This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
    We should start a campaign stop the movie start a series or continue one. If they think this will make them more money it might but it's a crazy risk
    start a campaign? like how we could have all banded together to let mgm know we wanted sg1-atlantis-sgu back? like just letting mgm KNOW we still wanted the tv franchise?

yeah, i seem to remember this coming up... i guess when you ask for nothing, you get nothing.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich are not George Lucas or Gene Roddenberry Stargate is not Star Wars or Star Trek it doesn't have the massive fan base and well known in the mainstream it will tank and all of Stargate will be dead cause of them
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        start a campaign? like how we could have all banded together to let mgm know we wanted sg1-atlantis-sgu back? like just letting mgm KNOW we still wanted the tv franchise?

yeah, i seem to remember this coming up... i guess when you ask for nothing, you get nothing.
        Well I did join in the previous campaigns but I think with this news more people would be willing to help a campaign for and sg1 or sga film instead of this

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
          Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich are not George Lucas or Gene Roddenberry Stargate is not Star Wars or Star Trek it doesn't have the massive fan base and well known in the mainstream it will tank and all of Stargate will be dead cause of them
          the devlin/emmerich version of stargate IS the alternate reality version now, so stargate is dead. well, new stargate...
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Well I did join in the previous campaigns but I think with this news more people would be willing to help a campaign for and sg1 or sga film instead of this
            Most people wouldn't care. Only the fans care
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Aren't the fans "most people"?? Look at this forum... it's still very active! And how about the popularity of the shows and the actors all over the world? I seriously doubt the original movie was even a smidge as popular as the 3 series still are. And let's not forget that Hollywood revolves around "names" not acting, while the 3 series were based on quality acting that made names out of its actors.
              Monica Zelenka lover since 2004! RDA fan since 1985! Lorne fan since 2003!
              sigpic
              Lady Pandora
              Atlantis Series: Retrospective Ruminations Unexpected

Comment

Originally posted by MonicaL View Post
                Aren't the fans "most people"?? Look at this forum... it's still very active! And how about the popularity of the shows and the actors all over the world? I seriously doubt the original movie was even a smidge as popular as the 3 series still are. And let's not forget that Hollywood revolves around "names" not acting, while the 3 series were based on quality acting that made names out of its actors.
                No. Fans make up the minority of the viewing audience. The forum is a shadow of its former self. Its no where near as active as the old days. That sounds like double standards to justify your personal preference of the tv shows over the movies
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

This is a bad idea they just got out of bankruptcy and already want to make massive risks a film like this will cost 100+mil massive risk
                  That's why they're teaming up with Warner. Studios are doing this more often these days to share the risk when doing big budget films.

MGM is taking much less of a risk than Marvel did when they took out that huge loan, using their main characters as collateral should their films have failed.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a reimagining if it weren't from these 2 guys if they're going to do it at least do it with fresh pair of eyes

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      the devlin/emmerich version of stargate IS the alternate reality version now, so stargate is dead. well, new stargate...
                      If it's a complete reboot, the original devlin/emmerich film will probably be orphaned too, right along with the three television series.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        No. Fans make up the minority of the viewing audience. The forum is a shadow of its former self. Its no where near as active as the old days. That sounds like double standards to justify your personal preference of the tv shows over the movies
                        I'm obviously a latecomer to this forum, but I know plenty of people (also not on the forum) who are fans of the series. And yes, some of them really like the movie as well. Fans are the ones who will spend their hard-earned money for not only DVDs/Blu-rays, but also purchase clothing, action figures, books, audio dramas, pay a lot to attend conventions for autographs and photos and a chance to talk to an actor, etc. I've been a fan of scifi since childhood, when my dad took me to see Star Wars in 1977. And I collect based on what I like. Doing a complete reboot seems to be the Hollywood thing right now, but there is so much that could be done from what was left after the end of SGA and SGU.
                        Monica Zelenka lover since 2004! RDA fan since 1985! Lorne fan since 2003!
                        sigpic
                        Lady Pandora
                        Atlantis Series: Retrospective Ruminations Unexpected

Comment

Originally posted by ESESEL View Post
                          I don't know. It just feels like asking Raimi to reboot Spiderman.

I wouldn't mind a reimagining if it weren't from these 2 guys if they're going to do it at least do it with fresh pair of eyes
                          Totally agree. Star Trek reboot through fresh eyes was fantastic.

I am more optimistic about a 'reboot'. Sure, SGA or SGU films would awesome but would only really serve the existing fan base. Why wouldn't we (as fans) want Stargate to grow?

They still better at least reference the series' though and accept that Stargate exists and remains popular today because of the series and not the original film.

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

This doesn't necessarily mean that anything related to SG1 will be included in these movies. These are the original creators of the Stargate movie, and at least one of them has said he's never even watched any SG1 episodes, and has made some negative comments about the series. So it is unlikely that Sam or Teal'c will be in these movies.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              This doesn't necessarily mean that anything related to SG1 will be included in these movies. These are the original creators of the Stargate movie, and at least one of them has said he's never even watched any SG1 episodes, and has made some negative comments about the series. So it is unlikely that Sam or Teal'c will be in these movies.
                              No. Considering how much Emmerich loves the tv series - not. And it's based on the 94 movie not the tv series so it's likely to be nothing what we've become used to. I think I'm rather disappointed with this news. I'm really disappointed with MGM's decision to go with E&D rather than stick with what works well.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

this is MGM's "how to finally bury a franchise that was shelved"

Comment

Working...
                                X