Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not shure wether or not this was put in on purpose or was a coincidence but:the comander of the Prometheus in lost city was named Col. Kirkland
    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

to tell you the truth, i would not be suprised if when earth does make ships if they do not resemble the enterprise. it has been rooted into our culture

Comment

A while back, I read in "Discover" magazine that a tech company created a computer version of the holodeck. Their customers requested the grid to look more like the on on STTNG.
        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

my favorite trek jokes are the atlantis ones: An entire episode based on the kirk principle (where other series just have people falling for main character but not say it's kirk's syndrome). and the scottish docter.

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
          to tell you the truth, i would not be suprised if when earth does make ships if they do not resemble the enterprise. it has been rooted into our culture
          this is almost completely opposite to what I think, so i will have to comment.

Ships looking like those out of TV series will not be around for a VERY long time. They'll be concentrating on designs that work, not look good or like something from TV. When we have off the shelf stuff that can let up zip around space, cross galactic distances easily and can mod spaceships as easily as cars - maybe.
          but star trek isn't really rooted in earth culture anyway...

Comment

Everyone's forgetting this one from Sanctuary (unless I've just missed it on the thread)
            Spoiler:
            McKay: Word of caution. The whole Captain Kirk routine is problematic, to say the least. A little morally dubious.
            and
            McKay: Romancing the alien priestess? It's very 1967 of you.

Comment

Eeek! I hate it when you U.K. people tempt us with spoilers. Get thee away from me!

I am spoiler free, I am spoiler free, I am spoiler free, I am spoiler free, I am spoiler free, I am spoiler free..................giggle

Comment

i agre
                MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by SP90
                  I just heard another Star Trek joke in the latest episode of Atlantis - Sanctuary
                  Spoiler:

McKay calls Sheppard "Captain Kirk" for hitting on that ascended Ancient lady!
                  Damn! I just had to look. And I only had two more hours to wait until I could see the episode for myself... *cries*
                  !!! HHGTTG movie out this May! Don't forget to bring your towel! !!!

[ | Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club | ]

Smor: My Anti-Drug

Ba'am: You can bet your ba'als on it.

(thanks to Justin for the pic and no, I'm not serious )

Comment

Oh, well. I've seen Sanctuary now. And although that little bit got spoiled for me, I did manage to forget it somewhat so the Star Trek joke still made me laugh when it came up. I was amused when McKay told Sheppard
                    Spoiler:
                    that they weren't in the year 1967. (Don't actually know if this is much of a spoiler but eh! I won't take any chances...)

Side note, Beckett makes me laugh. He's so a cross between McCoy and Scotty. I love him to death.
                    !!! HHGTTG movie out this May! Don't forget to bring your towel! !!!

[ | Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club | ]

Smor: My Anti-Drug

Ba'am: You can bet your ba'als on it.

(thanks to Justin for the pic and no, I'm not serious )

Comment

lol.. yes the
                      Spoiler:
                      kirk joke was completely unexpected... it helped me like the episode actually... i wasn't looking forward to them pulling the kirk card and making shep hit on alien chicks.... but then mckay made the reference and i was like "ok, they're making it a joke soit's all good... lol... and i did like the episode

Comment

In the Atlantis Epp "The Defiant One"

(spoiler space)

Sheppard says "Everyone remember where we parked" and then cloaks the puddlejumper.
                        This is pretty much identical to the scene in ST: IV when Kirk lands in the park and cloaks their klingon ship.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that yet. When that scene played, my GF and I looked at each other like we immediately recognized that wink.

Comment

In regard to "Fallen", it is a homage to Star Wars in more ways than one. Not only is the concept of blowing up a vent a take-off on "A New Hope", the interio of Anubis' ship is almost exactly like the core of the Death Star II in "Return of the Jedi." And, of course, there's the whole Anubis thing. Surely others must have noticed that his appearance is taken directly from Emperor Palpatine.

Ascended Ancients - - Ascended Jedi?

Japha - - Stormtroopers?

Japha royal guards - - Emperor's personal guards?

Goa'ould weird voice - - Darth Vader voice?

And of course, the writers for Stargate wisely chose to follow the Star Wars concept of "hyperspace" instead of the fundamentaly flawed Star Trek concept of "warp speed."

Comment

best movie reference is 'fail safe' when anubis sends the asteroid to destroy earth

Jack: "I've seen this movie. It hits Paris."

Comment

In "Sanctuary", I think McKay's line:

Spoiler space

"It's so 1967 of you." is a keeper.

Comment

In "Stargate SG1, Reckoning, part1", Jacob Carter talks about the Replicators taking over a quadrant of the galaxy, while the view screen shows a rectangle much smaller than 1/4th of the area.

While this is not a Star Trek joke, it's a sure sign that the writer (or Jacob Carter) watched the original "Star Trek" where they often made the same mistake. It was a nostalgic moment for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X