Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burn Notice: Discussion, spoilers, pics, etc....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ I tend to agree with that assessment.

On an unrelated note to the show...I was watching the trailer for the new movie, Changeling, that's coming out in late October, and I saw that Jeffrey Donovan (Michael from Burn Notice) is in it.
    Last edited by LoneStar1836; 22 September 2008, 02:38 PM. Reason: sp
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Yeah, I don't have a clue what's going on now. Nothing makes any sense. I'm hoping it will make sense eventually though.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Just to remind everyone ......

Burn Notice returns this Thursday night (Jan 22), 10:00pm EST on USA.

You can view a preview clip of the episode (looks like the first couple of minutes) on the Burn Notice Official Site.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Sadly, another series that I lost track of. I don't even have time for DVR.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
            Sadly, another series that I lost track of. I don't even have time for DVR.
            They've been re-running from sometime in s1 every weeknight at 11pm Central the past couple weeks. And then 5 episodes in a row starting at 10pm Wed night and then more episodes all day Thursday from 5 am - 4 pm.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

For those who watch Burn Notice, What did you think of Michael Shanks' character in it..?

He had a really annoying role until this past episode, which i really liked. The background of the character brought out a lot of information and you got to understand his character. It was great seeing him + michael westen work together.
              Spoiler:
              Too bad he had to die, i would have loved seeing more of that teamwork in the future seasons.

Comment

i thought that victor was a great character and MS played him greatly.i agree it is a shame that
                Spoiler:
                he died...i to would have like to see him again

Comment

I loved Michael Shanks in this role. I think it allowed him to be a complete opposite from what we've been watching since the start of SG1 and watching him play this villain was just really enjoyable, especially because it was so hard to not to like him.

Spoiler:
                  It's a shame the character died though, however I like how the characters death allowed further development of the main character of the show so it's going to be interesting to see just how much of an effect Victor will have even though he's gone

sigpic

Comment

He did an absolutely fantastic job. It's quite astonishing that given how short his appearances were early in the season, he was able to create a character who was so interesting and had so much depth that
                    Spoiler:
                    the scene on at the end was truly tragic and deeply moving. It was just heartbreaking.
                    It didn't hurt that he was working with an actor of the same calibre, either.

Comment

If anyone is interested have a read on the USA Network official forum...

Burn Notice

Great group of people and very friendly...

If you want to see screen caps of the episodes...

Burn Notice screen caps

Kriss
                      sigpic

Comment

Amazing performance by Michael....once again acting out of the box in that final scene with Jeffrey Donovan and really bringing out the sadness in Victor, and the reason why he went "rogue"....who couldn't help themselves to sort of almost accept and understand the man for doing the dirty jobs he did.....

I hope that this leads to even greater parts for Michael, who's shown such class in his guest starring roles on mainstream TV so far.....ok they've been small (24 and CSI Miami) but quality counts, not quantity imho.....however I feel he deserves something BIG now....

Well done Michael - it's a cracking TV show to guest star on and you did yourself proud!...

Deeds xx
                        Last edited by discodiva; 10 March 2009, 05:32 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Loved Michael in the role, and he seemed to really enjoy playing Victor.

Comment

What a moving and memorable performance by Michael Shanks! That was some of the finest acting I've seen on television. Truly Emmy worthy.

Comment

I love you Victor.

OMG. They stopped showing Burn Notice on tv3...(a new zealand channel) right in the middle of the season! Right before Michael's third appearance! I mean, how stupid is that?

I'm so depressed...

*goes off to find cake*

Comment

Originally posted by quasar View Post
                                What a moving and memorable performance by Michael Shanks! That was some of the finest acting I've seen on television. Truly Emmy worthy.

He was amazing wasn't he?....that last scene with Jeffery Donovan will stay in my mind for a very long time.....what I love about Michael Shanks is that he's not a selfish actor....he takes whatever part he's given and makes it all about the character, without any thought for how he, as a person, is coming across......he gives his all but in such a way that it never seems to detract from the person he's acting with....he's such class in "one-on-one" scenes .....*thinks back to Abyss with RDA, 24 with Kari Matchett and this latest BN*....it's never "all about meeeee!!" with him, like some other actors in well-known series that I've seen.....

I just hope that now, when he goes for whatever part he's trying for, the directors/producers/writers/TPTB of whatever series/film/show watch this scene and fall over themselves to give him what he deserves...a chance for the wider television and film audience to see what he can REALLY do!...

Ok - your daily gush over Michael Shanks is now over - back to your scheduled forum life!...

Deeds xx
                                Last edited by discodiva; 11 March 2009, 03:48 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Working...
                                X