The Big Bang Theory - Discussion & Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spimman
    I looked ahead and noticed quite a few shows will still be airing new episodes next week, although I've already seen others say it will be after the Olympics.
    I would guess those shows airing in the Olympics are burn off. Note cable tv does not follow this rule.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
      No. No reasons were given.
      They showed 'The Thanksgiving Decoupling' and then they said they will start showing new shows in April..!
      They took it off to make room for How I Met Your Mother

The final season is starting next Thursday at 8:30.. exactly when The Big Bang Theory was on.. And they're showing a repeat of the previous episode of HIMYM at 8 PM..

Comment

Thanks PH.
        I didn't know that. I also realise that, and I do believe, it is the last season of HIMYM.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

It is. The 'who' the daddy is or whatever is the big reveal (Don't watch the show, just heard about it)
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
            Thanks PH.
            I didn't know that. I also realise that, and I do believe, it is the last season of HIMYM.
            This week, at least, they're showing the last episode from the last season and the first from the new season back to back.. They were doing that with The Big Bang Theory too, but with all the catch-up opportunities (repeats) the plus one channel and 4-oD there's really no need because it's not possible to miss an episode now

They could show a new episode of each show each week..

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            It is. The 'who' the daddy is or whatever is the big reveal (Don't watch the show, just heard about it)
            The big reveal of the previous season was seeing the mother's face for the first time.. We've known for a while how they met.. and what she looks like as of the last episode of the last season.. all we need now is a name We know it works out ok

Comment

I wonder if Penny and Leonard will finally admit they love each other and move in together?
              But that would change the show's dynamic.

And will Sheldon and Amy, well you know, do the things that Amy would like to do...?

Comment

Sheldon has started to become more... human recently And did say that the kind of relationship Amy wants isn't completely out of the question any more..

Penny and Leonard living together would upset the balance of the show... But it has been building towards that since the very first episode..

But I've been thinking about how it could end.. Penny has been the catalyst for all the adventures they've had over the years, Raj would never have discovered alcohol allowed him to talk to women, Howard wouldn't have met Bernadette. Howard and Raj tried to get Leonard to sign up to online dating when Penny started dating someone else.. which led to them creating an account for Sheldon so they would never have met Amy..

It's possible that it might end with them moving in together, it would change the dynamic but it wouldn't matter by that point. Then Amy could move in with Sheldon.. and Stuart can move in with Raj (because they're perfect for each other)

Then it could flash back to the scene when they meet Penny for the first time..

*paraphrasing*

Leonard: New neighbour?
                Sheldon: A considerable improvement on the old neighbour..

etc...

Leonard: We should welcome her to the building.. it's the neighbourly thing to do..
                Sheldon: Really, Leonard? And what good could possibly come of that?
                Leonard: You know it wouldn't hurt to meet new people.
                Sheldon: Actually, it could.. You know I'm right.

They go inside.. *end credits*

An "it was all a dream" ending would drive everyone crazy though so it probably wouldn't happen that way. Unless they add an after the credits scene with Leonard waking up, turning over in bed to tell Penny he had the craziest dream about the day they first met
                Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 01 February 2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I like the 'It was all a dream' ending idea.
                  But I am sure they'll come up with an ending that will please everyone when the series comes to it's natural end.

Comment

My impression of the cast and crew....they care. They are on top and seem to pretty much be able to cut their own shots, but their commitment seems to be to the characters. To me, it's not like other shows, where the writers decide to play and indulge their inner fanfic writer. I really have faith in this show remaining good to the end.

sigpic

Comment

I wonder how many more seasons it will last?

Comment

they're on 6? 10 at the max.

sigpic

Comment

I say it could go beyond 10 if the production company wanted too. With the ratings big bang gets it will be a long time before CBS cancels it. It will probably be cancelled with production values get too high or one of the main characters leaves.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I believe they are on season 7 at the moment.

Comment

ok, knew it was up there. I know they were renewed through season 8 a couple of years ago. So that can be the crux, when it comes time for negotiating contracts for season 9 will the show still have the ratings to pay the salaries the actors will likely demand.

Which is why I can see them negotiating season 9 and 10 contracts and then season 11 will be up in the air.

But right now, if it keeps beating american idol, they will have a lot of bargaining power.

sigpic

Comment

TBBT is one of the popular programmes on E4 here in UK.

Comment

Working...
                                X