This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatusu
    I was around at the time (although very young). Almost everyone knew who Captain Kirk was. However, they often got Mr. Spock mixed up with Dr. Spock, the famous pediatrician.
    Even the 1960's comedy Bewitched had a Joke about confusing the two Spocks in one of the episodes aired in spring 1968:

'In # 137, "Samantha’s Secret Saucer," after [Samantha's young daughter] Tabitha makes the toy saucer fly outside, Aunt Clara mixes up the two "Spocks" when she tells Tabitha, "Excellent, Tabitha, excellent! You're a better space man than Dr. Spock!" In another scene at the breakfast table, after the spacemen [who look like dogs] came out of the saucer, Aunt Clara says to them, "Floppy ears - my, my. I thought spacemen had pointed ears."'
    Quote from: http://www.harpiesbizarre.com/reversereferences.htm which is part of an excellent Bewitched website.

In this episode, the bumbling old witch Clara, played by Marion Lorne, accidently turns a toy flying saucer into a real one, complete with spacemen, who look like humanoid dogs. After a go around with nosy neighbor Gladys Kravitz, and the Air Force, Clara is finally able think of a spell to send the spaceship away.

Unfortunately, this was Marion Lorne's last appearence before her death.

This might be slightly off topic and a a little long winded, but the episode does mention Spock and the Air Force, and the main character's name is Samantha...

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153
      This might be slightly off topic and a a little long winded, but the episode does mention Spock and the Air Force, and the main character's name is Samantha...
      You certainly pulled it all together!
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

"I'm captain james t kirk of the starship enterprise"

"sir we can't name it the 'Enterprise'"
        "whynot?"
        "I was just looking at the sky, Trying to figure out how many stars we'd actually been to."

Comment

Originally posted by newton4881

"sir we can't name it the 'Enterprise'"
          "whynot?"
          I loved that. It was exactly what I was thinking.
          Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Beliskner
            I wonder if the military checked out George Lucas for naming his character the same as an escaped Russian spy from 1969?
            Is that worse that stargate's Carolyn Lam, recalling the famous English bimbo Carolyn Lamb?

Comment

Working...
            X