• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
    Jack O'Neill - Chris Pratt
    Daniel Jackson - Johnny Galecki
    Samantha Carter - Autumn Reeser

Besides the originals, does anybody have a wish list for the cast?
    Assuming they go for a movie with exactly the same set of characters.. They might decide to create a whole new set to further distance themselves from the TV series..

Comment

This should be a very interesting project, but I'm a bit sad that they are ALREADY doing a reboot. It seems shows can't be allowed to just stay as they were in our minds, they have to be recast, redone, rebooted :s
      ~~~I like to see both sides of things~~~

Comment

Originally posted by CarrieAnn View Post
        This should be a very interesting project, but I'm a bit sad that they are ALREADY doing a reboot. It seems shows can't be allowed to just stay as they were in our minds, they have to be recast, redone, rebooted :s
        It's not the show that's being rebooted, it's the film and that one dates back to 1994(?). So, 20 years between old and new isn't a bad amount of years.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by RunnerRonon View Post
          I agree with you completely. The best case scenario would be accepting the TV shows as cannon, and leaving the main characters in the background, by referring to them, or mentioning what they did sometimes. Giving some of them a cameo, a few lines or even a bigger part in the franchise would be fantastic. But just leaving their names in the franchise would be at least something. That said, I do have to say, making Sam go from incredibly smart and important scientist to the person who only counts chevrons, and replaces an automatic system because "The SG teams like to know that there's a real person on the other end"(A quote from Harriman in Heroes Part 1) is a bit disrespectful if you ask me
          Yup. Everything you said
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            It's not the show that's being rebooted, it's the film and that one dates back to 1994(?). So, 20 years between old and new isn't a bad amount of years.
            Has it been that long... It annoys me why generally they have to reboot everything and can't think of something original, and leave our favourites alone.
            ~~~I like to see both sides of things~~~

Comment

Originally posted by RunnerRonon View Post
              That said, I do have to say, making Sam go from incredibly smart and important scientist to the person who only counts chevrons, and replaces an automatic system because "The SG teams like to know that there's a real person on the other end"(A quote from Harriman in Heroes Part 1) is a bit disrespectful if you ask me
              Well, the Harriman quote came after the gate was in regular operation for 7 years. Everything I've heard is that this will be when they're first figuring out how to use the Stargate, so everyone involved will probably be a pretty significant scientist.

Of course, with what Devlin and Emmerich have said about the TV side of the franchise (the vast majority of it), I wouldn't be surprised if they go out of their way not to mention anything from the show.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                me neither, thankfully.

but.but.but STARLORD! and I'm hooked on a feeling! and rocket raccoon.. and...and...and.... FEELS.
                My younger sister got a Starlord jacket which she DIDN'T bring to my house when my family was over for Christmas! She hand't realised how much I wanted to drool over it! I'll see it eventually... maybe even get to try it on... if I can wrestle it out of her hands.
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by CarrieAnn View Post
                  Has it been that long... It annoys me why generally they have to reboot everything and can't think of something original, and leave our favourites alone.
                  This has been standard Hollywood practice for... forever i think.

It's down to money. Artists are nice and all, but are generally bad for making money. Because they do what they do for the craft itself, not the money. Whenever money is short and Hollywood needs safe money, it just reboots something because they know it'll work. If someone beforehand had told people Star Wars was going to be the success it was... they'd have laughed and laughed.

Reboots are the closest thing Hollywood has to a safe prediction of what'll make money. And unfortunately, people who fund this thing see it as a monetary investment, not as some labor of love, and so wish it to make more money.

Comment

Working...
                  X