X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    also, there's jack calling himself 'captain james t kirk' in 1969
    ...before changing it to Luke Skywalker.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
      ...before changing it to Luke Skywalker.
      Thus turning it into a Star Wars reference. PS. Was Star Trek not already out in 1969?

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
      from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
        Thus turning it into a Star Wars reference. PS. Was Star Trek not already out in 1969?
        Star Trek was out, but Star Wars didn't appear until 1977. I wonder if the military checked out George Lucas for naming his character the same as an escaped Russian spy from 1969?
        Flagship of the Asgard Fleet

Comment

Yup. It ran from 1966-1969. Maybe that's why Jack had to change his answer to Luke Skywalker.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
            My favorite would be the tour of the SGC during 2010. When Carter and Daniel are in the "Embarcation Room", there a guy with sunglasses (not O'Neill) in the background posing for a picture using the Vulcan "Live Long and Prosper" salute. O'Neill also attempts it in Evolution, Part 1.
            I missed that! Thanks. I'll look for it!
            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by major_gater
              My favorites are from, "The Other Guys"....
              Felger: "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Coombs: "Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan! And I don’t know how you can call youself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry!"
              I love that line! That is one of the best Trek related lines ever! The way he bites his lip at the end of it just sells it!
              "You cannot reason with your own heart;
              it has it's own laws and beats about things
              which the intellect scorns."
              - Mark Twain -

Comment

lol i love that bit too
                what about the worship at rhodeenberry's alter bit

Comment

i really loved when he wanted to name the ship Enterprise, it was so funny...you can't imagine how hard i laughed..

Comment

Originally posted by major_gater
                    My favorites are from, "The Other Guys"....

Felger: "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon." Coombs: "Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan! And I don’t know how you can call youself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry!"

Coombs: "We might as well be wearing red shirts!"
                    One step further, Coombs was played by Dr. Phlox from Enterprise. I was ammused that they made him the StarTrek fan

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      also, there's jack calling himself 'captain james t kirk' in 1969
                      That whole interogation scene is a homage to Original Trek when the Enterprise was first thrown back into time and Kirk was caught inside the air force base and interogated. It was a nice touch.
                      - Mark Twain -

Comment

The use of the name Colonel "Chekov" might have been another subtle link to Trek history.
                        There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                          That whole interogation scene is a homage to Original Trek when the Enterprise was first thrown back into time and Kirk was caught inside the air force base and interogated. It was a nice touch.
                          I don't know if you mean the fourth movie (with the time travel) but in that one the Russian got caught on the submarine. (Sorry, can't remember names since this is the only ST movie I've ever watched).

Which reminds me, just before this scene, the Russian wants to get beamed up and says "Scotty, now would be a good time." And in the S7 episode "Revisions" when the inhabitants threaten O'Neill and Teal'c, O'Neill says through the radio "Carter, now would be a good time."

Or it was just coincidence.
                          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I cracked up with the Enterprise line. Here's another:
                            Spoilers

From Season's 6 episode 1 (Lost the name all of a sudden... ) but when they are getting ready to launch the X-302 and Sam's checking all the systems, O'neill asks if the phasers are armed.
                            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

A couple of my favs:

"Beam them out. What am I, Scotty?" - Tangent
                              "We'll hold them off with those phaser things." - Prodigy

Nmom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                                I don't know if you mean the fourth movie (with the time travel) but in that one the Russian got caught on the submarine. (Sorry, can't remember names since this is the only ST movie I've ever watched).

No, I mean the original series where Enterprise is thrown back in time, is picked up on the radar and ends up crushing an Air Force interceptor in it's tractor beam right after they turn on their wing cameras. They then have to go to Earth to pick up the film of Enterprise in orbit and Kirk is caught and interrogated. It's a great episode, but I forget the name. I'll look it up.
                                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
                                X