The Big Bang Theory - Discussion & Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Sky.

Therefore I must be good and not read any spoilers...
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Ugh... it seems like they only put out two new episodes a month.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Well here in the UK we've got to wait until April for any new episodes.

Comment

First of all: I love TBBT! Again it's the characters and actors that make it that great, but I got hoked because of the greatest Star Trek references, Sheldons view on ST in general fits mine pretty well.
          I loved the last episode a lot, but I understand people who aren't comfortable with the Shamy.

I think this February-hiatus is because of the Olympics (normally it would be sweeps), but that means we have more episodes in march. I'm still not really over the last episode, so this pause is actually not bad.
          Appearances may be deceiving.
          One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
          A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
          Never run with... scissors?

Comment

In a move that will probably surprise no one, the Big Bang Theory was renewed for 3 seasons.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...by-cbs/244155/
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Yay? I don't like ship names. It's either Sheldon/ Amy or Amy/ Sheldon. Either way, it can be fun to watch... sometimes. Mostly it feels awkward.
              sigpic

Comment

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/03/1...p-to-season-10

Big Bang Theory renewed up til season 10
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

I said as much two posts ago
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

10 seasons. That's good news.

Meanwhile here in the UK we're still waiting for the rest of the current season to finish airing.
                    It returns in April on E4.

Comment

Wheeeee

here in the US we got the second to last episode (season finale next week)

Fans, if you can't watch it, get off the internet because something happened that'll be spoiled, especially in next week's promo. So if you can watch it, do. If you can't, tone down your social media or avoid spoilers until you can.

For those that must know what happened
                      Spoiler:
                      Leonard and Penny got engaged, which will have a direct reason for next week's finale going by the spoilers I read. But it's such a sweet moment you don't want to know it's coming
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I wanted Amy to push Sheldon off that train.
                        Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                        At this point it's hard to have any sympathy for Amy when she gets upset with Sheldon. She really should know by now what he's like and realized that he isn't likely to change. She either has to accept him as is or dump him.
                        Last night was the one on the train

When Amy was first introduced she was just like Sheldon. No interest in ever having any kind of relationship. She only agreed to meet him because of an arrangement she had with her mother.. But since then she's changed.. Maybe being around Penny and Bernadette made her realise what she was missing.. or the writers thought it would be funny to watch Sheldon deal with someone completely obsessed with him...

But whatever the reason she changed.. and Sheldon is slowly changing too.. they're on the same curve to a "normal" relationship but she's much further ahead and going faster than him..

Last week was the one with James Earl Jones.. and I want to imagine that's exactly how he is in real life

Comment

All I have to say about the episode on the train...

It's about time that happend. We've been waiting a few seasons.

Comment

I am so over Leonard and Penny. They act as if they don't even like each other. I was cheering for them until about two seasons ago. But now I'd rather watch any of the other characters interact. They are toxic together and that is such an abusive relationship the way Penny is constantly belittling Leonard and he just takes it. He deserves so much better.

Really I'm just over Penny. Her character started out as cute and sweet. She never made fun of the guys. She was confused and charmed by them.

Then it became obvious that she was an empty nothing when they created other much more developed and interesting female characters to interact with. As every other character on the show filled out Penny remained uninteresting.

Unfortunately, the show's fix for that was to turn her into more of the original concept for the character from the failed first pilot, which was a hard drinking rocker chick who insulted and belittled the nerds. So now we have a drunk, insulting Penny who is still vapid and meaningless.

And honestly Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting acting is terrible lately too. You can see she's just going through the motions. Maybe if she cared a little more the writers would give her better stuff to work with. Practically every take you can see her break. This isn't a live variety show. It's not cute when that happens; it's distracting.

I think Penny needs to go off to acting school in NY for a few seasons (maybe KC-S could get some too). I actually enjoy Howard and Amy more than Penny now. And that's saying something; for a long time they were my least favorite characters on the show by a mile.

Spoilers for last episode:

Spoiler:
                            I did enjoy seeing Sheldon give Raj dating advice. And it was good too. Who would have thought Sheldon would be the more proficient at interpersonal relationships?!

I also think the show is losing it's premise. It's not about socially awkward nerds/scientists making their way in a baffling world. It's a slightly quirkier version of Friends. I'm tired of the soap opra/rom com drama. The writers need to get out of the celeb rooms and go interact with the crowds at a few SF conventions (and not just the ent industry celeb fest that SD comic con has become).

Comment

I agree, it is becoming a quirky version of Friends. A lot of the plotlines have become running gags. The whole Penny's acting career arc especially. She should really do more plays. I don't get why that hasn't happened.

Spoiler:
                              So... I just see Leonard and Penny being engaged as a set up for more wacky romantic plots. Though I did like surprisingly insightful Sheldon.
                              sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed the 'Star Wars' day episode. It put a smile on my face.

We are a few episodes behind here in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                                X