Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burn Notice: Discussion, spoilers, pics, etc....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG Michael Shanks was SOOO cool. I just recently got hooked onto Burn Notice--I blame my dad--and love the complexity of it. I've faithfully watched this season, although it's not going to be as cool next week after I've moved into my dorm and DON'T get to see it on the pretty big plasma we have.

Anyhoo, I just can't get over how spectacular MS was...I mean I love him as Daniel, but this was really a departure from that role IMO. Still, it was great to see him do something else and I loved it! Totally looking forward to more.....

Comment

I didn't even realise that was Michael Shanks until about 30 seconds after he started talking and
      Spoiler:
      Michael Westen said "love the shirt" to him and he mentioned about the guy's tongue being in the garbage disposal

Loved him in this, hope to see a lot more of him in it.

Comment

Hi! I'm relatively new to Gateworld, having looked before, but never posted. So, you folks show me how friendly SG fans can be and help me out!
        I'm a HUGE Michael Shanks fan, and will watch ANYTHING he's on, *grin*... some of them, I even watch, otherwise, LOL!
        Anyways, I just saw his first appearance (of... three?), as "Victor", on "Burn Notice", last night! Won't write any spoilers here, but, needless to say... FANTASTIC!
        And, last season, he did a guest spot, on an episode called "All That Glitters", on "Eureka".
        I'm looking for anyone who has screencaps from either, or both, of those!
        Please, I need screencaps of MS's guest appearances! Anyone? Let me know!
        Thanx, and again, I'm puttin' my faith in Stargate fans... Help!
        RippersPet... "Queen of the Bunny Slippers"! Avid (or is that rabid?) SG fan and devotee of all things Daniel Jackson.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."-Nietzsche

Comment

MS on "Burn Notice" & "Eureka"... looking for screencaps, pix, info
          ----
          Hi! I'm relatively new to Gateworld, having looked before, but never posted. So, you folks show me how friendly SG fans can be and help me out!
          I'm a HUGE Michael Shanks fan, and will watch ANYTHING he's on, *grin*... some of them, I even watch, otherwise, LOL!
          Anyways, I just saw his first appearance (of... three?), as "Victor", on "Burn Notice", last night! Won't write any spoilers here, but, needless to say... FANTASTIC!
          And, last season, he did a guest spot, on an episode called "All That Glitters", on "Eureka".
          I'm looking for anyone who has screencaps from either, or both, of those!
          Please, I need screencaps of MS's guest appearances! Anyone? Let me know!
          Thanx, and again, I'm puttin' my faith in Stargate fans... Help!

(This is a repost from my thread, which I made ONLY because it pertained to "Eureka", as well as "Burn Notice". But, I figure you folks might be able to help, and may only be checking this thread... Worth a shot! *grin*)
          RippersPet... "Queen of the Bunny Slippers"! Avid (or is that rabid?) SG fan and devotee of all things Daniel Jackson.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."-Nietzsche

Comment

I thought I had some Eureka ones but I can't find them on my comp. I have some Burn Notice ones though I'm sure there will be Eureka screencap communities on the net somewhere, try Google

Spoiler:

That's all I got, sorry.

EDIT: Here is the link to All That Glitters screencaps from VisitEureka.net - Michael's ones start on page 12.
            Last edited by firefly827347; 15 August 2008, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Wow! Thanx so much! The ones for Eureka are GREAT! I didn't realize, I guess, how much of the Burn Notice ep, MS wore his sunglasses for, *grin*... Doesn't make for as interesting a pic, but... I'll take what I can get, for right now! Thanx again and if you should do more of this ep of Burn Notice, please, let me know! He's slated for a couple more (at least), so I'll be looking for some from them, too. All the best, and again, thanx! RP
              P.S. Did anyone else notice this?.... MS appears to have a chipped front tooth. Was it always so, or is that new? I didn't remember ever seeing it before, in any of his photos or anything. Maybe I just didn't pay attention, but then, they say love is blind. *grin*
              Last edited by RippersPet; 16 August 2008, 03:10 AM. Reason: added a p.s.

Comment

Originally posted by RippersPet View Post
                Wow! Thanx so much! The ones for Eureka are GREAT! I didn't realize, I guess, how much of the Burn Notice ep, MS wore his sunglasses for, *grin*... Doesn't make for as interesting a pic, but... I'll take what I can get, for right now! Thanx again and if you should do more of this ep of Burn Notice, please, let me know! He's slated for a couple more (at least), so I'll be looking for some from them, too. All the best, and again, thanx! RP
                P.S. Did anyone else notice this?.... MS appears to have a chipped front tooth. Was it always so, or is that new? I didn't remember ever seeing it before, in any of his photos or anything. Maybe I just didn't pay attention, but then, they say love is blind. *grin*
                It's unlikely I'll be capping this episode again any time soon but I'll certainly be capping his other Burn Notice eps.

I noticed his tooth in this too, but I can't remember if it was like that in Continuum.

Comment

did anybody what last weeks episode? Michael shanks was hilarious and did good.

KEEP IT CLEAN
                  Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                  Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

yeah i saw it yesterday, was a great episode. i actually started watching the show because i heard he was going to be guest starring. i hope they use him again in future episodes.
                    where are you going?
                    I am leaving you are about to explode.
                    AHHHHHHHHHHH
                    Kaboom!

Comment

I was actually able to watch Burn Notice, I missed Eureka and Man vs. Wild b/c I was so damn tired from getting poked a proded up to mayo. But I got all caught up today, DVR.

I was actually quite surprised at how MS was able to create such a belivable badass character. To go from the geek archologist to Victor the evil operative.

Spoiler:
                      I loved it how Micheal blew up those barrels, Victor was totally freaked out. I miss Carla, but I think Victor will be better.

I belive that was a Russian type sniper rifle, I think this could be some bad stuff for Micheal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lycan View Post
                        i hope they use him again in future episodes.
                        I think I read that he was going to be in multiple eps? Maybe I'm completely making it up, wishful thinking and all. Off to go look that up!

Yep, June 24 news story on the Main Gate World Page stated: Stargate SG-1 co-star Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson") will guest star in a four-episode story arc on the successful USA Network series Burn Notice, his official Web site is reporting.
                        sigpic
                        Winchester Asylum - For the Supernatural Nuts!
                        http://z7.invisionfree.com/Wincheste...ex.php?act=idx

Comment

Originally posted by RippersPet View Post
                          I think Michael has always had the chipped tooth, at least since Stargate started. It is hard to tell from earlier pictures.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think Michael Weston might be
                            Spoiler:
                            being set up as a scapegoat for an assasination. I mean what else do you do with a sniper rifle?
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                              I think Michael Weston might be
                              Spoiler:
                              being set up as a scapegoat for an assasination. I mean what else do you do with a sniper rifle?
                              Ooh, like
                              Spoiler:
                              the movie Shooter? I love that movie.

And I think you might be right.

Comment

It definitely does seem like they're setting up an assassination. Look at the items they had Michael steal: a computer database, a security access card, a sniper rifle. But the fact that they went to so much trouble to steal THAT PARTICULAR sniper rifle leads me to think something else is going on. Like maybe this clandestine intelligence agency is trying to start a war by making it look like a specific assassin or specific country committed the assassination. I don't know if they're necessarily looking to frame Michael for it; they just need his skills and they need him to be outside the intelligence community to do their thing.

On a personal note, I'm glad that Gabrielle Anwar apparently ate a couple of cheeseburgers between the first and second season. She still a skinny woman, but at least now she doesn't look like a toothpick.
                                Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                                I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                                What have these years left to me?
                                Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Working...
                                X