for well over a decade.

i think we're in good shape for a renewal. it's pulling good numbers.

if NBC would finally get rid of the office, which is tired, old, not really funny in the first place, Community could easily move into the 9pm slot - though they'd probably give it to 30 Rock, which is also showing its age.

Comment

The only thing NBC is good for is Saturday Night Live otherwise those corrupt bloviators can go to h***
                        1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
                        5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
                        6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Comment

Quality or not The Office does better then Community in ratings
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                            if NBC would finally get rid of the office, which is tired, old, not really funny in the first place, Community could easily move into the 9pm slot - though they'd probably give it to 30 Rock, which is also showing its age.
                            You said it; though 30 Rock could probably move to 8:30 effortlessly. I mean it's still got a couple of years even though it's showing it's age, there are a lot of people on a certain internet forum I board on who love it to death.

NBC should get rid of the Office, that show was somewhat good but it was never really funny; even in 2006. They should get rid of these following shows:
                            • Fear Factor (what does it say about a show if they won't let you drink piss.
                            • Whitney (sucks balls.)
                            • Harry's Law (never should of gone past a first season)
                            • Are You There, Chelsea? (it's me, cancellation; only reason why it got picked up is because Chelsea Lately has a show on E! which is owned by Comcast, the parent company of NBC.)
                            • Best Friends Forever (You know it's going to suck.)
                            • Up All Night (I don't care if it has Will Arnett in it, it's pretentious and a pitiful attempt to replicate SNL-style comedy.)
                            • Awake (not much different from your CBS crime procedural show, and really boring.)
                            • Fashion Star (A style show repurposed for NBC, you can just smell the cableness of it.)
                            • The Voice (Thousands of people may like this show, I don't; it just smells of desperation that worked.)

It's a pity when these are the best shows on the network right now..
                            • 30 Rock
                            • Parks and Recreation
                            • Community
                            • Rock Center with Brian Williams
                            • NBC Nightly News
                            • Parenthood
                            • Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
                            • Smash
                            • Grimm
                            • Babar

In the case of Smash and Grimm... I couldn't get into Smash but it's pretty decent drama; Grimm is disapointing and boring but it's good fun if you're awake at 9:00 PM on a Friday and need something to take your mind off things. NBC Nightly News is okay, I prefer CBS News and really... You just know there has to be someone in the world who tunes in every Saturday at 9:30 AM to watch this show, The Magic School Bus and Chuck would be on there but both are dead so RIP. L&O SVU I don't watch but it did get renewed.

Anyways, if The Office gets killed. I really hope Community gets better promotion; I recently caught the show and I found it to be pretty good and enjoyable. Again, really hoping.
                            Back from the grave.

Comment

I liked the first half of season three more... kinda dissapointed in the last two episodes... if it wasnt for alison brie, I would stop watching it..
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rawtheran View Post
                                The only thing NBC is good for is Saturday Night Live otherwise those corrupt bloviators can go to h***
                                uh. You do know that SNL hasn't been worth watching since the late 90's, right?

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Quality or not The Office does better then Community in ratings
                                That's because people are stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X