Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burn Notice: Discussion, spoilers, pics, etc....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
    He was amazing wasn't he?....that last scene with Jeffery Donovan will stay in my mind for a very long time.....what I love about Michael Shanks is that he's not a selfish actor....he takes whatever part he's given and makes it all about the character, without any thought for how he, as a person, is coming across......he gives his all but in such a way that it never seems to detract from the person he's acting with....he's such class in "one-on-one" scenes .....*thinks back to Abyss with RDA, 24 with Kari Matchett and this latest BN*....it's never "all about meeeee!!" with him, like some other actors in well-know series that I've seen.....

I just hope that now, when he goes for whatever part he's trying for, the directors/producers/writers/TPTB of whatever series/film/show watch this scene and fall over themselves to give him what he deserves...a chance for the wider television and film audience to see what he can REALLY do!...

Ok - your daily gush over Michael Shanks is now over - back to your scheduled forum life!...

Deeds xx
    I agree completely with all of the above....Michael is what I call an actor...takes his job very seriously and realises that it is just not him that is on the screen but everyone else as well and that includes all of the back staff as well...

Kriss
    sigpic

Comment

Hello, everyone! I have made my way over to this forum from the Burn Notice forum on the USA Network site by way of Kriss, who so graciously sent us new Michael Shanks fans the link to this thread.

I began watching Burn Notice on its encore run last spring on the recommendation of my mother, who is a also a big fan. I try to make it over to her place to watch the show on the weekends. Now, my mom has always been a big fan of SG1 and has chatted it up over the years to me ("Listen to the intro music, isn't it great? Richard Dean Anderson is so funny, I know you'd like him in this show!" So on and so forth - but one comment that my mom repeatedly used to promote Stargate was this: "There is the cutest and sweetest young man on SG1, and he's so talented and smart!" *laughs* Now, I've never been one to gravitate to the science fiction genre, which is truly unfortunate as Michael Shanks is a remarkable actor and I wish I'd come to learn of him earlier than this. (It's a mistake that I hope to remedy over the upcoming hiatus from Burn Notice, however, by checking out the DVDs of SG1 from the library).

Michael Shanks played the role of Victor like nobody's business. No one character has ever been as well-matched against Michael Westen's skill set. I know I've posted this already on the Burn Notice forum under the note left for us by Burn Notice creator Matt Nix, but I just had to bring it over here because it's what I loved so much about MS in this role. Forgive me for the length of this post (I know Kriss is already aware of my wordiness, lol; also I don't want to double post on my first visit over here...) --

I just posted about this over in the "Victor deserves a wake/Michael Shanks deserves an Emmy" thread - basically there are times when a "flawed" character becomes heroic on the basis of his actions. Generally he rises to the occasion and puts his life on the line in some way. Victor wouldn't have been the great character he turned out to be if he hadn't been placed into that "show us what you're made of" situation at the end of "Lesser Evil." He died with honor and dignity at the hands of the lead hero of this story (Michael Westen). This gave us the chance to appreciate fully just what *Michael* is made of at the core (something we wouldn't have known if we hadn't seen him go through the emotionally gutwrenching ordeal with Victor). The emotional payoff came at great expense to this character, but the payoff was huge, however. will miss Victor greatly in season 3 - he was a good soldier and in my opinion "died with his boots on." And honestly, I cannot say enough just how impressed I am with Michael Shanks. You can bet that I'll be watching everything that he does in the future from here on out.

What a terrific character - what a terrific actor.

Thanks for letting me stop in on your fair forum, everyone (especially to Kriss)! Thank you for starting up this thread, Killdeer - it's great to meet fellow BN fans! Please know you're welcome to drop by our forum anytime you like, we love Michael Shanks fans and have really enjoyed chatting up how talented he is (and yes, on a thoroughly shallow note, how classically handsome he is, ahem).

And thank you for giving me the opportunity to gush a bit about the talented Michael Shanks! I'm sure I'll drop by again once I've seen a few episodes of Stargate. :-)

Comment

I caught the episode where

Spoiler:
        Victor is shot

on Monday (I think...) night. It's the first of Shanks that I'd caught. I need to find one of the days where USA is running a marathon and clear my schedule and just sit at home and watch them to catch up.

Blargh!

Comment

Welcome to Gateworld Philippa!

Hope you enjoy yourself!

Kriss
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome Philippa and...WOW, what a mom!
            sigpic
            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

but one comment that my mom repeatedly used to promote Stargate was this: "There is the cutest and sweetest young man on SG1, and he's so talented and smart!" *laughs* Now, I've never been one to gravitate to the science fiction genre, which is truly unfortunate as Michael Shanks is a remarkable actor and I wish I'd come to learn of him earlier than this.
              Heh, one should always listen to ones mother. She is invariably correct. In this case she was correct like nobody's business. Welcome to the forum, and to SG-1.

Comment

I plan on buying all the DVDs when I have a chance and I loved Michael on BN he was so awesome.
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I already have season 2 on order......can't wait until June...

Kriss
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dankriss View Post
                    Welcome to Gateworld Philippa!

Hope you enjoy yourself!

Kriss
                    Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                    Welcome Philippa and...WOW, what a mom!
                    I hadn't read her screen name and that really confused me, cause my name is Philippa as well!

Comment

Funny little thing
                      Spoiler:
                      this IS a real spoiler
                      Spoiler:
                      Daniel Jackson aka Michael Shanks aka victor dies Poor Daniel he kicks it more than Kenny
                      Got a Problem
                      Cut it off
                      C4
                      Duct Tape
                      WD40

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Connery's Ori View Post
                        Funny little thing
                        Spoiler:
                        this IS a real spoiler
                        Spoiler:
                        Daniel Jackson aka Michael Shanks aka victor dies Poor Daniel he kicks it more than Kenny
                        I don't think so, this time he's gone for good, unfortunately
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

BN will be back this summer with 16 new episodes (although I'm not sure if they'll all air in the summer or whether they'll save some of them for the winter as they did this season).

Here's some links with S3 spoilers:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/...otice-exc.html

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Burn-Not...e-1003677.aspx (discusses the finale and also spoilers for S3)
                          Last edited by Killdeer; 18 March 2009, 08:12 AM.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Its such a shame Carla died. I felt the unresolved tension between Carla and Michael didn't get to play out. At least though, she died at Fi's hands.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Only a few days until Burn Notice returns (June 4)!

I found this great article thanks to the Burn Notice LJ Community.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...n-notice_N.htm
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                                Only a few days until Burn Notice returns (June 4)!

I found this great article thanks to the Burn Notice LJ Community.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...n-notice_N.htm
                                Thanks! That's a great article with great comments by the actors.

USA is also running a marathon of episodes on Wed and Thursday daytime.
                                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                                X